Much better play than the last few years

9 6 3 format didnt work for me either

Miles was pissed that Cynn slow rolled the last hand, that was funny to watch

Enjoyed watching the final table and them headsup

Much better play than the last few years

9 6 3 format didnt work for me either

Miles was pissed that Cynn slow rolled the last hand, that was funny to watch
I’d be pissed as well massive slow roll he’s never folding in that spot

Yeah not sure what he was thinking (apart from how am I gunna spend 8.8 mill), crazy when he started counting out the chips

Other than that they both played really good poker

lol, Joe Cada finishes 5th in the Main Event and is now 1/10 in the $1500 Closer event, $612k up top

Aussie Tristan Wade busted 17th shoving 87ss and getting called by 88 (4.5 to 1 dog)

Last edited:
The heads up was brilliant.

Watched the first 3 hours, then the family revolted and the footy was on.

Kept checking back over the next few hours, and watched the last hour.

Both players were brilliant. It was interesting watching the fatigue set in, and the decision making slow down due to them not wanting to make mistakes.

Totally understandable why Cynn played the last hand slowly.

Glad to see cynn win, thought he was the better player overall in the heads up. And he certainly had the cards to help him throughout the last day.

just watching that sick hand again

have added a little bit to my original review of the hand: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/wsop-2018-main-event.1198879/#post-56740795

Labat was 2/10 before this hand, would have been 3/10 if he folded, was 9/9 after calling and losing. He finished 9th for 1m. Not folding cost him ~$1-2m. I'd say he levelled himself by flatting Manion, if he had put in a 3-bet it would have probably been easier to fold to the 5-bet overshove.

Was good to see Alex insta-fold 10s and with a slight chuckle..

Last edited:
just watching that sick hand again

have added a little bit to my original review of the hand: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/wsop-2018-main-event.1198879/#post-56740795

Labat was 2/10 before this hand, would have been 3/10 if he folded, was 9/9 after calling and losing. He finished 9th for 1m. Not folding cost him ~$1-2m. I'd say he levelled himself by flatting Manion, if he had put in a 3-bet it would have probably been easier to fold to the 5-bet overshove.

Was good to see Alex insta-fold 10s and with a slight chuckle..

I remember watching this series only recently on Foxtel. Was happy John won, he's a pretty likable guy, has fun at the table but is respectful and not a dick. He probably sums up the mathematically and range game that modern poker is, a number of times you see him stopping and saying out loud he needs to calculate the odds of whether to call or not. I don't reckon everyone was doing this a decade ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)