2nds WSU GIANTS - NEAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw whole game.Agree with above posts just too lazy to post first... so thanks ichabod:)..The key thing I got out of the game was that Finlayson and HH dont get flustered.Good attacking talls down back.The question mark will be how they shut down key forwards when they play Afl.Reid wasn't troubled by them.Palmer in for a resting Stevie J for me.Kennedy coming along nicely but wouldn't play him yet.I wish I knew that was Macreadie.Would have watched him like a hawk.

8xHmJbE.png

QCjW5TV.png
Palmer played forward a fair chunk of the game so their good stats

Big win to the Reserves
Unable to find any stats but at least 2 goals to Stewart and Redfern (top up?) and mentions of Palmer Flynn and Simpson getting goals was what I found

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In amongst the positive stories, this is a bit of a downer. Hope his confidence returns soon before Himmelberg and Findlayson outflank him.
He kicked 3.2, thats a decent day out for a big fwd, just doesn't look good by comparison as he isn't a real ball magnet

Saw the last quarter of the Chancellor's Cup - good to get it back from the over-privileged expletive Sydney Uni.

Dev oozed class so he'll be back after the bye. Stewart kicked a lovely goal on the run from the sideline so he'll probably be in Carlton's consideration after tonight.

One new top-up caught the eye. A "B Clarke" according to the NEAFL site. Any Intel?

Saw the last quarter of the Chancellor's Cup - good to get it back from the over-privileged expletive Sydney Uni.

Dev oozed class so he'll be back after the bye. Stewart kicked a lovely goal on the run from the sideline so he'll probably be in Carlton's consideration after tonight.

One new top-up caught the eye. A "B Clarke" according to the NEAFL site. Any Intel?

Brandon is a Kellyville junior. Been in the academy system for 3 or so years and has played in just about all of the NEAFL games this year. A fairly athletic midfielder, ends up playing gap roles for the NEAFL team depending on what listed players are running around, but he has improved noticeably this year, learning off some quality players around him.

18 years old this year, so a potential for us to look at as a rookie list option.

Brandon is a Kellyville junior. Been in the academy system for 3 or so years and has played in just about all of the NEAFL games this year. A fairly athletic midfielder, ends up playing gap roles for the NEAFL team depending on what listed players are running around, but he has improved noticeably this year, learning off some quality players around him.

18 years old this year, so a potential for us to look at as a rookie list option.

Thanks - if we get him and/or Connor Owen-Auburn either as rookies or actually drafted that would be excellent for the area.

Giants
B: Mohr, Marchbank, Maguire
HB: Byrne, Macreadie, McKenna
C: Mutch, Perryman, Owen-Auburn
HF: Lloyd, Flynn, Reid
F: Sproule, Stewart, Hoskin-Elliott
Foll: Simpson, Spargo, Barrett

Int: Kennedy, Himmelberg, Downie, Brander

Giants
B: Mohr, Marchbank, Maguire
HB: Byrne, Macreadie, McKenna
C: Mutch, Perryman, Owen-Auburn
HF: Lloyd, Flynn, Reid
F: Sproule, Stewart, Hoskin-Elliott
Foll: Simpson, Spargo, Barrett

Int: Kennedy, Himmelberg, Downie, Brander

Mutch, Perryman, McCreadie, Sproule, Spargo - worth getting there early to have a look.

No Daniher - first time since round 1.
Also, no Finlayson who I haven't seen on any injury list. Wonder what's up there.

Mutch, Perryman, McCreadie, Sproule, Spargo - worth getting there early to have a look.
Also, no Finlayson who I haven't seen on any injury list. Wonder what's up there.
And Brander. Having a look at how the next crop go. And two of the one after that. So, just Setterfield missing from the academy targets of 2016.
Hmmm, hopefully nothing much, maybe just managing a slight issue? Downie went missing in pre-season and then just reappeared without explanation or seeming concern.

Just got here for the 3rd quarter. All the Academy boys doing some good things (we're leading 81 - 36), without necessarily setting the world on fire.

Marchbank making sure he's in the forefront of selectors' minds for next week and Collingwood's mind at trade time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back