• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can somebody explain how Betr will survive? Once they stop offering these amazing promos nobody will bet with them. The double stake bonus bet if your horse didn’t win today but placed was absolutely ridiculous. It only happened to me twice but it was bloody nice to see $150 sitting in Bonus Bets in the account after a 2nd and a 3rd. What’s the long term strategy here? They would have done their nuts in today

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Can somebody explain how Betr will survive? Once they stop offering these amazing promos nobody will bet with them. The double stake bonus bet if your horse didn’t win today but placed was absolutely ridiculous. It only happened to me twice but it was bloody nice to see $150 sitting in Bonus Bets in the account after a 2nd and a 3rd. What’s the long term strategy here? They would have done their nuts in today
Why do you think people won't bet with them?

If they make a big enough splash then people will continue betting there

The app is a disaster and most people I know bet with Pointsbet and Sportsbet, will be tough to get people away from those without good promos
Which is why they have good promos....

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal

They're backed by Murdoch money and Tripp expertise. If sites nobody has heard of (Bossbet, Vicbet etc) can survive then given time Betr will carve out a chunk of market share. Say 100,000 people signed up for the 21-1 Anamoe odds that's $21m they've paid out in winnings.

A $21m ad campaign wouldn't buy you enough ad space to get 100,000 people to sign up, especially given nobody would sign up without decent promos to entice them.

A customer acquisition cost of $210 which could have been -$10 (plus whatever 101-1 markets they pay out) is a very reasonable price for a proven model of being a bookie. Overall it may cost them say $35m in promos, but that's a damn cheap price to pay for a database of degenerates. By comparison Sportsbet spent $139m on marketing and sponsorship in 2020, so $35m is pocket change in comparison. It's a sound strategy.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The app is a disaster and most people I know bet with Pointsbet and Sportsbet, will be tough to get people away from those without good promos
I remember when Pointsbet came along and now they are one of the bigger players

Betr is backed by big funding so they will likely make it imo

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Customers will drop off like flies as soon as the over the top promos go. The service is horrendous at the moment. If they want to keep momentum going then id expect promos to continue in the short term at least. They have the money for things to pick up again later once the site and customer service is half usable but it would be a waste to get this massive hit in customers at huge cost and then have it fizzle out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back