• Svitolina/Pliskova/Sabalenka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(N.America)

• Other(Europe)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t get a ticket tonight, sold out apparently. Would be 1/2 full at an absolute stretch. Probably covid, cause let’s be real, everything is covid.

Anyway Jelena Dokic just said Swiatek has one of the biggest forehands on tour and her BH is the area to attack. You reckon she’s ever watched her play? It’s the exact opposite...

Couldn’t get a ticket, was sold out days ago. :(

But man how good is Swiatek!
awful lot of Poles got tickets. They must have had a lot of faith.

Makes me wonder if that will be a feature in the coming years in Melbourne.

Iga and Naomi. The WTA is in good hands.

Oh no doubt. I'd hate to take anything away from Azarenka for playing that well with her injury but Svitolina bombed so many chances throughout that match and played it extremely casually which allowed Azarenka to be so aggressive. Those highlights don't really capture the full extent.

Oh no doubt. I'd hate to take anything away from Azarenka for playing that well with her injury but Svitolina bombed so many chances throughout that match and played it extremely casually which allowed Azarenka to be so aggressive. Those highlights don't really capture the full extent.
Yeah fair enough. On second viewing they does seem to be a lack of intensity in her play but Azarenka was making it very hard.

Unfortunately she's out now but Kvitova vs Muguruza should be good.

Petty by Gauff. Really not a fan of her. Gauff won in the end in 3. The racquet tap at the end....frosty.

Someone who I am watching closely is Clara Tauson. Won a tournament last week at 18 years of age. She is exactly like her countrywomen, Wozniacki in that she is a female from Denmark. And that's it. She plays completely different; one of those big hitters of the ball.

wonder when Barty will choose to head overseas, maybe when clay court season starts so she can have another go at the french than come home after wimbledon?

wonder when Barty will choose to head overseas, maybe when clay court season starts so she can have another go at the french than come home after wimbledon?

She needs to get off the golf course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting player in Miami qualies. Linda Fruhvirtova. Had to do a double take when I saw the DOB 1.5.2005. Ranked 500 in the world so not sure how he she gets into the tournament. She is Czech so not an obvious wildcard unless IMG or someone control them at Miami.

Interesting player in Miami qualies. Linda Fruhvirtova. Had to do a double take when I saw the DOB 1.5.2005. Ranked 500 in the world so not sure how he she gets into the tournament. She is Czech so not an obvious wildcard unless IMG or someone control them at Miami.

Wildcards are heavily IMG centric at Miami. Always been the case.

Some close calls for some seeds today.

Barty was 5-2 down in the third set and saved a match point before winning 7-5 against Kucova.

Sabalenka was also 5-2 down in the third set and saved two match points before winning 7-6 against Pironkova.

Halep was a set and 3-1 down to Garcia as well before coming back and dusting her in the 3rd 6-0.

Barty was all over the shop I watched the third set this morning, she ended up having to go for broke on that match point because the 2nd serve was so short, hitting a return winner down the line. Was able to grind it out from there.

Her little section is fun. Plays Ostepenko next and then the winner of that plays the winner of Kerber/Azrenka. Hmmm, okay...

Barty comfortably beat ostapenko today just watched some of the match now. Had a little drop in form but looked much better than round 2 match. Cant see her defending title but who knows.

Back