WTA WTA Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Having the week due to a persistent head cold has meant I get to watch the start of the Asia swing. Its been interesting as there are three tournaments being played. Zhengzhou being a Premier event was rained out yesterday, other tournament are in Hiroshima and Nanchang.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm going for Matric she has been playing well all week and she didn't finish her 1/4 final on Friday until after 10pm and that went three sets. I was disappointed in Tomljanovic she could of played a lot better. Also Pliskova has a new coach with her this week.

Stosur running into a ball going out on one of her match points in her 2nd round match in China is one of the funniest things I have seen but she then actually won the match....

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Well you should of seen Stosur today, she lost the first set then was trying to close out the second set in her semi final match she finally did it during a tie break. Then she won the third set comfortably and will play the final tomorrow. Unfortunately, it is raining in Osaka and they have only played one quarter final match today. I'm liking this tournament. Go Kerber.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Stosur actually has a 2-0 H2H record with Kenin in the last 12 months or so which is a surprise. Guess they were both tournaments the week before a slam though and they are always flukey depending upon motivation.

Kenin will be playing her 62nd match of the season which is quite a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Another premier WTA event this week in Wuhan where Barty is playing. I'm watching Kerber and Puig atm and some of the line calling has been horrendous. Looking forward to this tournament as most of the top seeds will be playing. Also getting a lot of insight to players and their coaches from an European caller called Olga and a male commentator. Apparently Sablenka has split with Tursunov (Sp!).

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Not hard to see it's getting late in the season.

At Wuhan, three late outs (Keys, Azarenka & Muchova) and three first round retirements (Giorgi, Davis & Putintseva).
At Tashkent, Ostapenko retires.
Last week in Seoul, Sakkari was a late out as number one seed.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Barty in the quarters at Wuhan playing Martic. I think this is a danger match for Barty as Martic is playing some good tennis through the Asia swing.
Ash goes on to win in a tight 3 setter. Pliskova lost so I'm not sure if that means ash holds on to the #1 ranking for another week. She does have a bit to defend for the remainder of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back