WTA WTA 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep going Leylah - I expect big 2024 for her starting at AO

Definitely improving
Was a good win over Mirra. She is always looking to come into net to finish points off which is a big advantage. She is a great athlete, defends very well. Just inconsistent as LP said, which hopefully she sorts out over time. She will probably have a better career than her fellow US Open finalist.

Zheng wins Zhengzhou, awesome performance. Dropped the first set but really lifted thereafter. Served really well (10 aces) and limited the UE pretty well. She’s only 21, biggest title of her career, honestly if she can work on her consistency and shot selection a bit, sky’s the limit. She has all the tools. I enjoy watching her play.

Pegula wins in Seoul. Unfortunate ending with her opponent serving consecutive double faults from deuce to lose. The second set was pretty competitive too with some great rallies.

And Fernandez wins the marathon and gruelling encounter in Hong Kong. Siniakova needed strapping applied to both thighs, and it looked like she might retire early in the third after a fall. Drama galore in this one, very hard fought win by Fernandez.

Great tournament Fernandez - she’s got the tools to be top 10
As I said big 2024 coming up

Zheng wins Zhengzhou, awesome performance. Dropped the first set but really lifted thereafter. Served really well (10 aces) and limited the UE pretty well. She’s only 21, biggest title of her career, honestly if she can work on her consistency and shot selection a bit, sky’s the limit. She has all the tools. I enjoy watching her play.

Pegula wins in Seoul. Unfortunate ending with her opponent serving consecutive double faults from deuce to lose. The second set was pretty competitive too with some great rallies.

And Fernandez wins the marathon and gruelling encounter in Hong Kong. Siniakova needed strapping applied to both thighs, and it looked like she might retire early in the third after a fall. Drama galore in this one, very hard fought win by Fernandez.
Been awesome having you back on the tennis forum Drummond. Love these posts.

Probably explain why she was in Korea to begin with.

WTA end of year finals atm.

Heard the courts are crap due to the little prep that had to get this tournament ready, that balls are super slow and the players are unhappy. An awful lot of drama with some tennis.

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me if Pegula wins this. Be the sort of tournament she would do well at.

Wish they get better balls in tennis. You would think with all the tech we have, we could create a tennis ball that doesn't fluff up so easily. I am assuming that is the issue again.,

So Swiatek v Pegula in the final on Monday, thanks to the weather. If Iga wins, she finishes as the year end number 1.

Posted that Storm Hunter is the new number 1 in the Ausse thread. But important note, Mertens has qualified to the year end finals for 5 years straight with 5 different partners.

and her lastest partner is Storm Hunter.

Honestly, not sure why they are playing a match Tiebreak in the 3rd set for this. It is the biggest doubles event. Surely they can play a proper best of 3 set match. Anyyway, Hunter/Mertens lost to Vera Zvonareva and Lisa Siegemund

Remove this Banner Ad

Back