• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think the government will make a bubble for someone like Barty, give them access to training while in 2 weeks quarantine. I can see her coming home after wimbledon than going back out 2 weeks out from US open

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I think the government will make a bubble for someone like Barty, give them access to training while in 2 weeks quarantine. I can see her coming home after wimbledon than going back out 2 weeks out from US open
nah, can't see it, unless Barty can pay for it herself.(she is rich enough)

Perhaps Barty can do what the Hollywood actors have done and do her quarantine at home(where I would assume she has a tennis court on-site). Either way, it is a big commitment from her to be away from home for 6 months.

Anyway, good win by Barty. she always seems to win in 3 sets. Sabalenka next. Sabalenka nearly lost in the 2nd round as well. WTA everyone.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Ohh, and rankings are moving again. It is a complicated thing regarding what counts and what doesn't but long story short, Osaka is a real chance to be the world number 1 in the coming week and then months.

I hope people remember Barty was the actual number 1 in 2019, year-end. I hope the analysis of her run as number 1 concentrates on that and isn't all about covid and how "she didnt deserve it" for 2020.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Barty stays number one with Osaka well beaten by Sakkari. Never looked comfortable except for early in the second set. Bagel in the first then led 4-1 in the second and lost the last five games. Her first serve very poor. 32% and 40% per set. Doesn’t matter who you are won’t be winning many matches with those stats.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Barty holds on to Number 1 til Madrid.

The issue is that Osaka defends basically nothing for the next couple of months. Where Barty is defending a lot.

Sakkari is a funny one. Has some big wins in the last couple of years. She saved 6 MP last round. tennis eh.

Barty holds on to Number 1 til Madrid.

The issue is that Osaka defends basically nothing for the next couple of months. Where Barty is defending a lot.

Sakkari is a funny one. Has some big wins in the last couple of years. She saved 6 MP last round. tennis eh.

I guess the other question is how many events Osaka will play on clay.

A shame no Andreescu/Osaka match, I just want that matchup so bad.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I guess the other question is how many events Osaka will play on clay.

A shame no Andreescu/Osaka match, I just want that matchup so bad.
yeah. And how she will play on both grass and clay. Will be an interesting couple of months.

Barty is into the final. Straight sets last night over Svitolina. will be fav in the final as BA would be super tired by now and Sakkari has never won an event this big before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back