• Svitolina/Pliskova/Sabalenka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(N.America)

• Other(Europe)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rome clay courts play most like the RG clay courts and is a great lead up tournament. The tournament in Paris won't start til the 30th of June as well so there is plenty of rest time for ash before it.
I wondered that. I didn't know if every tournament was delayed by a week or just the French. Still, Barty must make sure she doesn't get injured by playing too much in Rome. You can play yourself into form when you are a seed at a grand slam(most times).

Btw: Barty has now got over 10,000 points. massive achievement. Damn, I got to edit some posts from the Aus Open thread where I said I didn't think she was currently the number 1 player. Really proved me wrong.

I would love to see Sabalenka go on with it from here, on the big stage. I enjoy watching her play and she seems a pretty cool girl.

This is making the rounds. Coaching dads and tennis players; Not a healthy combo. Giorgis dad is a piece of work. So many issues throughout the years, though nothing compared to the worst of the worst. (that doesn't say much sadly)

On that, Kenin has replaced her father as coach. really brave move and one I hope will work out for her in the long term

Last edited:

This is making the rounds. Coaching dads and tennis players; Not a healthy combo. Giorgis dad is a piece of work. So many issues throughout the years, though nothing compared to the worst of the worst. (that doesn't say much sadly)

On that, Kenin has replaced her father as coach. really brave move and one I hope will work out for her in the long term

Father coaches are a disaster waiting to happen , it might save players money but
At what cost

Giorgi made 86 unforced errors in that match :drunk:

The way she plays to be fair she almost won the match. Playing safe tennis she isn’t winning trust me doesn’t have it in her. This gave her a chance.

The way she plays to be fair she almost won the match. Playing safe tennis she isn’t winning trust me doesn’t have it in her. This gave her a chance.
Playing SS Tormo doesn't help. one of those players who plays a different shot each time (IIRC) and very defensive. That match went nearly 4 hours., crazy

Playing SS Tormo doesn't help. one of those players who plays a different shot each time (IIRC) and very defensive. That match went nearly 4 hours., crazy

Yep terrible matchup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barty with a regulation win over Shvedova. 6-4, 6-1. Early scare but yeah. next

Was terrible any half competent opponent and she loses the first set 6-2 Barty was awful. However she learnt to win ugly

Osaka has just lost again, this time to Pegula 7-6 6-2. Started watching it and Osaka went up 3-0 and decided to watch 360 instead. Must have been some turnaround.

Osaka on clay is a laugh

Osaka has just lost again, this time to Pegula 7-6 6-2. Started watching it and Osaka went up 3-0 and decided to watch 360 instead. Must have been some turnaround.
Did the same (except to the men's not 360) at 3-0. She looked to be cruising as well.

Very different playing conditions from Madrid to Rome, both sabalenka and barty started slow. If they both win their next match they'll face off for the 3rd time in short succession in the quarter finals.

It's a good spot for a tank from Barty tbh. Kudermetova is a decent enough player to lose to without making any waves and it is also unlikely you'd run into her deep in a tournament anywhere in the future so not building her confidence up against you. Like Tsitsipas lost to Ruud in Madrid last week after his two deep tournament runs. You can't stay up forever, got to play smart as well.

Back