2nds WSU GIANTS - NEAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need to start a #BringBackHand campaign? Not traveling at all well this year.
New coach, a little less depth and less easy beats? Hand was doing a great job though. Good to get some development into another coach and keep Hand in an important development role.

Game is being streamed at the NEAFL site.

Scrappy and lacklustre last quarter. Went down by 13 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked like we're were pretty injury depleted. Commentators were saying it was fair effort with no one on the bench. Saw Flynn and WHE limping pretty badly when going out to shake hands. Not good.

Not sure, but given we're playing the Thunder it will be replayed during the week on NITV - which always televises each Thunder game a couple of times throughout the following week. Not sure exactly when though.
Just a FYI, whilst all Thunder games are still live streamed, NITV no longer covers the Thunder's game each week, they've expanded coverage and mix it up a bit more whilst still airing a majority of Thunder games. Aspley vs. Sydney Uni is this week's TV game. You're scheduled for back-to-back games on NITV against Aspley (Rd 9) and the return clash against the Thunder in Round 10.

Full NITV Schedule available here: http://neafl.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews[year]=2016&tx_ttnews[month]=03&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5606&cHash=3c78c25de1360898ac43de7059d14fce

Whilst fans that missed the game can't watch it on NITV, the match is available to view on youtube.

ukr2bd9.png

D1LWSti.png

Thanks again Grimlock.

Geez, Wilber has dropped right off the pace. Shame to see the raw talent not making it to the next level. Hope he can find the confidence and form to challenge the 22 again soon.

IIRC he got injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only had 17 on the park for the last quarter :eek:- not surprised we went down. Am surprised we got as close as we did.

FWIW part of the reason they kept 17 on the field is due to players coming back from injury and only being allowed to play a certain percentage of game time I believe it was Lloyd & WHE and one other maybe Flynn..E.g With Lloyd he was only allowed to play 70% of the game I think he said...

I know it's sucks, especially for supporters that have a vested interest in the 2nds but they don't care about wins and losses

I love WHE. But these injuries are just putting him further down the list.
Agree. WHE has always shown a great deal of potential, and he always fights his way into the team each year - but then gets small injuries, is out for a couple of weeks, and then has to fight his way back in. Unfortunately, he's not killing it when he's in, and there's a lot of talent in the guys who replace him. Getting harder and harder for him to maintain his spot. 2014 really looked like he'd broken through to be consistent (had a strong season), but his injury in the last pre-season game of 2015 knocked him for 6. I fear that he might seek a trade to what he might think is a less talented list to make it a bit easier for himself.

Agree. WHE has always shown a great deal of potential, and he always fights his way into the team each year - but then gets small injuries, is out for a couple of weeks, and then has to fight his way back in. Unfortunately, he's not killing it when he's in, and there's a lot of talent in the guys who replace him. Getting harder and harder for him to maintain his spot. 2014 really looked like he'd broken through to be consistent (had a strong season), but his injury in the last pre-season game of 2015 knocked him for 6. I fear that he might seek a trade to what he might think is a less talented list to make it a bit easier for himself.

Yeah spot on. It's tough for him as the depth and talent at GWS means it's harder to get your spot back once you go to the bottom of the pile. And truth be told the coaches have looked after him, selecting him quicker than they have others as they know the upside. The same depth and talent probably make trading him a viable option as it assists in continuing to spread the age group which GWS have done so well.

If he were at a Collingwood or similar club, there'd be no problem but just feel with the current situation at GWS if he can't get back in quickly after the injury it could well be to late.

As we arrived a few minutes into the second quarter it was 4:2 to 3:4 our way.

At half time it's 10:4 to 3:6

Matty Flynn looks good. Downie has kicked a couple, Tomlinson excellent. Stewart pretty good. Not too sure about our defence - it wasn't getting down there.

Simpson seeming testing a knee on the sidelines before the hooter blew. Didn't look to be limping too bad though.

As we arrived a few minutes into the second quarter it was 4:2 to 3:4 our way.

At half time it's 10:4 to 3:6

Matty Flynn looks good. Downie has kicked a couple, Tomlinson excellent. Stewart pretty good. Not too sure about our defence - it wasn't getting down there.

Simpson seeming testing a knee on the sidelines before the hooter blew. Didn't look to be limping too bad though.
Is Kennedy playing?

14:8 to 6:9 at three quarter time.

Kennedy pretty good that qtr. Seems to know how to find space, was a little sloppy with a couple of kicks, but pretty good otherwise (though the top up he's been playing, #49 I swear to god is 12, maybe 13 - would only come up to Devon Smith's shoulders)

Finlayson has a beautiful kicking action and has been weighting his kicks to perfection.

Marchbank hobbled off at one point - made it back out there for a bit, but wasn't sighted in the last 8/9 minutes. Maybe done for the day.

Nice dribble from the pocket ridiculous angle goal by number 52 ?? and a pretty nice mark from Tommo who then missed the goal.

Simpson looks like he's not hampered by whatever he was testing.

Other than that - a pretty uninspiring quarter.

Final score 18:10 to 6:11

Marchbank not seen in final qtr limping pretty badly below me now heading to rooms.

Of the top-ups really liked #48 in defence. Really composed. Clear stand out (for me) of the young kids. Also liked 53 and 52, they did some nice things at times.

Senior players to stand out - Tommo was midfield, forward and back, racking them up - does he deserve a recall on the back of it? Not entirely sure. Couple of unfortunate turnovers - but clearly our stand out.

Lloyd looks all right. Couple of nice goals, couple of bullet passes. Nice

Reid looked like he twisted his ankle - wasn't seen again, but walked unassisted off the ground - hopefully not much.

Thought Harry H looked composed and effective when he had the ball. Not a bad third quarter. Kennedy does need to hit targets more, but knows how to find the footy. Tommo too good not to be playing AFL. His disposal and shots on goal the only thing letting him down. Agree with Ichabod, #48 caught the eye in defence. Finally, Finlayson's game was quite good I thought. Has to step up today as the backline leader too, so that would have been an extra strain. Seemed to be marshalling things down back ok. As suggested earlier, it wasn't getting down their too often.

Good to see a big turn out of juniors for the lap of honour just now.

Thought Harry H looked composed and effective when he had the ball. Not a bad third quarter. Kennedy does need to hit targets more, but knows how to find the footy. Tommo too good not to be playing AFL. His disposal and shots on goal the only thing letting him down. Agree with Ichabod, #48 caught the eye in defence. Finally, Finlayson's game was quite good I thought. Has to step up today as the backline leader too, so that would have been an extra strain. Seemed to be marshalling things down back ok. As suggested earlier, it wasn't getting down their too often.

Good to see a big turn out of juniors for the lap of honour just now.
Pretty much agree with that summary.Stewart also looked good from what I saw in the second half.Marchbank was limping at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back