WTA WTA 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Dasha Saville continuing her good comeback.

Has made it to the semis - in both singles and doubles - at the WTA tournie in Granby (Canada).

Her live singles ranking is now at #58 and she looks likely to be a chance of the WTA 'comeback award' at end of season.

Just hoping she can still be fresh for her winnable R1 match at US Open.

WTA finals have just been played. Only watched on the weekend a couple of points in the early morning matches before going to work. Have been home sick for the last two days so have watched most of the semis both in singles and doubles. Both semis were a bit blah but the final was pretty good even though it was only a two setter. Garcia's first serve is outstanding and finished with about 12 aces. Even Sablenka held it together for the majority only double faulting when it mattered the most in the tie breaker then loss serve in the first game of the second set. Garcia definitely comeback player of the year. Started at 74 in the world and finishes at no. 4. Pity her dad is still calling the shots and her coach has pulled the pin. I wish player's families would just stay out of it.
the doubles match was just as good if not better. A real tight three setter where Kudermetova and Mertens played an unbelievable first set then got the yips serving for the championship in the second. And then pulled it back after going down 2-7 in the super tiebreaker. I don't know if the championships will go back to Fort Worth as the stadium was only half full. I like the idea every city getting the chance to see the top players.
Players too look out for in 2023. Krejikova (Sp!) seems to be getting back to her 2021 level. Mertens and Kudermetova they will take a lot of confidence in winning this title. Garcia has the belief. I think the BJK cup should not be played, players need a rest.

Garcia's rise has been as quick as the last time she was ranked inside the top 10. here's hoping, for her sake, that her fall won't be as quick and that she can become a top 10 player for more than the last few months in a year.

I am looking forward to the Hobart international next year.normally that gets me all excited for the year ahead. Must admit I have really missed being able to watch live tennis in my own backyard.

i have switched off tennis lately, havent watched much since US open just been to busy. But good to see Garcia has done well in the WTA Finals, bring on 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back