2nds WSU Giants NEAFL 2019

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Hately going wild as we already know but O'Hallaran, Flynn and Green surprisingly good too today. Peatling with some blistering dash off HB which was fantastic to see.
Screenshot_20190601-113012_NEAFL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Final stats - hately looked like he was being tagged by brodie after HT. O'Hallaran also burnt out. Shipley moves very classy and think he can be quite good. Loaded up on his stats at the end of the game when they were playing conservatively. Tom Green surprisingly consistent over the 4 quarters for an underager. Very promising from the youngster. I feel we should have picked up Peatling in the mid-season draft. Looks very creative off HB and would learn alot off shaw, whitfield and williams.
Screenshot_20190601-124741_NEAFL.jpg

Muffasa

Debutant
Jun 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Final stats - hately looked like he was being tagged by brodie after HT. O'Hallaran also burnt out. Shipley moves very classy and think he can be quite good. Loaded up on his stats at the end of the game when they were playing conservatively. Tom Green surprisingly consistent over the 4 quarters for an underager. Very promising from the youngster. I feel we should have picked up Peatling in the mid-season draft. Looks very creative off HB and would learn alot off shaw, whitfield and williams.

Green started every qrt on the bench (played about 2/3 game time) will end up the best mid in time. Interesting to see where the Giants see him in the draft and what is the pick they won’t match a bid.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Green started every qrt on the bench (played about 2/3 game time) will end up the best mid in time. Interesting to see where the Giants see him in the draft and what is the pick they won’t match a bid.
Id be keen to match anything on him if we cant move up the draft order. Personally feel Rowell is the pick of the bunch and I strongly feel we should trade up to get pick 2. If adelaide wants to take Green at pick 1, would be more than pleased to take Rowell at 2. Consistent gamechanger with extreme acceleration and endurance. Something we dont have. We could then hope to entice Green back later down the line if the opportunity arises.

I feel we should have picked up Peatling in the mid-season draft. Looks very creative off HB and would learn alot off shaw, whitfield and williams.
Academy kids (and I believe Peatling has returned as a 19 year old, but could be wrong) couldn't be taken in the midseason draft at all, even by the club they're linked to.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Academy kids (and I believe Peatling has returned as a 19 year old, but could be wrong) couldn't be taken in the midseason draft at all, even by the club they're linked to.
In that case, would be keen to take him late draft or as a rookie. Good creativity and run and willing to take the game on. Not as strong or defensive-minded, but gives me Saad-like vibes.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Plenty of strong performances today and the tackle count of 92-75 will impress the coaches and some strong performances from the academy players is pleasing and hopefully we can see a couple of rookies added at the end of the year
Another derby next sunday will be another challenge and hopefully a couple of players are back playing as they will be needed for the Swans game

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
18 listed players and Ed Perryman seems to be a fixture in the NEAFL side which is good for the continuity and a good chance to roll the Swans with 13 listed players
Shipley, Hately and Bonar should be too good around the contest and hopefully Simpson and Flynn can limit Cameron in the ruck

B: 32. K Briggs 43. D Buckley 46. C Brown
HB: 44. J Buckley 49. C Edwards 21. M Buntine
C: 53. H Grant 39. C Idun 37. I Hill
HF: 17. Z Langdon 33. X O'Halloran 42. J Stein
F: 45. J Peatling 48. J Reed 47. E Perryman
R: 30. M Flynn 34. N Shipley 26. D Simpson
Int: 10. A Bonar 9. J Hately 25. L Keeffe 38. D Lloyd 52. L Squire

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-06-10/giants-cement-top-four-spot-with-win-over-rivals

Great to get a win over the Swans even at reserves level and sweeter after the run of wins they have had and hopefully the team is building into the back half of the season and finals are on the radar. J Buckley seems to be over his injuries of last year so hopefully he can prove to be an AFL player with what looks to have been his best game of the year
No other real standouts and hopefully Bonar is ok for the trip north after a head knock, I am still confident he will play a few games at AFL level this year and his toughness will be suited for some of those games

Nice to finally conquer the Swans in a good win at Blacktown

http://neafl.com.au/news/giantsbreakdroughtagainstswansin

Hately highest DT number for Giants with 120 and seemingly plenty of other good contributors across the ground.

Bonar's stats very modest again unfortunately :(

Not sure on Bonars game time but a head knock would explain the stats

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Coaches votes and I think it reflects that none of the Giants really had high impact games it was more spread over the park to get the win

7: Sam Wicks (Sydney)
6: James Rowbottom (Sydney)
5: Jackson Hately (GIANTS)
5: Jack Buckley (GIANTS)
3: Lachlan Keeffe (GIANTS)
2: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)
1: Zac Langdon (GIANTS)
1: Dawson Simpson (GIANTS)

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Team for the trip to Qld with a few outs for listed players likely to be 9-11 this will be a tough game

B: 32. K Briggs 44. J Buckley 46. C Brown
HB: 54. L Delahunty 40. K Flack 49. C Edwards
C: 43. S Frost 42. J Green 53. H Grant
HF: 37. I Hill 56. J Moen 39. C Idun
F: 51. W Mudge 47. E Perryman 45. J Peatling
R: 30. M Flynn 34. N Shipley 52. L Squire
Int (from): 21. M Buntine 16. B Daniels 4. T Greene 9. J Hately 17. Z Langdon 38. D Lloyd 50. S Reid 26. D Simpson

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Stein's stats don't scream pick me, wish him a great debut though.
The real disapointment in the numbers though is Bonar, I'd expect him to be a level above NEAFL by now rather than wallowing in the bottom half, anyone know if it was TOG or role related?

Concussion last week for abonar but I think he has had some things to work on in his game this year and it looks like they are playing him mostly inside at NEAFL level and I don’t think he has the outside game to play there at afl but I am sure he will get some opportunities in the second half of the year

Back