2nds WSU Giants NEAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Draw for season 2020

Hopefully a good run with injuries means they have an average of 15 listed players on the park and there should be plenty of opportunities for the 1st and 2nd year players as well as the over agers to have time in different positions

Sproule and Riccardi will be good for the team with both needing strong defenders and Keefe and Stein down back it looks to have the right amount of experience over the field

1Saturday 4th AprilCanberra DemonsPhilip Oval12:00pm
2Friday 10th AprilBrisbaneSPSC12:00pm
3Saturday 18th AprilSydney SwansBISP12:00pm
4Sunday 26th AprilGC SunsBISP12:00pm
5Saturday 2nd MayAspleyGraham Road12:00pm
6Saturday 9th MaySydney UniGIANTS Stadium3:45pm
7Saturday 16th MayBrisbaneGIANTS Stadium12:55pm
8BYE
9Saturday 30th MaySydney SwansGIANTS Stadium12:55pm
10Saturday 6th JuneGold Coast SunsMetricon Stadium11:50am
11Saturday 13th JuneBrisbaneMaroochydore11:30am
12BYE
13Saturday 27th JuneSydney SwansGIANTS Stadium3:45pm
14Sunday 5th JulyGold Coast SunsMetricon Stadium9:35am
15Saturday 11th JulySouthportGIANTS Stadium12:55pm
16Saturday 18th JulyCanberra DemonsPhilip Oval12:00pm
17Saturday 25th JulySydney SwansGIANTS Stadium1:30pm
18Saturday 1st AugustBrisbane LionsBISP12:00pm
19BYE
20Saturday 15th AugustRedlandsGIANTS Stadium12:55pm
21Saturday 22nd AugustGold Coast SunsBISP10:00am

And a list of the over agers for season 2020

Cameron Edwards12/03/2001176cm78kgEast Coast Eagles
Kane Flack24/06/2001180cm76kgNorth Wagga
Harry Grant03/07/2001173cm79kgQueanbeyan Tigers
Lachlan Squire25/07/2001183cm87kgQueanbeyan Tigers
Matthew McGrory23/08/2001189cm80kgGungahlin Jets
Wilson Mudge15/03/2001180cm78kgSt George Dragons

Saturday, March 7
GIANTS v Canberra at Tom Wills Oval, 1pm

1st pre season hit out for this team and I am sure a few of the academy players will get some game time and not sure if any posters will be at the ground so hopefully the club puts up some info shortly after the game

Saturday, March 7
GIANTS v Canberra at Tom Wills Oval, 1pm

1st pre season hit out for this team and I am sure a few of the academy players will get some game time and not sure if any posters will be at the ground so hopefully the club puts up some info shortly after the game
Any live streams for this match?

And Ohallaron is out with an ankle injury for the rest of the match

Big win for the NEAFL team and it will be interesting to see the names on the team sheet and who had the big numbers in the mids

And Ohallaron is out with an ankle injury for the rest of the match

Were you at the game Ppollen?
If you were and thanks for any reports
Keefe and Stein down back?
Who seemed to be getting the big numbers in the midfield?

Final
Big win for the NEAFL team and it will be interesting to see the names on the team sheet and who had the big numbers in the mids

Were you at the game Ppollen?
If you were and thanks for any reports
Keefe and Stein down back?
Who seemed to be getting the big numbers in the midfield?

I was. Keefe was down back. I didn't see Stein at all. Reid, Idun and Brown were all playing back. Brown seemed to look pretty comfortable running with the ball. Made a few nice kicks too.

Caldwell and Shipley dominated in the mids. And Briggs looked like he wiped the floor with the ruck from Canberra, he seemed to have most if the centre bounces with Mummy forward at times.

There were alot of academy kids I didn't really recognise other than the listed ones. Josh Green wasn't there either.

Buckley and Riccardi dominated. Riccardi I thought was better all round, he looks a chance to get a game this year I reckon. Hutchesson was alright I didn't notice him too much though. Hill was out with groin pain apparently.

Sproule and Ohallaron went down pretty early in the game so didn't see much of them unfortunately.

Was a very giants dominant game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final

I was. Keefe was down back. I didn't see Stein at all. Reid, Idun and Brown were all playing back. Brown seemed to look pretty comfortable running with the ball. Made a few nice kicks too.

Caldwell and Shipley dominated in the mids. And Briggs looked like he wiped the floor with the ruck from Canberra, he seemed to have most if the centre bounces with Mummy forward at times.

There were alot of academy kids I didn't really recognise other than the listed ones. Josh Green wasn't there either.

Buckley and Riccardi dominated. Riccardi I thought was better all round, he looks a chance to get a game this year I reckon. Hutchesson was alright I didn't notice him too much though. Hill was out with groin pain apparently.

Sproule and Ohallaron went down pretty early in the game so didn't see much of them unfortunately.

Was a very giants dominant game!
I'm hungry for pre season info
Would love as much information as you have on our guys near selection. (I appreciate what you have provided already)
Been looking for a write up, we have so much depth this year.
Caldwell you said dominated (great), involved in the scoring, carved up inside, look classy? Hopefully all of that.
Great to hear Briggs killed it as well. Hopefully he will be cherry ripe by the time Jacobs is finished.

write up on the game from Saturday and interesting that it sounds like Buckley played up forward from the beginning after the last few years playing as a winger
Praised the mids in Caldwell, Shipley and Briggs for winning the ball and then no real mention of the injuries to Sproule and O’Halloran but I am assuming the club will do a Tuesday injury update

I'm hungry for pre season info
Would love as much information as you have on our guys near selection. (I appreciate what you have provided already)
Been looking for a write up, we have so much depth this year.
Caldwell you said dominated (great), involved in the scoring, carved up inside, look classy? Hopefully all of that.
Great to hear Briggs killed it as well. Hopefully he will be cherry ripe by the time Jacobs is finished.

Think the Giants write up might satisfy you then.

I would add that Buckley looked the part on the weekend. It was obvious he was putting in the work over the off season, he's looking massive compared to last year.

Riccardi just looked in control and took a lot of excellent contested marks, he'll be pushing for a game this year, Finlayson could be in trouble.

I liked Caldwell's full game effort, he hasn't seemed to have a game like he did on the weekend. He was really aggressive on-ball.

Shipley on the wing I thought had good service from Briggs and Caldwell and i thought had a major impact moving the ball forward. For me was BOG. All round there was great ball movement led by Shipley and Caldwell.

Get excited, our depth is solid this year.

Sproule I'm pretty sure did an MCL to the opposite knee to last year. Will be out 8 weeks.

Think the Giants write up might satisfy you then.

I would add that Buckley looked the part on the weekend. It was obvious he was putting in the work over the off season, he's looking massive compared to last year.

Riccardi just looked in control and took a lot of excellent contested marks, he'll be pushing for a game this year, Finlayson could be in trouble.

I liked Caldwell's full game effort, he hasn't seemed to have a game like he did on the weekend. He was really aggressive on-ball.

Shipley on the wing I thought had good service from Briggs and Caldwell and i thought had a major impact moving the ball forward. For me was BOG. All round there was great ball movement led by Shipley and Caldwell.

Get excited, our depth is solid this year.

Sproule I'm pretty sure did an MCL to the opposite knee to last year. Will be out 8 weeks.

thanks for the write up and hoping it isn’t bad for Sproule as he will be a great combination forward with Riccardi and both will hopefully push for game time this year

thanks for the write up and hoping it isn’t bad for Sproule as he will be a great combination forward with Riccardi and both will hopefully push for game time this year
Looking forward to the intra club match Saturday and seeing what Riccardi can do with 1 of the key backs on him

Wonder if Caldwell is still in the mix given he missed selection last week, yet dominated in the seconds
You'd hope he would be in the conversation most weeks, but we're pretty stacked for options, so I don't expect he'll make the team. While I would like him to get first grade time - I think in the long run he could be that optimal inside/outside mix, and I don't want to lose him in the near term from stewing in second grade - I also don't want him to get an easy ride into the team if he's not exceeding what the other contenders are delivering. I want him to have to take stock and deliver more.

Wonder if Caldwell is still in the mix given he missed selection last week, yet dominated in the seconds

I’d be very surprised if he was in the mix for round 1 given he missed out on the weekend. Sam Reid in the same boat.

We played 24 on the weekend with Williams (?) and Davis to come back in. That Would mean 5 from the weekend would have to miss out for Caldwell to squeeze in.

Decisions could be something along these lines:
Buntine for Davis
1 of Daniels/Lloyd/Langdon
1 of Cumming/Ash/Kennedy
1 of Hately/Green

Given the number of defenders in the side Kennedy could be competing against Green and Hately in the midfield.

I thought Cumming probably pushed himself Ash and Daniels/Lloyd hold off Langdon as small forwards with runs on the board last year (just). I think Langdon needed to do a little more against the tigers to force himself ahead of the other two.

I’d be very surprised if he was in the mix for round 1 given he missed out on the weekend. Sam Reid in the same boat.

We played 24 on the weekend with Williams (?) and Davis to come back in. That Would mean 5 from the weekend would have to miss out for Caldwell to squeeze in.

Decisions could be something along these lines:
Buntine for Davis
1 of Daniels/Lloyd/Langdon
1 of Cumming/Ash/Kennedy
1 of Hately/Green

Given the number of defenders in the side Kennedy could be competing against Green and Hately in the midfield.

I thought Cumming probably pushed himself Ash and Daniels/Lloyd hold off Langdon as small forwards with runs on the board last year (just). I think Langdon needed to do a little more against the tigers to force himself ahead of the other two.
I suspect you are correct. I d tip Lloyd to miss and Langdon to get that spot.
F

Would be interesting to see if Giants follow suit

If each team has to field a reserves team which they have spoken about before, wouldn't see a need to cut list sizes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back