Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Svitolina/Pliskova/Sabalenka

• Other(N.America)

• Other(Europe)

• Total voters
Osaka is the best hard court player, but not the best overall when taking into account all surfaces. It is why she is not #1.

Agree. Halep probably is the best one overall. In the top couple on clay, and has found ways to win on the other surfaces. That is despite me not finding Halep that pleasing to watch.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Agree. Halep probably is the best one overall. In the top couple on clay, and has found ways to win on the other surfaces. That is despite me not finding Halep that pleasing to watch.
nah. Barty is. I wasn't saying that last month but since she been back on tour FT, her form has been unreachable.

Halep can get smashed. I really rate Halep but sadly, it is the truth.

Muchova is a handy player. Lets just see what Osaka will do at the French. Osaka is a big game player who has more grand slam titles than normal WTA titles ones. She has the potential to lift and if she gets a soft draw and a chance to build real confidence, then look out

nah. Barty is. I wasn't saying that last month but since she been back on tour FT, her form has been unreachable.

Halep can get smashed. I really rate Halep but sadly, it is the truth.

Muchova is a handy player. Lets just see what Osaka will do at the French. Osaka is a big game player who has more grand slam titles than normal WTA titles ones. She has the potential to lift and if she gets a soft draw and a chance to build real confidence, then look out

I’d give you 500-1 on Osaka doing anything at the French. Utterly no chance.

Not sure on Barty on other surfaces aside from clay. Hasn’t really done much in 2 of the Slams. Halep has despite her being smacked sometimes (you are correct there)

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
No-one will be resting before the French as there is Rome to win. Halep last night was so frustrating she would get the break with an unbelievable return game then when she had too serve she would stuff up.

Really liking tonight's matches the match on now is quite good and the Spanish Badosa is doing ok. Glad Barty's match is on early means I can probably watch the whole match then go to bed at a decent hour. Petra will be a good test for her especially on this surface.

Flicking btw ATP and WTA.

With tennis on I don't seem to get time to watch much else, not that I am complaining at all. With Barty I think she is still learning how to play on all surfaces again. The grass might be good for her in a couple of years as she has won a couple of warm up tournaments before SW19.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Barty is absolutely slaying on the clay. Just have a feeling shes peaking to early though. Want her to do well at the French

Stuttgart and Madrid are both "fast" clay courts being indoors and at altitude respectively so do suit Barty more than the French. She is really sticking it up everyone that complained about her being #1 for the last 12 months

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Barbora Strycova is officially pregnant and retired. Made the semis of Wimbledon a couple of years ago and was a decent singles player. Very good doubles.

Liked Ash Barty response to the news. And I quote

"Hell of a chick"

"Put herself out on the court in a way where you know she never left anything out there but would also look you in the eye, shake your hand, say 'Well done' or 'Too good."

I often forget how "Australian" Ash Barty is. Perhaps the better word would be "Queenslander". So relaxed atm.

Anyone else watching barty vs badosa? Good opening set for both, ash playing better than the last time they met.

Great match really looking forward to the next match. Pavs is a big chance of an upset she’s in amazing form

Barty turned it on in that 2nd set. She's such a good player to watch on clay. Love the variety.

She does have a bad habit of going walkabout after winning sets though, needs to work on that

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yet another final for Barty, will probably find it tough to win as its hard to maintain peak form like this but good on her for sticking it to all the critics who said she never really deserved to be world number 1

Yet another final for Barty, will probably find it tough to win as its hard to maintain peak form like this but good on her for sticking it to all the critics who said she never really deserved to be world number 1

Actually think she's a better clay courter than other surfaces. These courts suit her play

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is Barty the female Nadal on clay, probably not, you are right . Not even Nadal wins all on clay, ideal situation would be 3rd round loss for Barty at Rome. Get some points to increase her lead on Osaka. Needs to be about 3000 ahead of Osaka going back into hard court season to maintain a year end number 1 finish I think

Back