Western Sydney Wanderers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2006
NSW
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester City, Western Sydney W
Really enjoying the success of the team :D I am from Western Sydney and the way the club has embraced the community has been great.

They really got out there and got the community involed in coming up with a name and jersey etc.

The last 2 wins have been fantastic :D

very proud to be a foundation member

wanderomper1_flags_zps448cf2e5.jpg~original

This is a test. been havin some problems with photobucket.
disregard.

Congrats to the Wanderers who have now Sold Out there memberships with only Club Support and Out Of Town memberships available for Season 2013/14 with 15,500 seats sold at Parramatta.

Congrats to the Wanderers who have now Sold Out there memberships with only Club Support and Out Of Town memberships available for Season 2013/14 with 15,500 seats sold at Parramatta.

yep good stuff!! lets hope they can sustain the support now. we all know how fickle Sydney can be.

I reckon this might last. Western Sydney is incredibly multicultural and football (soccer) is definitely the number one sport in the region. Can't wait for the season to start :thumbsu:

Agreed, I live a 10 minute walk from Parra Stadium, and soccer is DEFINITELY the #1 sport in Western Sydney. We tried to get WSW memberships, but sold out! NRL has nothing compared to soccer in Western Sydney!

My GFs soccer team has Shannon Cole as an assistant coach as well, so that has us more than interested. he is a good bloke too!

Agreed, I live a 10 minute walk from Parra Stadium, and soccer is DEFINITELY the #1 sport in Western Sydney. We tried to get WSW memberships, but sold out! NRL has nothing compared to soccer in Western Sydney!

My GFs soccer team has Shannon Cole as an assistant coach as well, so that has us more than interested. he is a good bloke too!
Yeah, I was a member last year and held off too long this season and they sold out. I read this morning that we already have 600 on a waiting list for memberships for next season. They really do need a bigger stadium!

Yeah I've met Shannon, he's a good bloke. Always happy to have a chat. My ex was coached by Craig Foster and he was much the same. It's good to see how involved they get, even at the grassroots level.

I cannot wait for this season to start! Finally got my jersey after trying all last season. I read that originally we budgeted for $300k worth of merch for last season but ended up getting $1.8 million worth. The club keeps going from strength to strength :thumbsu:

Love the support and atmosphere from the RBB and the rest of the Wanderers supporters tonite, you guys make that Derby for what it is. The cove had nothing and are crap.

Hope the support continues to grow, but be careful it doesn't turn in to what the NT have had to put up with over the years and currently is in.

Respect from a Victory fan.

Giggler, i'm going to enjoy reading the posts when you start to hate on WS.

At the moment, it's a 'warm & fuzzy feel good' disposition from a lot of you interstaters with regard to how great it is for the game because they're a young club and the support has grown fast and are vocal.

What you fail to realise is that this club is going to be the biggest thing in this country as they continue to grow. Much, much bigger than MV.......and any AFL club too, trust me.

Western Sydney as a region finally has something it never had before...........an organisation that has listened to them and UNITES THEM ALL. Not several teams like the NRL, and not a homogeneous franchise that the AFL have focusing on the 'brand' that they have sent up here calling them some abbreviated government-derived term, and based them basically in the inner west now as well as sending them off to Canberra every now and again.

The derby is great for football in the Sydney metropolitan and the success of WS so early in their existence has been a boon for it. But despite their growth, I can never step over that line like some others may have done easily because they live out there. I'm a city boy through and through. Rarely travel west of summer hill unless it's on a moto ride up towards putty or through the blue mountains, or to visit my pa who's moved out west recently. The city is my life. It's well known that my type aren't as vocal and are extremely fickle. I'm comfortable that the sky blues will be the smaller club in town with the less vocal support. I certainly won't be bandwagoning onto the other side to live a lie and travel out to Parra every other week because it looks good. I farking hate the joint.

Heart and Victory won't really get it, because they don't have it. It's just hipster red vs incumbent blue down there.

Well after looking for it I cannot believe that there is not already a thread made for this massively supported team. So I thought I'd kick it off for West Sydney fans Wanderering around out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attending my first WSW V Sydney FC derby this weekend. Been to 2 Wanderers games, last year's semi final against Central Coast and the round of 16 match against Sanfreece Hiroshima, the atmosphere they make at Parramatta is a different gravy.

Giggler, i'm going to enjoy reading the posts when you start to hate on WS.

At the moment, it's a 'warm & fuzzy feel good' disposition from a lot of you interstaters with regard to how great it is for the game because they're a young club and the support has grown fast and are vocal.

What you fail to realise is that this club is going to be the biggest thing in this country as they continue to grow. Much, much bigger than MV.......and any AFL club too, trust me.

Western Sydney as a region finally has something it never had before...........an organisation that has listened to them and UNITES THEM ALL. Not several teams like the NRL, and not a homogeneous franchise that the AFL have focusing on the 'brand' that they have sent up here calling them some abbreviated government-derived term, and based them basically in the inner west now as well as sending them off to Canberra every now and again.

The derby is great for football in the Sydney metropolitan and the success of WS so early in their existence has been a boon for it. But despite their growth, I can never step over that line like some others may have done easily because they live out there. I'm a city boy through and through. Rarely travel west of summer hill unless it's on a moto ride up towards putty or through the blue mountains, or to visit my pa who's moved out west recently. The city is my life. It's well known that my type aren't as vocal and are extremely fickle. I'm comfortable that the sky blues will be the smaller club in town with the less vocal support. I certainly won't be bandwagoning onto the other side to live a lie and travel out to Parra every other week because it looks good. I farking hate the joint.

Heart and Victory won't really get it, because they don't have it. It's just hipster red vs incumbent blue down there.

Just curious to know having lived in Sydney almost 6 months, what's the reason why you don't venture west? I do feel there is a bit of a vibe between West and Easts of Sydney but do not know Sydney well enough yet to understand the 'class divide.' Get the feeling its similar to Perth Western Suburbs V Rest of Perth.

Just curious to know having lived in Sydney almost 6 months, what's the reason why you don't venture west? I do feel there is a bit of a vibe between West and Easts of Sydney but do not know Sydney well enough yet to understand the 'class divide.' Get the feeling its similar to Perth Western Suburbs V Rest of Perth.
You've essentially nailed it.

East vs rest (west).

11.JPG

all those Wandering fans will know where they're going as they travel in on the Hume Highway tonight.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back