Racing WS Cox Plate 2021 - dedicated raceday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the value runner outside of Zak, VE and SOR? Have laid my bets that cover those three but bet365 have given me a whole free $10 bonus bet to use on the race lol. Mo?

Who is the value runner outside of Zak, VE and SOR? Have laid my bets that cover those three but bet365 have given me a whole free $10 bonus bet to use on the race lol. Mo?

Older Mo looks rock bottom odds to me now - it would have to be Captivant at the relative prices given he was only rolled 0.5l by little Mo in the Guineas and looks like he can actually go forward.

Thinking Dalasan is probably going to be my long odds 3rd and 4th play for exotics. Has had the almost identical prep to in the Autumn where he ran 3rd in the QE at 40/1 just a neck off VE and he should get a similar run here being able to lob in the first few on the rails in a race that wont have much pace

Thinking Dalasan is probably going to be my long odds 3rd and 4th play for exotics. Has had the almost identical prep to in the Autumn where he ran 3rd in the QE at 40/1 just a neck off VE and he should get a similar run here being able to lob in the first few on the rails in a race that wont have much pace

I was just looking at exotics and ended up concluding there really is no point trying to get creative with 9 horses (1 of which probably has dead set none) and the fave a possible moral if it returns to form. The QE run of Big Dal is no form either as they absolutely walked and it was a blanket finish. I also disagree there won't be much pace - if its slow I think Big Z will be taken to the lead and rattle them along and a horse like Big Dal will get picked off in the straight.

So if I think both Mo's are rock bottom prices, Prob may not get her conditions, and Dal and Callsign won't be good enough - this is just not an exotics race for me (and to be fair that is often case with the Cox Plate) unless you want to just jam straight out quins/tris around Zaa/VE/SOR or play something with Captivant in for 3rd/4th.

Basically you might as well just back Dal to place rather than throwing him in and taking a % hit on what could end up very skinny exotics

Last edited:
Each to thier own
But you surely trust the proven WFA group 1 horses over a 3yo who wasn’t that impressive winning a Guineas
I mean he’s no The Autumn Sun ffs

clear top 3
Zaaki
VE
State of Rest

followed by : Mounga, Dalasan, Callsign Mav then Anamoe gasping for air as it crosses the like against the big boys

happy to wager a MC $30 trifecta Liefsy? Zaaki v Anamoe H2H
I have Zaaki on top too but if you can give me a 3yo to beat him i'd be in for the sake of a CP interest.

At current prices Captivant probably my bet for what its worth.

I am guessing this is not on?

Judging by the 4 races so far today wouldn't want to be anywhere but up near the speed tomorrow...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by the 4 races so far today wouldn't want to be anywhere but up near the speed tomorrow...

This happened last year as well - will all come down to whether they are ballsy enough to water overnight and risk getting too much rain

Asking for trouble if you are betting before tomorrow arvo. Very wide range for where the track condition could end up with watering decisions and how much rain hits

Basing my rain predictions off VE price. $10 on sunday into $5.4 with iminent rain touched a bit of $6.60 since it looking to dissipate, now around $6.20 but volume coming right out.

Would be a nightmare for Zaaki and VE specifically who were blaming hard tracks last start. They take up a huge %.

Asking for trouble if you are betting before tomorrow arvo. Very wide range for where the track condition could end up with watering decisions and how much rain hits

That's the beauty of the Zaa/VE/SOR trimuvirate - all possible track conditions covered

#betbig #betearly #betoften

Weak sauce to not chuck in the 20/1 3yo if you are so against them
What part of Zaaki v Anamoe h2h is unclear
Liefs clearly said he was with Anamoe prior to the post after my proposition
Then said Zaaki on top?

Doesn’t matter , I’ll be happy enough cheering home Zaaki as romps away at 100m

Cant find this Zaaki the place bet. Looking in Politics on Pointsbet, been bashed already and they have pulled it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back