WTA WTA 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see if the Hungarian tournament will go ahead next year after what has happened. Play should just stopped until the TD came out on court plus why didn't the umpire come down and check the mark. Who was the umpire? Toth should of got a huge fine for her conduct on court.

It will be interesting to see if the Hungarian tournament will go ahead next year after what has happened. Play should just stopped until the TD came out on court plus why didn't the umpire come down and check the mark. Who was the umpire? Toth should have got a huge fine for her conduct on court.
The umpire did come down and check the mark. She went up to it and said it was out, even despite the ball appearing to clearly be connected to the line. But she called out, went back to her chair, stuck with her call and stayed in the chair.

The tournament can definitely overcome that issue moving forward, but it might not be able to overcome the really poor crowds, even for local players. Disappointing.

Lol please we have seen the same sort of thing endless times before. Umpire calls out, player complains non stop and wont let it go, turns crowd against them. If the player involved didnt have a breakdown nothing would have even been made of it. If it was a Kyrgios or Djokovic the story would have gone in a much different direction.

It looked to be a bad call by the ump but as a player you have to just let it go not keep bringing it up points after the fact when nothing can be done anyway

Podoroska dispatches Avanesyan comfortably. Elina did have chances in the second set but lost every significant point. Nadia too good though, played very well.

AKS up next. Interested to see Fanny Stollar in the final QF, good week for her, will boost her ranking. And honestly from what I’ve seen, not sure why she‘s ranked so low.

3 x 250 tournaments this week. Hamburg, Warsaw and Lausanne.

Eva Lys is on court in her home tournament. Feels like forever since I’ve seen her play, has had a terrible year really with injuries which has ruined any momentum she had.

17 y/o Weronika Ewald playing in Warsaw, got to say I like what I see. She’ll probably get thumped but she has clean groundstrokes and moves well. I like the upside.

Linda Fruhvirtova playing also, lost the first set 6-1 but rebounded well. Not sure about her upside. I forget sometimes she’s still SO young, but I’m not sure there’s a massive amount to her game other than fighter. Which in itself will take her a long way.

I been pretty sick in the last week so I've completely fallen out of the loop with the tennis. Interesting to see Dasha make semis, been wondering if she will do anything or if this will be another failed come back

another failed come back

You make it sound like she has failed, when sadly it's her body that's failed her with a series of horrible injuries.

I'm sure many others would have thrown in the towel. Kudos to her for her hard work and determination to get back on the circuit.

Up to the #160s in ranking now and hopefully she and Storm Hunter (now #150) can get inside the top 100 by at least the end of the season.

You make it sound like she has failed, when sadly it's her body that's failed her with a series of horrible injuries.

I'm sure many others would have thrown in the towel. Kudos to her for her hard work and determination to get back on the circuit.

Up to the #160s in ranking now and hopefully she and Storm Hunter (now #150) can get inside the top 100 by at least the end of the season.

If either them could close out matches I would agree with you. Daria is a good chance but not so sure about Storm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or is the Citi Open one of the worst organised tournaments in the world, just seen Keys v Brady get picked up and moved court at a set and 3-0 for no reason whatsoever. Only reason i can see is they wanted to give the people on center court more action to watch. That would never happen anywhere else other then in the U.S

Is it just me or is the Citi Open one of the worst organised tournaments in the world, just seen Keys v Brady get picked up and moved court at a set and 3-0 for no reason whatsoever. Only reason i can see is they wanted to give the people on center court more action to watch. That would never happen anywhere else other then in the U.S
Where are you watching it? I’ve got Foxtel, but they took off the tennis channels.

Caught up on the weekends finals, although the weather was crap in Prague, was good to see Noskova keep progressing, i think shes one to watch in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back