WTA WTA Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Barty has played the equal least tournaments in 2019 out of the Singles Race top 20. Making her results count. Done some Fed Cup, Hopman Cup, spent time back home in Queensland, and still has earned nearly 5 million in singles before June is out.

Her variety and style are what sets her apart, the other players have no answers ATM how to deal with her as they are mostly one trick ponies. This will influence coaches to change the way they coach players. It's not about the bash and crash anymore show me some versatility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halep and Kerber of the top players are best equipped to challenge Ash on a daily basis as they are not out and out ball bashers but are excellent counter punchers.

Has an 1,100 point lead over Kvitova and Petrova in the Race, and 1,500 over Osaka. That's a pretty amazing position to be in by June when clay is supposedly your worst surface.

With Kvitova still under a cloud for Wimbledon and Osaka garbage on grass, at this stage you wouldn't be betting against Barty for year end number one.

Has an 1,100 point lead over Kvitova and Petrova in the Race, and 1,500 over Osaka. That's a pretty amazing position to be in by June when clay is supposedly your worst surface.

With Kvitova still under a cloud for Wimbledon and Osaka garbage on grass, at this stage you wouldn't be betting against Barty for year end number one.
I think Pliskova might be her biggest threat. Not that she'll win any grand slams necessarily or be the best player, but she has accrued a lot of points and been in generally good form, whereas most others have been a little bit up-and-down.

Barty should be fav for Wimbledon. (she is, finally)

just outstanding form. I reckon her actual worst surface would be a fast hardcourt. It would allow those big hitters to outhit her more often.

Not a lot of the usual grass suspects are in form atm. I think Konta is the player she will want to avoid in her section of the draw.

Not a lot of the usual grass suspects are in form atm. I think Konta is the player she will want to avoid in her section of the draw.

Well, to me it's the same situation as the French where there actually about 20-30 women who are a chance.

Its harder to get a form line, due to the short season though.

I think you can get about 15 before you start questioning your wisdom

Top 15, according to sportsbet (bold are me ruling them out)
Ashleigh Barty
Serena Williams
Naomi Osaka
Petra Kvitova
Angelique Kerber
Karolina Pliskova
Simona Halep
Johanna Konta
Garbine Muguruza
Madison Keys
Belinda Bencic
Kiki Bertens
Sloane Stephens
Amanda Anisimova
Aryna Sabalenka
-------------------------------
(Next 15)
Jelena Ostapenko(She is injured and I think she has withdrawn.._ )
Elina Svitolina
Marketa Vondrousova
Donna Vekic
Julia Goerges
Venus Williams
Victoria Azarenka
Caroline Garcia
Coco Vandeweghe(WHAT!!! SHE ISNT EVEN PLAYING)
Daria Kasatkina

Maria Sharapova
Petra Martic
Sofia Kenin
Alison Riske
Dayana Yastremska
Magdalena Rybarikova
----------------------------
Anastasija Sevastova
Anett Kontaveit

Caroline Wozniacki

OKay, Yep you are right. about 20-30 then.

I do like how little Sportsbet check what is happening to players before doing odds. Babos, who lost in the first round of Q's, is $201 to win. Vesnina is the same at $201. Considering Vesnina has just had a baby, I think the odds should be a bit higher....

I am insulted that Schmieds is considered a $301 chance in comparison, considering she is actually in the tournament unlike the above 2.

Last edited:
Based on grass pedigree and a proper preparation:

Barty
Konta
Kerber
Pliskova
Bencic

Based on respect for what she could be:

Osaka

Based on grass pedigree and no preparation and presuming they are not actually injured and underdone liked Serena and Kvitova:

Muguruza
Keys

Write your own ticket the rest.

Got it in 8 ;)

I feel to actually win you need to be capable of beating top players. I don't think Goerges is. I was confident about Barty at Wimbledon this year because of her Fed Cup exploits and winning Miami. I was confident that the belief she gained from that she could transfer to GS level. She just came out and won the French too early damn it and not worth backing as favourite.

I think Bencic at $23 is the value play. Won Dubai by beating Sabalenka, Halep, Svitolina and Kvitova on the bounce. Wins over Osaka x 2, Pliskova, Kerber so far this year. 40-18 career record on grass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back