Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Will be interesting to see how it affects her playing career. You would have had her down as a monty to win 10+ grand slams but being that fragile has to transfer over on court, particularly when crowds start cheering the underdog, Novak one of the mentally strongest players ever and even he gets sooky at that.
Good point

i would be shocked if she ever went deep at the French Open, let alone win the damn thing. She won't have any issues in the US. Serena has done far worse and she is still loved by the New York Crowd.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
I was surprised how easily Giorgi won over Plisokva even though she has beaten her twice in the last couple of months.

The cincy tournament annoys me with the crap music, ott announcements and advertsing. I get distracted quite easily.

On Osaka it wouldn't surprise me if she has her interviews censored and journalists are only allow to ask her certain questions. I find her really immature.

I was surprised how easily Giorgi won over Plisokva even though she has beaten her twice in the last couple of months.

The cincy tournament annoys me with the crap music, ott announcements and advertsing. I get distracted quite easily.

On Osaka it wouldn't surprise me if she has her interviews censored and journalists are only allow to ask her certain questions. I find her really immature.
Agreed, eventually they will screen her questions at the press conferences.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Oh god, I just listened to the question. It was reasonable and wasn't rude at all. The article he wrote afterwards was nice.

God ben Rothenberg is a toss. well known fact. he started the chain of thinking about it by saying it was an aggressive tone. But the bigger tosshead and douchebag is Osaka's agent, Stuart Duguid.
"The bully at the Cincinnati Enquirer is the epitome of why player / media relations are so fraught right now. Everyone on that Zoom will agree that his tone was all wrong and his sole purpose was to intimidate. Really appalling behavior."

"And this insinuation that Naomi owes her off court success to the media is a myth – don’t be so self-indulgent."
Think the real issue is this piece of work(the agent). Way to inflame the situation. now, the poor local journalist is getting death threats and it is all because of the above 2. Ben doesnt help but this agent is toxic.

I have no real issue with Osaka herself, I dont think she would hurt a fly. But how she is lead......Its not healthy for her. How about, for once, you let her play tennis you manipulating campaigners in her camp and stop bringing the circus to town for everything she does.

surprised that Osaka lost today to Teichmann

More surprised with the absolute beatdown Barty gave Azarenka today. Nice!

She plays Krijeckova in the quarters

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Barty easy wins Cinci over surprise finalist Teichmann

Wonder what the record for most weeks at number 1 is. :)

She has been number 1 since September 9th 2019!!!! And will continue to be number 1 for a while yet.
Graf has the record at 377 weeks

Also tied with Serena Williams on 186 consecutive weeks for the longest unbroken run at No.1

I think as it stands now (Given the tour was suspended last year) Ash's current run is up to 83 consecutive weeks

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Well done Ash on an exceptional week of tennis and taking the Cincy championship in straight sets. Barty will be the favourite to win the USO hope she can manage to pull it off. Then she can she head home for a well deserved break.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Well done Ash on an exceptional week of tennis and taking the Cincy championship in straight sets. Barty will be the favourite to win the USO hope she can manage to pull it off. Then she can she head home for a well deserved break.
Isn't there still indian Wells and year end champs to be played post US open? I could be wrong as I haven't checked the tennis calendar for a while now.

It will be interesting to see what Barty and the other Aussies do - The WTA tour is somewhat compromised with the cancellation of the Asian swing which means everything will be wrapped up in early to Mid October - The ATP tour will go through as normal until the end of November - How feasible is it for the men to come back to complete two weeks quarantine, especially if the Oz Open is played in Dubai - I suspect the more well off players will stay in Europe or the Middle East.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

Finally, that puzzle piece has been fitted into the calendar.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Krejcikova was ranked 40th the week before Strasbourg / French and last direct acceptance for Eastbourne (WTA 500) was Kuznetsova at 39. Krejcikova just didn't play a lead up to Wimbledon which would be common for GS winners to take a couple of weeks off.

Back