WSOP 2018 Main Event

Remove this Banner Ad

So does anyone if they're Labat find a fold there? I like to tell myself I could, but I really couldn't. You just have to call i think fair chance you're up against QQ JJ or maybe AK there

Do ESPN still do their highlights package type coverage of the ME? If so, when is it released?

It has been on for a few hours everyday but its a weird setup

They have sold off the rights to half of it to a paid subscriber service (Pokergo), and they decide which part goes to ESPN

Take todays coverage for example ............

They played for a few hours (started at 26 players) not televised by ESPN, then televised the last 3 hours until they got down to 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poker brat just won his 15th bracelet love him or hate him he’s good for the game is hellmuth

He busted out of the main event holding AQ vs A9, villain hitting a 9 on the river

Was piss funny and on one of the televised feature tables

Hes an arrogant smartass regardless of how good he is, and thinks its funny to belittle everyone

So does anyone if they're Labat find yya fold there? I like to tell myself I could, but I really couldn't. You just have to call i think fair chance you're up against QQ JJ or maybe AK there

Think the adrenaline running would stop you making rational decisions

They have played 100 plus hours of poker over 10 days, crazy stuff

Think the adrenaline running would stop you making rational decisions

They have played 100 plus hours of poker over 10 days, crazy stuff
I'm not faulting the call, I think you just have to call there. Would like to think I could fold in that exact same situation but there's no way I could.

It has been on for a few hours everyday but its a weird setup

They have sold off the rights to half of it to a paid subscriber service (Pokergo), and they decide which part goes to ESPN

Take todays coverage for example ............

They played for a few hours (started at 26 players) not televised by ESPN, then televised the last 3 hours until they got down to 9
That would be the live stream type coverage though right? I'm keen for the highlights....mostly for Norman Chad.

They have been showing between 4 - 6 hours live per day (normal 30 minute delay) on ESPN the rest is on Pokergo (10 - 12 hours total per day)

I dont have Pokergo so have no idea who commentates on their or what the quality is like

Norman is a crackup for sure

Not sure if they will have access to all of the footage to do a highlights package

Would love to see all of the events covered (at least final tables)

So does anyone if they're Labat find a fold there? I like to tell myself I could, but I really couldn't. You just have to call i think fair chance you're up against QQ JJ or maybe AK there
The bloke with aces barely played a hand that whole "unofficial final table" session. Once he re-shoves over an all-in it looks very much like AA but still such a tough fold to make for Labat.
Hopefully Lynskey can get the job done though!

Don't know how long Labat took to call but I definitely would take a moment to think it out. Manion raises 2.5x UTG, Labat smooths in MP, Zhu shoves from the HJ for 41 bigs. Zhu is not in desperate territory yet so it's a big shove. Manion shoves for 69 bigs and now the action is back on you. Of course you're hoping for any two combos of AK/QQ/JJ. I'd be worried about Manion given his stack, that he raised UTG, then 5-bet shoved. I can't fault whatever Labat does, whether he's ahead or behind. The only really bad decision would be to not take your time. Now imagine if that turdburger Kassouf was there talking and talking and talking. This is why he is bad for the game, not because he talks but because he talks when people have a decision to make. The only person who should be able to talk is the person who has the action and only if the pot is heads-up.

Before the hand (10 players left):
1st-Dyer 109.3m (182 bigs)[UTG+2]]
2nd-Labat 51.3m (85) [lojack]
3rd-Manion 44.7m (75) [UTG]
4th-Miles 43.5m (72) [BB]
-------table average 39.4m (65 bigs)
5th-Cynn 37.2m (62) [OTB]
6th-Lynskey 26.3m (43) [SB folds tens]
7th-Zhu 24.8m (41) [hijack]
8th -Cada 23.8m (39) [MP]
9th-Zobian 19.0m (31) [UTG+1]
10th-Metalidi 15.6m (26) [cutoff]

After the hand (9 players left):
1st-Manion 112,775,000 (188 bigs, M=63)
2nd-Dyer 109,175,000 (182 bigs, M=61)
-------table average 43,744,444 (73 bigs, M=24)
3rd-Miles 42,750,000 (71 bigs, M=24)
9th-Labat 8,050,000 (13 bigs, M=4)

If Labat had found a fold:
1st-Dyer 109,175,000 (182 bigs, M=61)
2nd-Manion 69,675,000 (116 bigs, M=39)
3rd-Labat 51,150,000 (85 bigs, M=28)
-------table average 43,744,444 (73 bigs, M=24)
4th-Miles 42,750,000 (71 bigs, M=24)
9th-Zobian 19.0m (31)
10th-Metalidi 15.6m (26)

But if he called, was ahead and held, he'd be not far behind Dyer and both would have >2x Miles in 3rd.

Last edited:
Interesting read.
Labat trying to trap with his kings and not put in a re raise unfortunately blew up in his face I.M.O
He raises to between 4 to 5 million and then gets this insane action behind he probably gives more thought to folding. It's just such a sick spot, I've read a lot of people's opinion online since saying they'd have folded. As I said earlier i could've taken 10 minutes in that spot with the way the betting happened and made the same decision. You fear soneone could potentially have aces but as I said in previous post I think you're also as likely to run into a QQ or AK there as well.

I think a better player 3-bets then folds. What do you put an UTG raiser on that 4-bet over-shoves ~60 bigs? Can only be 3 hands: AA/KK/QQ. Then what do you put Zhu on? He can have AK, maybe AQs but unlikely, or AA/KK/QQ/JJ. It's a sick spot, you hope Manion has QQ and Zhu has QQ/JJ.

I'm reading that Manion almost insta-shoved which I think is lolbad, gives Labat TMI and a chance to make the sick laydown which ultimately he wasn't capable of. Maybe it was a reverse tell that he just wanted a heads-up pot but I wouldn't give too many players that much credit in the moment.

final table starts at 1030 AEST playing down to 6 players