WTA WTA 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Fruhvirtova is playing so well, can’t believe this is the same player who’s struggled for months on end. Wow. Up 5-0 in the QF against Bronzetti. Playing so free and confident. Must be finally fit again.

Good fight by Eva Lys against Ostapenko in her first 1000 event. Took the first set and has battled hard.

Linda Fruhvirtova beats Rus 6-0, 6-3. Put the disappointment of the loss to Schnaider behind her.

Mirra Andreeva vs Krejcikova soon.

Good fight by Eva Lys against Ostapenko in her first 1000 event. Took the first set and has battled hard.

Linda Fruhvirtova beats Rus 6-0, 6-3. Put the disappointment of the loss to Schnaider behind her.

Mirra Andreeva vs Krejcikova soon.

Nothing will shock me with Kreijikova either wins easy or loses easy

Drummond Mirra won easy

Lol at Kreijikova
Mirra is going to be so good. The weapons are developing but her defensive game and tennis smarts are already outstanding. Only 16, wow.

Krejcikova is a bit of a joke. So wildly inconsistent. Best is insane but we just so rarely see anything close to it.

Mirra is going to be so good. The weapons are developing but her defensive game and tennis smarts are already outstanding. Only 16, wow.

Krejcikova is a bit of a joke. So wildly inconsistent. Best is insane but we just so rarely see anything close to it.

I have given up tipping Babs she’ll turn up one week flop the next rinse and repeat.

Brilliant match between Gauff and Martic. 3-3 in the 3rd. Been watching this and Kudermetova. Veronika started really slow, lots of errors especially on the FH side but really hitting her straps in the 2nd and leads 4-0 but rain has stopped play.

Kudermetova wins 3-6, 6-0, 6-0. Amazing tennis final two sets, ridiculous level. That ball striking can match it with anyone. Just wish she played like this more often because the ability is there. She plays Gauff next I believe. Both players on decent win streaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sensational first set, 6-2. Looks like she’s on a mission today.

Targeting the FH. It’s breaking down. See Aryna, that’s how you do it…

And to every other player that’s lost to her my word it’s embarrassing

Hard to keep track of everything this week.

Zhengzhou - 500

2A25E31D-3585-42D3-8793-32A051624E50.jpeg

Gauff, Rybakina and Muchova all withdrew, but it’s still a pretty strong field considering. I hope Kudermetova can win another title, she’s looked good the past few weeks.

Seoul - 250

AF1EE627-6E64-4DA7-A3A1-18BC66DEA5F9.jpeg

Pegula and Ostapenko headline this one, and really hard to see them not meeting in the final. Kenin lost this afternoon in pitiful fashion. Already quite a few seeds out. Eva Lys won comfortably and she could easily make the semis if she plays her best. The younger Kudermetova beat Parks yesterday, Parks served 19 double faults.

Hong Kong - 250

A79BEFAA-5345-432A-99F4-801CB2E62363.jpeg

This one is pretty wide open. Azarenka top seed, but you never know with her these days. I’m keen to see Fruhvirtova vs Stearns, I rate the American so it’ll be interesting to see who comes out from that. Andreeva vs Yastremska, wonder if there will be more fireworks between the two. 16 year old Alina Korneeva, who won 2 junior GS titles this year, just qualified for her first WTA main draw appearance. Very excited to see what she can produce.

Keep going Leylah - I expect big 2024 for her starting at AO

Definitely improving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back