Racing WS Cox Plate 2021 - dedicated raceday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just watched the Cox plate replay again, Can safely say its a Cox plate of Pinker Pinker class or maybe worse. Some horrible rides, Mounga was intent on keeping Probabeel out 3 wide and that was detrimental to itself. I have no idea why jockeys do this, they only waste energy on their own horses.
Probabeel was gone 1000 from home, never handled the track yet still ran 5th, shes a star but should never race on anything other than good again.
Captivant Callsign Mav and Dalasan were uncompetive, pains me to say that for Dal because he is an honest campaigner but he was outclassed today.
1st three were even, the rides basically decided their places. Anemoe gets ridden like VE and he gets beaten 3 lengths.

I am fairly confident given the conditions Zaaki would have won by 3 or 4 lengths today but it wasn't to be.

Oh and forget about racing Friday night before the Cos plate. All that does is cut up the track by the time the Cox Plate is run with a lot of crappy low quality races. Leave those horses for Flemington.

Bring on the Melbourne Cup! may Incentivise win by 10 so we can forget about today's debacle.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Just watched the Cox plate replay again, Can safely say its a Cox plate of Pinker Pinker class or maybe worse. Some horrible rides, Mounga was intent on keeping Probabeel out 3 wide and that was detrimental to itself. I have no idea why jockeys do this, they only waste energy on their own horses.
Probabeel was gone 1000 from home, never handled the track yet still ran 5th, shes a star but should never race on anything other than good again.
Captivant Callsign Mav and Dalasan were uncompetive, pains me to say that for Dal because he is an honest campaigner but he was outclassed today.
1st three were even, the rides basically decided their places. Anemoe gets ridden like VE and he gets beaten 3 lengths.

I am fairly confident given the conditions Zaaki would have won by 3 or 4 lengths today but it wasn't to be.

Oh and forget about racing Friday night before the Cos plate. All that does is cut up the track by the time the Cox Plate is run with a lot of crappy low quality races. Leave those horses for Flemington.

Bring on the Melbourne Cup! may Incentivise win by 10 so we can forget about today's debacle.
The Everest and the other Sydney pop up races have really hurt MVs big day

The Manikato was thin and the support card yesterday was very poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well VE cost me big time yesterday anyway. Why was it so far back at the turn? fu** I was shitty.

It was slowly away - not sure why they chose to ride so far off the back of Anamoe though - then split second decision to go wide around the turn when it looked like all the slowies were stopping probaly cost it being right in the finish - it happens - SOR/Anamoe could end up full Floating Artist in another world and we are saying great ride by D Lane as VE wins by a couple of lengths eased down.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It was honestly a typical cox plate ride from Lane that has won many CPs. It was only the smarter rides of the first two when the field starting breaking up that made it noticeable. Lane copped it for being to hot on her last week now too cold. #noexcuses for mine she was worse late than the colt and I think the colt beats her again if run tomorrow.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anamoe had his chance and there was no contact in the final 100m.

Anyone going in to bat for an upheld decision is clearly talking from their pocket.

Check out every punting group on Facebook.

Lots of tears from campaigners talking through their pocket. Thank * the stewards had balls to make the correct decision.

Meh, VE wasn't that wide. She was with SOR and Moe on the turn. The other 2 have the better turn of foot and beat her fair and square.

please lol she was much much wider than them. I’m sure if you did one of those lengths covered measures she has covered at least a length more than the first two did

Check out every punting group on Facebook.

Lots of tears from campaigners talking through their pocket. Thank fu** the stewards had balls to make the correct decision.

No doubt plenty of locals disappointed they didn’t chuck out the dirty foreigner too!

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
please lol she was much much wider than them. I’m sure if you did one of those lengths covered measures she has covered at least a length more than the first two did

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good story. Anamoe the easy winner of lengths covered. Nothing to see here.

1635046124659.png

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Lets not let facts get in the way of a good story. Anamoe the easy winner of lengths covered. Nothing to see here.

View attachment 1266867
When the extra distance is covered is the only thing that matters. Anamoe isn’t in the finish if it takes VE’s run. VE is possibly in the finish if it takes Anamoe’s run. Either way though the best horse on the day walked away the winner which is all we can really ask for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back