WTA WTA Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically, Barty has to match Osaka's round. Pliskova can only become number 1 if she makes the semi. But if she wins the tournament, she will become number regardless of what Barty/Osaka does.

Also, there is a tournament in Jurmala, Latvia this week. Cashing in on that sweet success that country has had on the tour.

One more, Romanias reaction for Halep is crazy. She is beyond huge over there.

Brazilian Haddad Maia has been provisionally suspended after testing positive. She recently beat Muguruza first round at Wimbledon but the test was taken before that.

Kuznetsova will not defend her Washington title next week as she has not been given a US visa. A former US Open winner. Makes no sense.

Bartys short lived reign as number 1 is over it was a false number 1 any way until someone came through and played good consistent tennis. She will never get back there

Its not the end of the World. Kenin is a capable tennis player and took a set off her at the FO IIRC.

And, knowing Osaka, she will lose to Maria and Barty will stay number 1, assuming Pliskova doesnt reach the semis..

Stephens lost. That was the defending champ. Having a shocking year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serena retires hurt after just 4 games. Quite upset by it.

You would be annoyed if you brought a ticket to finals day.

in worse news
66225397_338108560473870_7756291046754155300_n.jpg

This new teens/early 20s generation coming through is scary. Think women's tennis is about to enter another golden era.

I'm a lot more excited by the women coming through then the men. A match between an in-form Andresscu and Osaka would be ridiculous

the barty party continues at 1am eastern time overnight. any further wins from here on in will give her points to her ranking as she was knocked out at this stage last year. however Osaka and pliskova are also gaining points from here on in due to early exits last year.

Kuznetsova has always been such a champ in my eyes. I thought she might've been done after 2012, but continues to prove me wrong. To still be playing like that in 2019 is laudable.
Her Henin rivalry was lopsided but often really good value, my favourite of the millennium.

Barty with another 3 set win and into the semis. Both Pliskova and osaka lose, so a chance to gain points on them both in the rankings race. She plays Kuznetsova in the semi

Barty with another 3 set win and into the semis. Both Pliskova and osaka lose, so a chance to gain points on them both in the rankings race. She plays Kuznetsova in the semi
Eating humble pie here, might go to us open as #1 after I said she wouldn't get back there

Eating humble pie here, might go to us open as #1 after I said she wouldn't get back there
Look the women's tour at the top is incredibly even and there are so many talented young players out there. The next 5-7 years should be a great era for the wta tour.

If Barty wins her semi she is back to #1

Kenin, the person Barty lost to last week, is also in the semis. made the semis last week as well.

But Barty only lost to her because she was in a "form slump"...........She was good last night. outside a 4 game stretch at the backend of the 1st set, she looked like she was on top.

Great to see Kuznetsova in the semis once again. Had Visa issues and wasn't allowed in the US before this week. Her first top 5 win since 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back