WTA WTA 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1679341

Well, the news a lot of us have been waiting for for a while. She needs to take a long break. Don’t rush the return, only come back when the head is clear and the passion has returned. If it ever does.
you called in about a month ago.

I think it was last year she had Cahill as her coach and did really well in Aus.

Jaimee Fourlis against Elina Avanesyan in the Wiesbaden 100k final starting now. I’m hoping Avanesyan wins because…yeah, but nice to see Fourlis in the final.

Avanesyan too good, 6-2, 6-0.

Sloane Stephens incredibly also won a challenger also, as did Cirtsea. Should just play 250’s during the second week of these two week Masters, but at least this is something.

28414628-6ABE-46EF-8076-028CFF0C2A9B.jpeg
Another ripping W125k tournament due to the two week 1000 events.

Mirra Andreeva just won and will face either Kuders’ sister or Rakhimova in R2.

Rabat:

02250029-DC3D-44BD-97DB-8CBCE7BD8A24.jpeg

Yeah not much of interest here, to be expected the week before the FO. Sloane Stephens vs Zvonareva is a bit of a throwback; can’t believe Vera is still trying her luck but all power to her. I’m interested in the youngsters Fruhvirtova and Rakhimova to see if they can produce anything decent.

Strasbourgh:

103B7FA0-2809-4897-963F-4A74F781EAF9.jpeg

Gott to love Erin Routliffe (genuinely no idea?) being in the place of a second seed. Anyway Cirstea is playing so that’s fun, not sure why though. One of the worst draws I’ve ever seen. Not sure what else to say.

Zero seeds remaining in Nottingham, crazy.

Hertogenbosch seeds holding up pretty well, 4/8 remain. Kudermetova, Alexandrova looking good.

Defending Champ Alexandrova played a great first set before Samosova playing better in the second forcing it to a tiebreaker which Aledandrova won quite convincingly. Kudermetova should break her hoodoo in not getting past the semi final stage by getting the win today. But as we know anything can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

High quality final, 1 set apiece. Kudermetova has been the better player IMO, had chances to really finish it in straights, but we’re off to a third.

Bit of a shock. Had struggled for a while though.

A CH of #2 in the world. The highest in the slams was only quarter-finalist, which I found surprising. I thought she went to the semis in the US one year. She had a really good purple steak at the end of 2020/21 IIRC, where she painted lines and looked a genuine chance at a slam title

. Other than that, she was a good average player, always ranked around the mid 10's til a couple of years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back