WTF was live dropped?????

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueBoy83

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2004
Other Teams
CARLTON
Give me one good reason???? :confused:

He could have played on rawlings (who isn't quick) and thornton play up the ground maybe even in the midfield!!!!

BlueBoy83 said:

He could have played on rawlings (who isn't quick) and thornton play up the ground maybe even in the midfield!!!!

Ummmmm... not sure.

He didn't have the flu or a slight injury or anything did he? Anyways, we know have a legitimate excuse when we lose :D

stokesy said:
Ummmmm... not sure.

He didn't have the flu or a slight injury or anything did he? Anyways, we know have a legitimate excuse when we lose :D

dont get me wrong ... i want us to lose this one ... BUT ... i also wanna see player development as well ... playing dudds like prenda and johnson who are not up to AFL standard and dropping a key defender like livo is ludacris.

i mean according to libba on white line fever we dropped them cos the bulldogs have a quick small team ... so why couldnt livo play as a defender and thornton been given a new job.

im totally miffed???? :confused:

someone tell me im wrong!!!!!!

BlueBoy83 said:

Rawlings plays CHB now.

Funkalicous said:
I don't think we could find a good matchup for Livo, and we've seen what he's like as a forward....

If i am not mistaken wasn't Livo recruited to be our next CHF? The next Sticks? Was he not an all Australian under 18 FF the year we drafted him?
Then we tried to turn him into a defender ala Justin Leppitch and of course he has had his ups and downs as well as some injuries.
And now just when the guy appears to be geting some confidence back playing in a crap side and playing some reasonable football in a crap side we drop him!
And then i see Prenda still in the starting 18 and think f*** we are s***.

BlueBoy83 said:
dont get me wrong ... i want us to lose this one ... BUT ... i also wanna see player development as well ... playing dudds like prenda and johnson who are not up to AFL standard and dropping a key defender like livo is ludacris.

i mean according to libba on white line fever we dropped them cos the bulldogs have a quick small team ... so why couldnt livo play as a defender and thornton been given a new job.

im totally miffed???? :confused:

someone tell me im wrong!!!!!!

Yeh mate I agree. I think Livo could have been given a task to play on a smaller forward, it would be a challenge and a learning curve in his development. I really do help this doesn't dent his confidence.

I'm not to pleased with the decision either. Actually, I think this would be the worst decision made by the coaching and selecting staff this season.

Bowyer is a slow hack and Livo would have at least offer insurance if Thornton is injured.The only other reason he may have been dropped is there will be a late withdrawal from the side.It certainly appears that type of selection and if Livo doesn't play, perhaps Denis will trade him in a package deal if he doesn't see him in our best 22? :mad:

Mentallo said:
If i am not mistaken wasn't Livo recruited to be our next CHF? The next Sticks? Was he not an all Australian under 18 FF the year we drafted him?
Then we tried to turn him into a defender ala Justin Leppitch and of course he has had his ups and downs as well as some injuries.
And now just when the guy appears to be geting some confidence back playing in a crap side and playing some reasonable football in a crap side we drop him!
And then i see Prenda still in the starting 18 and think f*** we are s***.

In all fairness though, we did try Livo up forward and he's kicked about 1 goals 6 for his career. Nonetheless he's still a resonable defender. I reckon we should've kept him and played T-Bird in the midfield.

BlueBoy83 said:

Rawlings doesnt even play up forward

Who are the talls in the dogs forward line besides Bandy?

Can you imagine Livo playing on Brad Johnson or R Murphy

He'd be slaughtered

Think about how the opposition will line up FFS.

Its not hard to see why he was dropped :rolleyes:

stokesy said:
Yeh mate I agree. I think Livo could have been given a task to play on a smaller forward, it would be a challenge and a learning curve in his development. I really do help this doesn't dent his confidence.
Please tell me who livo would have played on

His confidence would be dented even more by playing on a smaller forward. Imagine Livo on Brad Johnson - he'd cut him to pieces!

Livo is good for the big full forwards - I dont see any of them in the bulldogs lineup :rolleyes:

Bluemike said:
Please tell me who livo would have played on

His confidence would be dented even more by playing on a smaller forward. Imagine Livo on Brad Johnson - he'd cut him to pieces!

Livo is good for the big full forwards - I dont see any of them in the bulldogs lineup :rolleyes:

Well who the ******** is going to play on Johnson then? Corey McGrath? Who the ******** is going to play on Robbins? Bowyer.

FFS. I'd prefer Livo to have the challenge.

So when Livo has played 149 games, and he comes up against opposition that doesn't have a 'big' forward line player, are we going to drop him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rawlings- is in the team as a backman he will play on one of our 3 talls

livingston- there is no obvious matchup for him, both teams have picked sides with some pace

thornton- has been our best defender, why would we take him out of defence and give him another role.

prenda- in the team as a ruck option, once french is back prenda might struggle

people on this board have been bagging pagan and carlton for having no game plan, needing to change the game plan, still believe we play pagan's paddock all the time.

now we come out and try something different, change things around and once again we start bagging pagan and carlton.

I wouldnt mind seeing how thornton would go running around on a wing, his great out of defensive 50, worth i try i reckon. then Livo could have played on the hack bandy.

I agree its a waste playin bowyer but if Denis wants Thornton on Bandy then there is no match up for livo. Anyone no who he will be playin on in the twos?

ECHUCABOY said:
I wouldnt mind seeing how thornton would go running around on a wing, his great out of defensive 50, worth i try i reckon. then Livo could have played on the hack bandy.

I agree its a waste playin bowyer but if Denis wants Thornton on Bandy then there is no match up for livo. Anyone no who he will be playin on in the twos?

he'll be on sav rocca

A lot of people have made it clear he was dropped due to the doggies not having a match up for him - clearly the case.

Just keep in mind he did hop on the plane with the rest of the team - wouldnt rule him out just yet

juzza316 said:
Livo will probably play, Fev may be the late withdrawal?
how great would it be for livo to kick 12
HS also did make specific mention livo was on the flight and teague was not.
you may be onto something juzza

bibi01 said:
how great would it be for livo to kick 12
HS also did make specific mention livo was on the flight and teague was not.
you may be onto something juzza

Wouldnt be suprised! I heard Bannister was also on the flight.

Livo could kick 12 easily, lol! In all seriousness though his disposal has gone up a notch this year IMO. But he still runs like he's got concrete footy boots!

juzza316 said:
Wouldnt be suprised! I heard Bannister was also on the flight.

Livo could kick 12 easily, lol! In all seriousness though his disposal has gone up a notch this year IMO. But he still runs like he's got concrete footy boots!

Yeh I don't get as worried when Livo has the ball now, his not as bad as he was.

Id be happy if he plays.. If the dogs play there usual dwarf forward line any high balls will be taken by our taller defenders, be up to our midfield then to make sure all balls to there forward line are high balls....

Unfortunately our midfield isnt known these days to apply pressure :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back