2nds WSU GIANTS - NEAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Sproule going?

Missed a reasonably easy set shot 25 out, 30 degree angle, then about three minutes later snapped one around the body from just on fifty in traffic from a greater angle.

Took a couple of nice marks, played well. Thought the stand out top up was Perryman, though liked all our guys, they all did something nice and none of them screwed up to badly.

yGOaUtO.png

tUoyVK5.png

Stewart and Lloyd looking like the standouts from the stats but for those at the game would that sound right?
Also would be interested to see how much game time Marchbank had?
No Mohr as well, Holding him back another week hopefully

Stewart and Lloyd looking like the standouts from the stats but for those at the game would that sound right?
Also would be interested to see how much game time Marchbank had?
No Mohr as well, Holding him back another week hopefully

I only saw the second half, but from what I saw Stewart was ok, but not screaming "pick me, pick me". Lloyd just went about racking up possessions and using it well. Very composed. Don't see him pushing his way in barring injuries, but I'm glad he's there. Good young player with what seems to be a good head on him. Bullet passes it like Wilson.

Not sure about the game time for Marchbank, didn't seem to spend extended times off or on that I noticed. Did a couple of things Danny Frawley would be [euphamism] his pants over with the golden fist. One of his spoils ended up on the concourse up near the bar, and another one came close....BANG!!!!

Harry Macreadie & Connor Byrne in the bests. And Connor Owen-Auburn with a pretty reasonable game if the stats reflect reality. Very interesting.
And Matty Flynn as Giants' best - presumably played forward with occasional ruck relief to get 4 goals. Have to be happy if he can develop his rucking ability and be able to play forward & kick goals.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2016-07-18/flynn-flies-high-in-neafl-loss
Sounds like a raft of injuries explains the loss
Palmer with a calf in the warm up and no options for a fill in although not sure on the rules in the neafl
I am surprised that Mohr is still on the injured list as i thought he was good to go last week and WHE must have stubbed a toe at training during the week, unlucky guy as he has the talent just needs to get his body right

B: O'Riordan, Hebron, Baron-Hay
HB: Newman, Richards, Murray
C: Hiscox, Veale, McGlynn
HF: Hardman, Cooper, Wilson
F: Davis, Rose, Robertson
Foll: Galloway, Jack, Marsh

Int: Deep, Bartholomaeus, Nankervis, Brown, Reinhard
Emg: Carr

B: Mohr, Finlayson, Buntine
HB: Bance, Macreadie, Shipley
C: Byrne, Carroll, Owen-Auburn
HF: Paech, Cumming, Meline
F: Highmore, Flynn, Whitfield
Foll: Simpson, McKenna, Hoskin-Elliott

Int: Reid, Barrett, Himmelberg, Wilson, Kennedy, Stewart, Scully
Emg: Powell, Clark, Fisher

Once you take out 5 Giants from that interchange bench (4 to play Port Adelaide and 1 traveling emergency) then it's 11 listed Swans v 10 listed Giants. Will be close!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see WHE back. I know we've discussed him in previous posts but if he can get his body right he's a genuine point of difference for the firsts. Unfortunately the club depth and draft picks next year could force him out and the best of his career spent at another club.

H
Good to see WHE back. I know we've discussed him in previous posts but if he can get his body right he's a genuine point of difference for the firsts. Unfortunately the club depth and draft picks next year could force him out and the best of his career spent at another club.
Hes contracted for next year so he will only be leaving if it's to our advantage next year in a trade.Only other reason would be if we need to clear cap room to chase a player from another club.I Would also think the club would like to get a fit WHE into the team in preference to Reid.Should get another chance this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back