WS Cox Plate winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it still come after that? May keep him there for more prestigious races
Arc an option ?

Lol Jesus wept. Has none in an arc. As jug said that was an awful POW and he won a complete boatie off the front where the only other g1 horse in the race missed the boat. He got rolled in the Tatts Cup last start let’s not forget.

He is still going around 10/1+ in Juddmontes etc.

He is as certain to come as you will get with a raider.

Things couldn't have played out any more perfect for them getting that good G1 over there. A weak POW, field of 5 (4 essentially after the Lord North lols) and got to control it from the front where he has the best turn of foot.

Arc is no chance for both class and distance.

Connections had a nibble Incentivise $11 into $7?

Only market he has shortened in. Cant see anyone else having a go apart from those in the know of how the horse is tracking from injury.

Havent heard anything of note about Incent. Kathryn Coleman was on radio just this morning and nothing to really report.

Still lunacy to me that he is a shorter price than SoR. Not sure how you can win the Prince of Wales, signal you will be coming back and the needle not even move.

Havent heard anything of note about Incent. Kathryn Coleman was on radio just this morning and nothing to really report.

Still lunacy to me that he is a shorter price than SoR. Not sure how you can win the Prince of Wales, signal you will be coming back and the needle not even move.

Because unbelievably after a over a decade of getting there heads kicked in repeatedly Australians just cannot get there head around international form.

FWIW regarding the Japanese. MV boys in talks with Panthalassa connections and have booked charter flights to get them here if they decide to come. Yahagi has said they'll make their decision RE Pantha and Stay Foolish post the Takarazuka Kinen this Sunday.

So ideally Pantha runs well but knocks up in the final furlong and Stay Foolish is run off his legs

FWIW regarding the Japanese. MV boys in talks with Panthalassa connections and have booked charter flights to get them here if they decide to come. Yahagi has said they'll make their decision RE Pantha and Stay Foolish post the Takarazuka Kinen this Sunday.

So ideally Pantha runs well but knocks up in the final furlong and Stay Foolish is run off his legs

Watch them go and get flogged in the arc the muppets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to say what I always say and that is all in markets are just bait. They're happy to offer odds when market is at 200%+ and they have a good spread of money for random horses. The fact he doesn't move shows he either a) performed as expected or b) have enough fat in price to leave. Or in the real scenario a bit of both.

Not sure when this board went from discussing actual races to pick the stale antepost prices/pot horses post race but it's worse for it and your pocket.

Also was article on TDN regurgitating the mornings Incentivise interview from what I can gather.

I am going to say what I always say and that is all in markets are just bait. They're happy to offer odds when market is at 200%+ and they have a good spread of money for random horses. The fact he doesn't move shows he either a) performed as expected or b) have enough fat in price to leave. Or in the real scenario a bit of both.

Not sure when this board went from discussing actual races to pick the stale antepost prices/pot horses post race but it's worse for it and your pocket.

Also was article on TDN regurgitating the mornings Incentivise interview from what I can gather.

Futures markets may be set to a worse percentage but they are also soft and slow to move. Completely disagree that they can't be a profitable betting strategy but it's also just a bit of fun to try to identify the right horses to back before the market does

Futures markets may be set to a worse percentage but they are also soft and slow to move. Completely disagree that they can't be a profitable betting strategy but it's also just a bit of fun to try to identify the right horses to back before the market does

Landing a futures winner hits different but there's infinitely better betting options and volume possible at Donald on a monday. I cannot deny they are more enjoyable to land but 6 month wait for a horse that may not run you can have.

I have a rare futures bet but limit myself to age restricted races like derbies and min $30+ off lowly maiden wins.

Landing a futures winner hits different but there's infinitely better betting options and volume possible at Donald on a monday. I cannot deny they are more enjoyable to land but 6 month wait for a horse that may not run you can have.

I have a rare futures bet but limit myself to age restricted races like derbies and min $30+ off lowly maiden wins.

If you are well across the form of Monday racing at Donald then sure. I sure as hell am not though so im much more likely to be able to profit from my limited knowledge on International racing, news and trying to predict the G1 markets. Obviously it might not even turn up in the race but you factor the likelihood of that into the price. Zaaki didnt make it the barriers last year but i have no doubt the $34 about him in June was still +EV

The time vs pay off isn't optimal obviously but the fact its just good fun for 6 months leading into the races easily cancels that part out for me

Cox Plate isn't an all in market, it's pre-noms so refund back if horse not nominated.

Connections had a nibble Incentivise $11 into $7?

Only market he has shortened in. Cant see anyone else having a go apart from those in the know of how the horse is tracking from injury.
Madness at that price when there's a huge risk he ever races again let alone comes back in good order

And with the question mark over Zaakis too bad to be true last run leaves field at mercy of the raiders

Madness at that price when there's a huge risk he ever races again let alone comes back in good order

And with the question mark over Zaakis too bad to be true last run leaves field at mercy of the raiders

Zaaki is still the #2 seed behind SOR.

O’Brien definitely hasn’t confirmed SOR is coming back. It seems likely but no guarantee.

No one else catches the eye this far out either, very underwhelming.

Duias surely goes Caulfield cup.
You’d think Montefilia will go the cups path as well.

Anamoe, no thanks.

O’Brien definitely hasn’t confirmed SOR is coming back. It seems likely but no guarantee.

Anamoe, no thanks.

Duais CP for me. Lack of penalty and easier run to the GF considering weight she'd get in a CC. Montefilia - Cups given the camp would just do that.
Just my feel.

Zaaki overrated since last spring.

Duais CP for me. Lack of penalty and easier run to the GF considering weight she'd get in a CC. Montefilia - Cups given the camp would just do that.
Just my feel.

Zaaki overrated since last spring.

Zaaki five runs since the spring.
Where a lot went wrong, heavy tracks, races postponed by a week.

1st x 2
2nd x 2 - genuine excuses with both those
3rd once - wasn’t great

This is the thing you say he is “overrated” but which Australian stayers have been anywhere near as good the last 6 months?

Anamoe, no thanks.

It's as close to a guarantee as you can get with a raider - he is coming back.

I'd be keen Z if it didn't have that last Brisbane run. Then again perhaps it can be forgiven that one.

Put in a shocker in the Caulfield Stakes and then walked in a Mackinnon off a setback so can easily forgive. It's just whether he is on a downward slope at his age but you will get plenty of time in the Spring to assess that. Can't touch him now at 5.50 though given he was $8 for the QE a similar time out from the race when he was in peak form and clearly our best horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back