WTA WTA 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Navarro is solid off both wings big first serve but defends amazingly well this is a nightmare match for her though Kenin gets balls back and doesn’t make errors
Great first set for Kenin. Beautiful hitting. Man I hope she can get back to her best, I love her attacking style of tennis, can hit winners from anywhere.

Navarro looks good, can certainly hit winners, nice uncomplicated serve, not sure she’s the best mover though.

Great first set for Kenin. Beautiful hitting. Man I hope she can get back to her best, I love her attacking style of tennis, can hit winners from anywhere.

Navarro looks good, can certainly hit winners, nice uncomplicated serve, not sure she’s the best mover though.

Only looks average as Kenin is probably in the best 2-3 movers on tour (Kasakina the other one for me) she has to be with that pathetic serve of hers. She’s one of the newer type of attacking ball strikers coming out of that college system.

Suddenly, Kenin hitting winners galore again after not making a thing for the last 20 minutes. Strange player, strange match. I wouldn’t get money on her holding serve here though.

Why you going for her over Babs we finally get rid of Garcia from the top 10 now
I just like Kenin and her game. Disappointed she fell short, what a missed opportunity. 2 BP’s at 4-4, misses a second serve return into the net. Would’ve been big for her confidence, but it was a great week.

Watching the Osaka final now, love the quick Asian courts. Would be a huge result for Krueger to win this, off to a good start.

I just like Kenin and her game. Disappointed she fell short, what a missed opportunity. 2 BP’s at 4-4, misses a second serve return into the net. Would’ve been big for her confidence, but it was a great week.

Watching the Osaka final now, love the quick Asian courts. Would be a huge result for Krueger to win this, off to a good start.

I like Kenin but enough is enough with brainless Caro in the top 10.

Krueger on the verge of her maiden WTA title. She has a big game. Huge serve, big power. She’s like a young Rybakina. She’s only 19 and has improved a lot this year. Not sure about her ceiling, but one to keep an eye on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5-2 down, yikes. Looking like a 9th straight loss. She’s still very young, but what on earth has happened since the AO? She looks a shadow of that player.

Serve has collapsed again. Feel she’s almost overplayed this year searching for form and sometimes that’s worse.

Serve has collapsed again. Feel she’s almost overplayed this year searching for form and sometimes that’s worse.
Yep I agree with that. When the form started failing she should’ve dropped to play some 125k’s. Has scheduled poorly this year.

Tauson going off the boil let’s see if she can capitalise.

Yep I agree with that. When the form started failing she should’ve dropped to play some 125k’s. Has scheduled poorly this year.

Tauson going off the boil let’s see if she can capitalise.

Or just flat out take a break a good 2-3 weeks break don’t think about tennis go and shop for 2 weeks she’s overplayed and her body isn’t ready for a whole season

Hilarious final for a 1000 at Guadalajara, Dolehide vs Sakkari. Unbelievable that the winner gets 1000 ranking points. Field for the 500 in Tokyo starting Monday is far better.

Hilarious final for a 1000 at Guadalajara, Dolehide vs Sakkari. Unbelievable that the winner gets 1000 ranking points. Field for the 500 in Tokyo starting Monday is far better.

It was a place where the out of formers get points. Garcia/Sakkari needed them badly.

Great tournament though, really well attended. The debate is where you put this in the calendar because the interest is there

they need to fix the ranking systems, its so horribly wrong and rewards players to much who can peak in 1 week of tennis, should average points out somehow over time so if you only peak on weeks that are grand slams or masters 1000 you get less points. I dont know if that fixes it but there is need for major change, i wouldnt have Sakkari or Jabeur anywhere near top 30, they have been far less then useless for a long time now

they need to fix the ranking systems, its so horribly wrong and rewards players to much who can peak in 1 week of tennis, should average points out somehow over time so if you only peak on weeks that are grand slams or masters 1000 you get less points. I dont know if that fixes it but there is need for major change, i wouldnt have Sakkari or Jabeur anywhere near top 30, they have been far less then useless for a long time now
Very, very harsh in Jabeur. 3 slam finals from the past 6.

Two tournaments this week, 500 in Tokyo, and 250 in Ningbo.

Tokyo:

441D3D5B-137F-423C-BC48-EED968603F40.jpeg

Strong field, far better than the 1000 event Sakkari just vultured. Krueger gone from winning a title to getting slaughtered 3&1, gotta love the WTA tour. Hoping for return to form for Kudermetova and Kalinskaya, but I’m not holding my breath.

Ningbo:

45FBAD8B-8380-477F-964D-22763B1CBE73.jpeg

Pretty good field for a 250. Can Gracheva find some form; has she even won a match whilst representing France? Linda Fruhritova is trying her luck again. I mean maybe, she did look okay against Tauson last tournament, but you wouldn’t bet money on a deep run. 8 straight losses. Rakhimova is on a 7 match losing streak herself. I’m going to tip Cirstea for the win, but who knows. Zero predictability on this tour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back