2nds WSU Giants NEAFL 2019

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Tough trip due to only the 10 listed players for the trip to the GC but several of the regular academy players will hopefully mean some better communication at the game and I think with Keefe and Stein in the backline it strengthens that part of the field and will allow the mids more freedom but it will be a tough task to get the 4 points and get closer to a finals spot. Good to see Sheridan back and hopefully he can get through the game unscathed. They will likely lose one of the emergencies for the trip to Adelaide and the Suns with about the same in listed numbers, Briggs v Nicholls will be a tough test for the youngster and interesting to see how he goes

B: 10. A Bonar 5. J Caldwell 46. C Brown
HB: 41. L Conlan 48. A Dunkley 54. L Delahunty
C: 49. K Flack 39. C Idun 53. H Grant
HF: 25. L Keeffe 47. M McGrory 44. J Kelly
F: 51. W Mudge 35. B Myers 55. N Murray
R: 32. K Briggs 43. E Perryman 42. J Stein
Int: 45. J Peatling 11. T Sheridan 34. N Shipley 28. Z Sproule 52. L Squire

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Tough day with barely any listed players in our line-up. 48-7 in GCS favour after the first quarter. Defence has had pretty much no structure in the absence of Keefe, Stein and Buntine. Only Brown and Idun holding up the fort. Most of the junior players losing their feet chasing the gold coast opposition making it tough to compete. Our midfield of Caldwell (tagged) and Shipley not competing well against the experienced bodies of Horlin-Smith, Murdoch, Swallow, Bowes and Schoenfeld, but rightly so. No Bonar this week, who flew up with the seniors, hurts in this department. Briggs a shining light for me with his leap and follow-up work in the ruck - once he builds his tank, should take the mantle of being our number 1 ruck over Flynn in my opinion. Very Grundy-esque the way he jumps and attacks the ball. Peatling good with his dash and hope we pick him up as a late pick or rookie. Sproule struggling with no delivery into the forward 50 and Sheridan unsighted at the moment.

Edit: Sheridan now in for the 2nd quarter with a great assist for goal. Tag on Caldwell seemingly lifted momentarily.

Last edited:

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
HT stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190728-132925_NEAFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190728-132925_NEAFL.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20190728-132846_NEAFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190728-132846_NEAFL.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 135

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Not many positives from a big loss but good to see Sheridan back and hopefully no injuries from the game and I am sure they would have learnt a few things from the game and some opportunites for the academy players to spend more time in more important roles and hoping to see Murray, Delahunty and Peatling play out the season to give them every opportunity to end up on the list next year and I can see J Buckley and Buntine plauing for a spot on the list in 2020 of they get back but I think both Buckleys are gone with one not needed with the small forwards on the list and both not having bodies up to the rigours of professional AFL IMO
Hoping to see a few more listed players for the sydney derby with the 3 above not on the injury list and then Corr and O'Halloran due back it hopefully Patton can get a run or we may not even see him this year as they have the bye after and then only 2 games after that, I would expect something in the injury report tomorrow if he is to play

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Another severley depleted line up with only 9 listed players and no sign of the 3 not listed on the injury report for the 3rd or 4th week v 12 listed players for the Swans. Tough to see them getting the win but it will be interesting to see Murray and Delahunty from the Academy play

B: 48. Z Barzen 51. R Bice 52. L Squire
HB: 10. A Bonar 5. J Caldwell 46. C Brown
C: 43. W Chandler 35. L Delahunty 55. L Conlan
HF: 45. J Gaynor 39. C Idun 53. H Grant
F: 44. J Kelly 47. M McGrory 40. A Kennedy
R: 32. K Briggs 54. N Murray 30. B Morton
Int: 12. N Cooper 49. E Perryman 11. T Sheridan 34. N Shipley 28. Z Sproule

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Great win for the boys! Didnt see the Briggs injury - was it serious looking? Did Sheridan get managed in the last quarter or was he injured? Stats didnt change after 3/4 time.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Surprised by the result and a massive performance by Shipley which is what he wants to be doing most weeks to show he deserves an opportunity in AFL, some good performances by the academy players with 4 in the bests and I hope they are rewarded with rookie spots at the end of the year, Murray I think but it depends on if the club rates him for the main list or rookie over as he may be bid on
And good to see Sheridan get through a game and hopefully he stays injury free for the rest of the year as he may be a chance to come back in. Hopefully Caldwell was held over as an emergency as I can see a debut for him in the suns game and possibly Sproule and then Shipley to come in for a game before the end of the regular season as well
With the bye this week several players should be available for the lions game which will be a big test for them and some players will be on last chances to stay on the list in 2020

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Another rising star from the Academy making it 4 for the year with Peatling, Green, Grant and now Squire being nominated and then also Pollock from last years Academy age being nominated for Canberra and Connor Owen Auburn the year before and although many will not make it onto the list it highlights the work done by the Academys and will strengthen the NEAFL comp

Back