MRP / Trib. WTF MRP!

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't see how a clearly intentional, off the ball hit to the head isn't worthy of a suspension. I'm not bringing it up because I'm pissed about the game (even though I am), but because it's another case of the high profile players abiding by different rules to the rest.

And Darling is a weak cheat, but Ballantyne is a cheeky rascal that we'd all love to have on our team.

And lastly, opposition teams should be happy that Scooter and Shuey are ******* around for frees. If they actually ******* tried to play properly, we'd be a much better team.

I think Brown is the one that is lucky. He might be waking up sometime tomorrow if he had got him.

Seriously though he hardly even touched him, he went down on the ground and I actually thought he was dead then the trainer put on some of that "Magic Spray" (which looked alot like water from a water bottle) and he got up and ran away.

I know you have all enjoyed my stay but I will do us all a favour and leave you alone now. Good luck against Gee....... Oh damn! Who am I kidding! Shame on you Smeg - a bulldogs supporter and all.
Shame on me? Been a fan of both the Doggies and the Eagles from before the dockers were mooted.

MRP has me seriously perplexed, they ARE the joke of the AFL. We have been crucified this year, and comparable incidents have received much less. Seriously considering emailing the AFL asking for a please explain for the Lynch vs deBoer incidents. As a consumer of AFL football I'm genuinely perplexed with the differing rulings. All consumers of AFL football want and hope for consistency in rulings, and I fail to see this in a majority of the decisions made this year. But of course they will never ever admit they're wrong or that the system isn't working, so any call for a please explain may be ultimately futile, such is the dictatorship that runs our great game.

Cannot freaking believe that DeBoer and Pavlich only recived reprimands !! What is going on with the MRP? Shuey gets 2 weeks down from 3 for an elbow to the thigh and DeBoer gets squat for a kick to the almost nuts???? I've got my tin foil crazy hat on...this is a conspiracy! I like Pav as a player but I can't help but feel a bit dirty how they both got off and our players have been suspended for less!

Agreed, I thought blows to the groin attracted more points on top of what else there is.

MRP just wanted to make an example of the Eagles...so they don't cop any flack for being lenient on them like they did for the frees earlier in the year.

All three got a bit lucky I think, but it doesn't really affect us. The strangest one was Pavlich not being called 'Intentional' because 'he swung his arm back to get to the forward line for the next act of play' according to Mark Fraser. Any behind the play incident is automatically graded as Intentional. Barry Hall all over again.

McPharlin was 10cm off a 4 week ban.

All I know is that for some reason the AFL etc has a hard on to crucify the EAGLES right now. Some harsh words must have been uttered in phone calls and conversations earlier in the year.

Thought we were enough of a cash cow to wield some influence...obviously not.

Pav is ridiculously lucky. Was without a doubt intentional and medium impact, not reckless and low.
You have to remember that if Pav got weeks that would effectively end this nail-biting end to the home and away season everyone is talking about. AFL does not want.

I get that you are heinously bias.

But Darling simulated contact, again.
McPharlin made contact with the head first. Everyone is saying he hit him in the shoulder only but if you look closely the hit glances off his head first. His head is jolted just before his shoulder is rhit. Thats why he put his hands on his head. Wasn't huge contact but it was there. He was not simulating contact. Although I admit he has exagerrated things previously.

Yeah that is what I thought as well.
Didn't say anything because I thought I may have been seeing things, but I definitely thought it was a glancing blow to the head that ended up on his shoulder.

Does Darcy have an issue with the Eagles? I think that is what you are eluding too I had never noticed. I have always liked him, the subconscious is a wonderful thing.
Some examples:

Skip to 5:00

At 1:48:30 you will hear Darcy go "Yea-he-he-heaaa". But every time West Coast kick a goal he goes silent.

McFailin going to the Tribunal

And to those Dockers Supporters that think that Darling threw his head back are missing some key points:

1) McFailin had no other intention that smashing Darling with no eyes on the ball
2) Some other muppet was tackling him, so the force of the front hit and the tackle from behind forced his head back

Go and watch the hit from Glass on Brown and surprise, surprise his head goes back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McFailin going to the Tribunal

And to those Dockers Supporters that think that Darling threw his head back are missing some key points:

1) McFailin had no other intention that smashing Darling with no eyes on the ball
2) Some other muppet was tackling him, so the force of the front hit and the tackle from behind forced his head back

Go and watch the hit from Glass on Brown and surprise, surprise his head goes back

Yeah looks like Clarkson convinced some Eagles supporters that we are duckers and stagers...I mean WTF.

Some examples:

Skip to 5:00

At 1:48:30 you will hear Darcy go "Yea-he-he-heaaa". But every time West Coast kick a goal he goes silent.

So the guy does not think that your team can beat another and he has it in for you. WTF! An opinion only, just 30 seconds before that he was praising Kerr for a wonderful effort. Toughen up man! That goal was pretty good at an important time too!

So the guy does not think that your team can beat another and he has it in for you. WTF! An opinion only, just 30 seconds before that he was praising Kerr for a wonderful effort. Toughen up man! That goal was pretty good at an important time too!
They're just some examples, idiot. Not everything's on YouTube.

Idiot? Way to keep the conversation at adult level.

Very very bad examples at that. A commentator doing his job. Show me where he says the Eagles are evil and a blight on the competition and I will agree with you but that is every day stuff from all commentators.

I know you guys have an agenda but seriously a head can move when there is contact to the upper body, which doesn't necessarily impact the head.

Everyone that keeps using head movement as a sign that there is staging comes across as a bit of a Darcy. Especially people agreeing with the umpire about SSelwood, when replay clearly shows copped a whack to the face. I know, I know his head moved that must mean he was staging. Bad example.

There's the truth.....

one-luke-darcy-288x375-130x130.jpg

and then thereeeeeees the truuuuth ;)

I don't see what threads on the Freo board have to do with anything here.

There's a whole thread on Darcy's apparent dislike of WCE. Those two youtube examples didn't prove anything in my view.

McPharlin is going to the tribunal - there was no penalty for rolling the dice so it's not altogether surprising. Interesting to see what defence they run, though I'd be surprised if they go for the whole "Darling's a stager" line we took with Lindsay Thomas :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back