WSOP Asia-Pacific just announced, coming to Crown in 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just announced over facebook and www.wsop.com that WSOPAPAC is confirmed coming to Melbourne in April 2013

Probably the biggest thing to happen in Australia pokerwise since Hachem winnin the ME imo

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/big-time-poker-comes-to-melbourne-20120501-1xw3t.html

You guys beat me to it! I'd heard about this but didn't know that Melbourne was going to be the venue. So all the pros will have to make two trips to Melbourne next year.

As a guide:
- 2007 WSOPE: 2.5k HORSE, 5k PLO, 10k NLH Main
- 2008 WSOPE: 1.5k NLH, 2.5k HORSE, 5k PLO, 10k NLH Main
- 2009 WSOPE: 1k NLH, 2.5k PLH/O, 5k PLO, 10k NLH Main
- 2010 WSOPE: 2.5k 6-max NLH, 5k PLO, 1k NLH, 10k NLH H/U, 10k NLH Main
- 2011 WSOPE: 2.5k 6-max NLH, 1k NLH, 5k PLO, 3k NLH S/O, 10k NLH (Split), 1.5k 6-max PLO, 10k NLH Main

So my guess is: 1k-2k NLH, 5k PLO, 10k NLH Main, maybe a 2.5k or 5k 6-max and a H/U or PLH/O.

It's a major concern for the Aussie Millions imo

You always hear younger pros discussing whther it's PCA or AM and why they chose AM. With a WSOP event now in April that doesn't really clash with anything then I think a lot of those people will ditch AM for the PCA and wait for WSOP in April

Could really see a decline in numbers, not many people will make 2 trips to Australia. Only hope is the Aussie Open keeps them here

I wouldnt mind seeing it rotated from here to Macau, but would obviously prefer it to stay in Melbourne

Was thinking last night of the cash game action it would bring. It would easily trump anything the Aussie Millions has done

Think it will go the same way as the WSOPE: 4 years in London, 4 (?) years in Cannes, then Berlin, etc.

So maybe Melbourne (2013-2016), Macau (2017-2020), then Seoul, ...?

Maybe some US pros will again consider moving to Australia for part of the year.

Another alternative: Crown shift the Aussie Millions to either before or after the WSOP, potentially drawing more players to the AM and removes any clash with the PCA.

Downside of shifting the AM is it potentially loses/lessens it's marquee event status (ie. in the shadows of the WSOP).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back