WSU Giants NEAFL 2019 | BigFooty

WSU Giants NEAFL 2019

Discussion in 'GWS Giants' started by fridgeman, Dec 1, 2018.

1. fridgeman

fridgeman Club Legend

GWS
    Fixture is out for the season
    http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/footbal...r&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=NEAFLFixture

No changes to the structure with 4 games v the other AFL reserves teams and then one v the other 6, 7 games at the Showgrounds with all of them as curtain raisers and then byes in reds 6, 12 and 19

With a good injury run hopefully the club can secure a place in the finals after 2 years (?) not qualifying, the club really needs to ensure more continuity with the playing group in order to achieve this and hopefully several of the consistent performers from this years academy squad stick around as overagers and can provide that option. Also if this years draftees can have good pre seasons some of them should be able to impact immediately imo

Although only 2 extra list spots were given to the Suns that combined with the adding of experienced depth players I can see them having a good season but again most teams with a good injury run will have claims to be in the finals

At this stage I can see the mainstays of the NEAFL team being Stein/Keefe/Shipley/Sproule and J + D Buckley then Hill/Idun and Brown from this years draftees and the rest I think will be chances for runs of games in the AFL

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. dlanod

dlanod Moderator

Brisbane Lions
    Other Teams:
    GWS; CCMariners; NQCowboys; Ravens
    GCS doesn't have any extra list spots - they just got to prelist three mature age players who took normal senior list spots.

Giant Strides likes this.