WTA WTA Tour - 2020

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Watching Venus v Yastremska playing right now.

Where are the lines people?

So the coaches can talk to the players from the stands now. I didnt know that was the case.
WTA had coaching from the sidelines. perhaps it is a replacement for that.

as for the lines people. I think we all missed this.

I never watched a match with no linespeople before.

WTA had coaching from the sidelines. perhaps it is a replacement for that.

as for the lines people. I think we all missed this.

I never watched a match with no linespeople before.
It's weird watching the match without lines people and the coaching

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Watching Venus v Yastremska playing right now.

Where are the lines people?

So the coaches can talk to the players from the stands now. I didnt know that was the case.
Cornets coach just got told off for communicating with the player. no penalty and it was coaching, basically telling her to reset. Didnt look like Cornet coach knows what the rule is either.

Cornets coach just got told off for communicating with the player. no penalty and it was coaching, basically telling her to reset. Didnt look like Cornet coach knows what the rule is either.
The same happened yesterday, Yastresmka's coach received a warning. Afterwards he was confused, asking what are the rules

It's weird watching the match without lines people and the coaching

I know this is the WTA thread but just saw numerous mistakes by the hawkeye in the Millman match today

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
How does it work? Does it just beep like the net cord thing or something if it is out?
there is (I am assuming) a recorded "out" call, which calls out a couple of seconds after the ball bounces if it has gone long. One thing I dislike is that there is no visual indication of a call. i kept looking to where the linespeople should be to see if they made a call.

a couple of examples. interesting they checked Cornets one. must be what matt said regarding errors.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
there is (I am assuming) a recorded "out" call, which calls out a couple of seconds after the ball bounces if it has gone long. One thing I dislike is that there is no visual indication of a call. i kept looking to where the linespeople should be to see if they made a call.

a couple of examples

Ha! Seems optimistic by Kenin challenging as if the machine is going to change it's decision.

I believe if it's a close call it comes up automatically on the screen, they can't actually challenge it as such. It's going to be around for awhile at these big hardcourt events but hawkeye on outer courts (like Millman's) always have had some questionable calls.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
One set all , Serena v Sakkari

Serena looks annoyed, she cannot yell at linespeople anymore
just turned it on

5-0!!!! to Sakkari. and 6 match points.

wowsers. i know grand slam Serena is different to tour Serena but damn. Ohhh, might be cramping. but still, Serena form so far has been poor. 3 sets v Rus. Losing to Shelby Rogers.

up to #7 match point at 5-0. Come on Sakkari. I dont want to write another post.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
We have an Osaka v Azarenka final.

Will add that Ben Rothenberg is intolerable

You can guess which opinion writer asked those questions. Lets leave the Belorussian alone and not have her talk about politics if she doesn't want to. It is not like her country is going through some turmoil with an authoritative government. Nah, lets ask a slanted question so I can get a gotcha moment.

campaigner. Would say something else but I know the swear filter would just change it into that anyway. :)

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Watched the highlights of Schmieds win over Juvan at Istanbul. won in 3 sets, 7-5, 1-6, 6-4

a couple of things. In the time off, Schmieds did not work on her serve. Juvan has no serve either. So this resulted in 17 breaks of serve for the match. Somehow Schmieds served it out. She still moves well with a nice backhand, so that hasnt changed.

has Sasnovich next. These 2 played in Budapest in 2016, and it was the worst game of tennis I have ever watched. So looking forward to it.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Worst game of tennis I have ever watched was Kiki Bertens v. Dominquez Lino in Morocco.

Dominquez Lino's only tactic was playing a moon ball to every shot.

Bertens lost and I had her marked as a total spud at that point. Looking it up it was in 2013. Way to feel old.

Back