Racing WS Cox Plate 2021 - dedicated raceday thread

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agree with this. I’d argue I’m not convinced anamoe wins without contact, but if he’d steadied up, knuckled down and just missed a nose that gets upheld.

Yes, it's a close call, one of longest protests for a while, people talking through their pocket or pre-conceived ideas so definitively one way or the other is just embarrassing. It was bloody close.

Anyway great run by the first 2 good margins back through the field. Moe a big performance such fight from him.

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
VE brave as usual and didn’t handle the bend at all, but not convinced that was her absolute best. I hope she goes around Tuesday week, but if she doesn’t fire a shot there she might have had enough.
Always races her heart out but everything this prep has been a notch below. Hope the look after her, which for me would be not going there. McKinnon if anything.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Always races her heart out but everything this prep has been a notch below. Hope the look after her, which for me would be not going there. McKinnon if anything.

Spell, back to Sydney slops where she loves it and bon voyage into broodmare status. Would not achieve much going to MC given the ownership got the fave.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
You must be new to racing then.

Go watch Northerly and the Plate when Viscount was smashed.

Northerly was finishing all over the top of both Viscount and Sunline.

Maybe if Viscount was able to run straight, and Northerly was still going sideways, it gets the bob just. Probably not, Northerly still wins I think. But the best horse clearly won either way.

Anamoe would have won today if it hadn't been bumped when it was going past SOR.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gun to my head I would say Anamoe wins with no contact. The overhead shot showed him making up a length in the 100m before the bump and going better than SOR in the 50m after the bump when he got balanced.

That said I think it's the right decision as you need definitive proof and there's prob not enough to say SOR would not have fought back and held him off anyway.

Heads out of sync prob cost it being upheld as a nose would prob have got it done

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gun to my head I would say Anamoe wins with no contact. The overhead shot showed him making up a length in the 100m before the bump and going better than SOR in the 50m after the bump when he got balanced.

That said I think it's the right decision as you need definitive proof and there's prob not enough to say SOR would not have fought back and held him off anyway.

Heads out of sync prob cost it being upheld as a nose would prob have got it done

Nailed it

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
To me she’s looking every bit like she wants the 2 miles now. Ate it up last time and is looking more the stayer now. I think if she doesn’t go there they should tip her out until at least the autumn, if not call it quits.

Never mind big boys stepped in and got it to more acceptable price. Never looked good. Winner a nice profile, should win couple more this prep.

Second horse great return too

Yeah nice enough horse only 1 bad run in career was last prep 1 start easy forgive, not sure how far he can get as he's talent-limited but will sneak a few at ascot with his racing pattern and toughness/consistency.

Yeah like the jockey that was on today. Pike is having a laugh there today though

Anamoe had his chance and there was no contact in the final 100m.

Anyone going in to bat for an upheld decision is clearly talking from their pocket.
Had a bonus on winner no coin on anamoe and thought it should of been over turned

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To me she’s looking every bit like she wants the 2 miles now. Ate it up last time and is looking more the stayer now. I think if she doesn’t go there they should tip her out until at least the autumn, if not call it quits.
She’ll give Incentivise 2kg (WFA scale) and have to carry the second highest impost for a winning mare in history. Wouldn’t do it to her.

Last edited:
Back