WTA Premier: Rogers Cup Toronto

Remove this Banner Ad

Stosur/Fish multi paying about $3 last night. Thanks for playing.

Great week for Sam, though I suspect she's going to get nailed by Serena now.

This week has been Stosur's best all season, probably equal with Rome. She has beaten Serena twice in her career but you just get the feeling that Serena means business and she wants to win everything this US Open series. Sam is also back in the top 10 with this win.

Has anyone had a a look at the Women's draw for Cincinatti next week? Stosur and Williams are scheduled to meet in the 2nd round and they are also in the same quarter of the draw as Na Li and Sharapova.

Stosur's better off playing Serena IMO, she has beaten her twice before, held match points another time. I don't think she's ever got anywhere near Azarenka however. Hopefully she can improve on her Colliwobble-esque record, I doubt it though.

Also the commentators seemed to mention something about a wrist issue in regards to Stosur, hopefully its not much of an issue.

Well, Sam has done well this week, taking advantage of her draw where she didn't have to face any of her bogeyman (although next week is a different story). And this is the type of week Sam needed, a few wins to get the confidence back, although I'm not sure it will translate to the slams. She's served well and seems to be finishing points off better which is the key to Sam's game. Big week for Sam, well done.

Going to get spanked in the final though...

I've won a little bit of money with Sam this week so happy with her for that. Don't think she will beat Serena though I hope she does. She still only has 2 career singles titles and deserves more than that, has lost 8 finals.

Well unfortunately the final did go as expected in the end, Serena had no worries. However Sam started off quite well, and held her first four service games without much trouble. She had 40-15 to go up 5-4 on serve, and for some reason got broken. She basically never recovered from that and fell in a heap. In the first set though Serena seemed to miss a lot of first serves but Sam only got to 30 on her serve about once. I wasn't watching so I'm not sure what happened

All in all a much needed good week for Sam, hopefully she gets some confidence out of this. I just hope losing all these finals is not causing her further issues mentally.

Expected result really, Serena is really in solid unbeatable form and when the field was looking so open for the women's (given how one way the men's look) she is looking the goods, the hunger is there from the long layoff.

Sam played fine, match reminded me of their AO 2010 match although maybe Serena wasn't as great as that match but still strong. Sam was holding well until that game at 4-4 and then just lost her concentation in the 2nd. She must be pissed that she will be playing Serena in a couple of days again, I know Iam.

One thing she can be proud of, she's back in the top 10. She's going to struggle to stay there for the rest of the year with those US Open QF points and especially the YEC SF points since it would take something special to make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back