2nds WSU Giants NEAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we are developing Briggs appropriately. He’s getting very little ruck time. Other clubs will be trying to lure him without a doubt.
Annoys me no end that Dawson is blunting the development of both Flynn and Briggs

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good for the boys to get the win with the amount of listed players in the team and a few quiet performances and they could have been overrun in the last after a 4 goal run but they hung in and the bye comes at a good time for the team
Lloyd and Langdon were strong and supported by Hately from the stats and I think Flynn had a good game, several players should be back and available for selection for the next game in a fortnight which is a friday night at henson park

http://neafl.com.au/news/redland-falls-short-of-epic-comeback-as-giants-get-home-in-a-thr-111203

I hope to see Flynn in the AFL this year but I think due to the form of the 3 talls he hasnt been able to break into the side and also due to the fitness of Mumford and Simpson, before the season I thought Flynn would get up to 5 games but now I am just thinking a debut at the end of the season but the Patton comeback will impact this although he should be ready after 60+ neafl games. Briggs I think is still developing and building his strength and it will be interesting to see the development of him in the off season

9kScXhC.png

nfk2vKp.png

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Coaches votes, Langdon screaming out to be selected

10: Zac Langdon (GIANTS)
8: Clay Cameron (Redland)
5: Hayden Bertoli-Simmonds (Redland)
3: Daniel Lloyd (GIANTS)
2: Jackson Hately (GIANTS)
1: Nick Shipley (GIANTS)
1: Matthew Flynn (GIANTS)

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Friday night game so hoping they can get some redemption after the seniors loss and I can see a win if they are not complacent with strength around the contest and too much height in the forward 50, hoping Bonar can find the ball and impact the contest and with Shipley next too him they should prove too strong imo
14 listed players and plenty of experience around the ground

B: 48. D Beavan 32. K Briggs 10. A Bonar
HB: 46. C Brown 13. I Cumming 44. J Buckley
C: 49. C Edwards 53. H Grant 45. K Flack
HF: 54. J Green 38. D Lloyd 39. C Idun
F: 51. W Mudge 11. T Sheridan 47. E Perryman
R: 30. M Flynn 34. N Shipley 52. L Squire
Int: 21. M Buntine 37. I Hill 26. D Simpson 42. J Stein

Friday night game so hoping they can get some redemption after the seniors loss and I can see a win if they are not complacent with strength around the contest and too much height in the forward 50, hoping Bonar can find the ball and impact the contest and with Shipley next too him they should prove too strong imo
14 listed players and plenty of experience around the ground

B: 48. D Beavan 32. K Briggs 10. A Bonar
HB: 46. C Brown 13. I Cumming 44. J Buckley
C: 49. C Edwards 53. H Grant 45. K Flack
HF: 54. J Green 38. D Lloyd 39. C Idun
F: 51. W Mudge 11. T Sheridan 47. E Perryman
R: 30. M Flynn 34. N Shipley 52. L Squire
Int: 21. M Buntine 37. I Hill 26. D Simpson 42. J Stein
Wow, don't tell me they are letting Flynn pplay 1st ruck????????

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
They tried to lose this one with some inaccurate kicking and the umps also tried to give the win to Sydney uni but a goal at the end to Ian hill for the win
7.14 56 8.6 54
Free kick count
Absolute ruck dominance with 102-35 hit outs although not sure how many would have been to advantage and the opposition ruck Tagliabue is a good size at 206 and it just boosted the SC/Fantasy numbers for Flynn and Simpson and it must have been a tough game with the Giants laying over 100 tackles with Bonar and Lloyd with 13 each, Shipley and Cumming the others with good numbers

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I would guess managed minutes for Sheridan after around 12 weeks out of the game and hope it is not an injury for either player
Game report up and I think Flynn was the BOG with several contested marks around the ground and after a slow start to the year he is showing signs of progress although I dont think he is ready for a game as solo ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
A few injuries from last weeks game has weakened the reserves and it will be a very tough for the reserves to get the win, should be 12 listed players v what could be 22 listed players for the Lions
Hoping Bonar plays well to put his hand up for selection over the next few weeks and that the injuries are nothing too serious to Cumming and J Buckley

B: 35. D Addison 10. A Bonar 44. M Belbasis
HB: 32. K Briggs 21. M Buntine 46. C Brown
C: 5. J Caldwell 47. K Flack 49. C Edwards
HF: 53. H Grant 43. J Moen 38. D Lloyd
F: 51. W Mudge 45. J Peatling 54. N Murray
R: 39. C Idun 34. N Shipley 52. L Squire
Int (from): 16. B Daniels 48. A Dunkley 30. M Flynn 9. J Hately 37. I Hill 40. A Kennedy 26. D Simpson 42. J Stein 6. L Whitfield

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Tough game for the players with a stacked Lions side with 20 listed players and that showed although it could have been worse so well played to Buntine and Stein down back and good to see a couple of academy players stand out in the overagers Murray and Peatling
Trip to Darwin this weekend so hopefully a few of the listed players get up from the injuries they have and they can get a win v bottom of the table NT

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Good win for the reserves and the mids are where the games are being won and some of the players are showing good signs of improvement
Green only the 13 touches but I think he will be pushed out of the midfield by the listed players
Great to see Sproule back in and kicking goals

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Team for the weekend with 12 listed players and being at GS I see the team being too strong again with the midfield of Hately, Caldwell, Shipley and Bonar dominating and Green spending some time in the middle as well will be good to see

B: 10. A Bonar 46. C Brown 32. K Briggs
HB: 43. D Buckley 5. J Caldwell 21. M Buntine
C: 54. L Delahunty 53. H Grant 49. K Flack
HF: 48. T Green 39. C Idun 9. J Hately
F: 40. A Kennedy 51. W Mudge 47. M McGrory
R: 25. L Keeffe 45. J Peatling 44. J Rowston
Int: 50. J Moen 34. N Shipley 28. Z Sproule 52. L Squire

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Disappointing result for the reserves and not what I expected but with 10 listed players and losing Keefe yesterday it left the team short in the backs and then Kennedy going off at half time and not sure what the issue was with Buntine but hoping it was not an injury
It looks to be an impressive game from Briggs and Hately, Caldwell and Shipley strong in the midfield and Green seeing a bit more ball than last week. Bonar again a low stat game apart form tackles so maybe he is still working on his defensive game but he is averaging 6 tackles a game
Well played to Aspley and hopefully the team bounces back and gets some players back for the trip to the Gold Coast who only fielded 9 listed players, one of Keefe or Stein should be back in and maybe 1 of the Buckleys which should strengthen up the side

Review of the game up

Last edited:

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

No mention of the injury to Buntine so we will wait for the injury report to come out to see what happened, the standouts sound like as expected Briggs, Caldwell, Hately and Shipley and by the sounds of it Idun played as key defender on a much bigger and experienced player so well done to him and a learning game

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels

No mention of the injury to Buntine so we will wait for the injury report to come out to see what happened, the standouts sound like as expected Briggs, Caldwell, Hately and Shipley and by the sounds of it Idun played as key defender on a much bigger and experienced player so well done to him and a learning game
Really strange report from the club. How can you talk about two senior players being ruled out by HT and not mention what happened to them??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back