WSOP 2019 Main Event

Remove this Banner Ad

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone watching the livestream on Kayo ?

Hellmuth buys in late before the Day 2 cutoff, donks off 75% of the starting stack on a bluff when called by bloke sitting next to him, then berates him for the next 30 minutes

Funny Stuff

Not watching but I keep updated if I can, Hellmouth must be past it by now.

Not watching but I keep updated if I can, Hellmouth must be past it by now.
He's out

The Grinder busted out too, played a lot of pots, got unlucky on a few, but that's his style I guess, get an early chip lead or go home swinging.

Ivey busted day 1, Negreanu day 2, I've been watching Negreanu's WSOP YouTube Vlogs, pretty good insight into the WSOP from him

Will check to see who's still in it, haven't seen Monday or Tuesday action, I binge watched it on Sunday night and Monday for the Friday-Sunday play, Loni Harwood was going ok then. Matusow tweeted the other day he had 140k, but yeah, will suss it out.

Alright

From a preview Day 4 article I read

Moneymaker, Qui Nguyen and Johnny Chan are all still in it with medium stacks of around 460-700k, the last level from the night before wasn't completed so that will go for over 6 minutes of 3-6k blinds and 6k antes before 2 hours levels starting at 4-8k blinds and 8k antes

Some Norwegian dude has like 2.1m in the chip lead

John Cynn busted out late on Day 3 just before payouts started. He did pretty well to grind his way 2 more days considering he only had 8k at one stage on Day 1 (from what I saw on ESPN), but he got a few double ups and got healthy for a bit.

Matusow tweeted he had 515k left, hopefully he goes deep, we need a few of them extroverted characters to shake it up among the zombies and robots. He's made the final table of the main event twice so he does have the game to grind it out and go deep.

Aussie watch:
  • Warwick Mirzikinian (10th - 1.75M)
  • Daniel 'Son of Joe' Hachem (43rd - 1.303M)
  • Luke Martinelli (50th - 1.25M)
  • Daniel Neilson (303rd - 620K)
  • Michel Bouskila (620th - 316K)
  • Stevan Chew (729th - 223K)
  • Gary Benson (888th - 85K)

Aussie watch:
  • Warwick Mirzikinian (10th - 1.75M)
  • Daniel 'Son of Joe' Hachem (43rd - 1.303M)
  • Luke Martinelli (50th - 1.25M)
  • Daniel Neilson (303rd - 620K)
  • Michel Bouskila (620th - 316K)
  • Stevan Chew (729th - 223K)
  • Gary Benson (888th - 85K)
Yeah I noticed Martinellis name a couple of times

Anyways, this is from about 10 minutes ago

IMG_20190710_114933.png

Antonio Esfandiari and Allen Cunningham are at the same feature table, Esfandiari is running over everyone three betting in position, he has nearly 2m. Cunningham was all in twice, with Aces and Queens, his Aces was against AK, AK flopped a set, but runner runner Broadway saved the day for Cunningham who would've been crippled then, he wasn't so lucky on his queens though a few hands later, up against kings, they held, he had like 129k last time I checked.

Can we get a camera on Mike the mouth if he gets knocked out?

Mike still kicking, got around 700k or something but not much progress at all today, needs some cards to fall his way tomorrow but he's grinding it out at least.

At last count there were 60 players with 2m+

Esfandiari still going strong, think he was 35th for chips or something, Daniel Hachem is up there too.

Martinelli gone, both Scotty and Qui Nguyen gone. Bertrand Grospellier gone, he had well over 1m this morning too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matusow has chipped up 250-300k since late yesterday, he's just cracked a million, Olivier Busquet still hanging around with a short stack.

Hopefully Wazza or Hachem get on a featured table on ESPN today for the Aussie represent. Stevan Chew just busted out.
And Matusow, Busquet and Brunson are all goneski

Esfandiari still going ok though

124 remaining, avg stack 4 mill or so

2 Aussies Left sitting 2nd and 14th in chips

• Warwick Mirzikinian

• Daniel Hachem

61 players left on the dinner break

Esfandiari and Hachem are gone, Wazza is still going strong with 20m in chips, he's our last Aussie hope.

Timothy Su is in the chip lead with 31m.

2 players that I've been extremely impressed with the last few days from featured table play is Sammartino who's still hanging around with short stacks, whereas many others would've busted out by now but he's still grinding away like a champ and the Argentine, Marcelo Cudos. Cudos was relatively short stacked at the start of yesterday's play with around 1m, but he consistently improved his stack as the day went on and had around 3.5-4m from the last time I checked late in the days play, now he's sitting comfortably at 11m. I like his range of play, he's not afraid to defend his blinds with moderate starting hands if the right scenario is there for him so he can see a flop, his post flop play has been excellent from what I've seen, will be rooting for him and Wazza now I think.

Another who caught my eye who has floated in and out of featured tables is The Brazilian, Yuri Dzivielevski. He has floated between a short stack and a medium stack the last few days, but if he can chip up he could do some damage. Negreanu played with him on Day 1B on the feature table and was impressed by his play. He's chipped up a bit more than Sammartino, but his grinding abilities are on display too.

On the flipside

Can't remember if it was on Wednesday or Thursday coverage (Tuesday/Wednesday American), but there was some flog called Garcia playing on the secondary featured table and he had a relatively strong stack at the time of around 3.5m compared to the rest of the guys he was playing against averaging around 1-2m (think only one guy had more on that table around 4m), but he melted the absolute s**t out of me.

Anyways, Garcia's blinds come around after a standard 2 to 2 1/2 time the blind raise and he gets extremely defendable hands in both the BB/SB of IIRC A10 OS and A9 of clubs, his A9 would've been up against QJ or QK or something, yet he threw both of those extremely defendable hands away. I'm thinking to myself, what the hell are you doing? Why are you even playing? There's only been one standard raise, you'll likely go heads up against a smaller stack, have a bloody crack....

Anyways hope he's out now after he woke up with aces or something, shoved and was cracked with something inferior :p, simply disgraceful conservative play imo, it's not like he was short stacked waiting for the right time to shove.

Wowee, Sammartino is on an absolute heater tonight, got up to 21m before just losing a 2m pot

But still, he had only 4m the start of today or something, but now up to 19m, great day for him and potentially a pivotal one, he's a chance for the final table now.

Wazza and Yuri holding ground too.

Hope to see some high level stuff over the weekend to see who wins the thing

Ah bugger, Wazza just busted out

Lost a couple big pots then went all in with deuces into AK with like only 7-8m, ace came on the turn to put him away.

Cudos and Yuri out in 23rd and 28th, didn't see Yuri crash out, but Cudos picked up jacks into AQ, a Queen and a flush draw on the flop came out to all but seal his fate with just a one outer left in the deck. They had good runs

Sammartino is flying from what I last saw, had a really bad day a few days ago, but hung in, grinded away and is paying dividends.

Hossein Ensan won a monster pot earlier to take the chip lead at just over 100m, British kid 3 barrel bluffed with just a T2 suited then a pair of deuces on the turn from the big blind, Ensan had A5 on the button, he flopped two pair and called at every stage. I remember Ensan from an EPT event recently, he played ok in that, showing his worth now though.