Wtf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i can not post a thread that contained several topics without it being merged into the Port v Ess ?
Yes it had some game review stuff but it also had comment on other sides and i had logged back in to add some more from tonight's games as well as some TAC bits.

This bloody obsession with merging threads is going too far and be stuffed if i am going to post if the threads keep getting merged into pages and pages of crap with a few insightful posts in between :thumbsdown:

Maybe some posters that have been around a while deserve the right to be able to start their own thread ?

I say this with all due respect, but did it warrant its own thread?

It was 80% Port/Essendon related, I don't see why it couldn't go in there.

If you wanted to start a new discussion on the trends of the umpires, go for it.

If you wanted to discuss the other matches of the weekend, there's a thread that everybody else seems OK to use.

I seem to recall you up in arms over kelvin doing a very similar thing in years gone by.

I say this with all due respect, but did it warrant its own thread?

It was 80% Port/Essendon related, I don't see why it couldn't go in there.

If you wanted to start a new discussion on the trends of the umpires, go for it.

If you wanted to discuss the other matches of the weekend, there's a thread that everybody else seems OK to use.

I seem to recall you up in arms over kelvin doing a very similar thing in years gone by.

I was not finished with it to start with. I had logged back in to add some comment from tonights games and from the first couple weeks of TAC.

I guess you do not want any TAC Cup comments !

I have not the time to post it in all topics over 6 or 7 threads which grow by 3 or 4 pages each when i can not log in for 3 or 4 days.

You may like generic which is fine.
I would rather see some of our long time posters post their stuff in their own thread if they want.
Hell i never stopped Kelvin from posting weekly rubbish when i was mod.
If no one is interested then it will fall off the page pretty quick.

I was not finished with it to start with. I had logged back in to add some comment from tonights games and from the first couple weeks of TAC.

I guess you do not want any TAC Cup comments !

Thgere is already a non Essendon thread where we discuss other games and if you wanna discuss TAC you should make a thread for it. It could be interesting.

And who decides who is respected? You can't have different rules for different posters.

It clearly belonged in the thread already open.

The mods obviously?

And yes you can, it will improve the quality of the board.

This isn't some precious democracy, the fact is there is a few quality posters and a lot of rubbish posters. I have no problem with the quality posters who go and watch a lot of football and have genuine insight to share with us having their own threads..

I guess you do not want any TAC Cup comments
If anything, having a seperate thread for the TAC Cup stuff on its own would do yourself more justice.

People would know exactly what it was there for, and could go in, read, and post if they were interested.

Same with the umpiring part of your thread. :thumbsu:

It seems almost pointless creating a thread purely to discuss the port/ess review then 2 seconds later making a separate discussion about umpires. I saw nothing wrong with Ant's post warranting its own discussion and even if there was, the thread would have just died down to the bottom of the main page. I think this board is being over-moderated to an extent, and i certainly hope you or the other moderators don't take that the wrong way because you do a great job maintaining and regulating the board. Although i think the filtering of almost every single thread is a bit excessive

The mods obviously?

This isn't some precious democracy, the fact is there is a few quality posters and a lot of rubbish posters. I have no problem with the quality posters who go and watch a lot of football and have genuine insight to share with us having their own threads..

lol yeah ok.

Mods can you post a list of all the respected posters so we know who can and cannot post individual threads on topics which already have threads? :rolleyes:

Maybe whilst they are at it they can post a new set of rules? Obviously, there would need to be different rules which are determined by the quality of the poster.

It's not a democracy after all.

lol yeah ok.

Mods can you post a list of all the respected posters so we know who can and cannot post individual threads on topics which already have threads? :rolleyes:

So you think they're the mods are incapable of using their discretion and common sense to go, hmm heres a thread by Ant who is known for knowing a fair bit about football, I might leave this in its own thread so it's easy to find for those of us who know him by name and want to read what he has to say after a game.

Hmm heres a thread by ZAHARAKISFOREVER2012, doesn't add anything of value might merge it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mods obviously?

Not exactly a glowing statement of invitation for new/semi regular posters. Do you want to be left with a small number of regular posters only?

But if everybody thought Ant's way we'd be swamped with a shedload of threads on same/similar topic. No offence but you're being a bit precious.

Maybe so but i do not have time to post in all the threads and engage in the banter of them all as i am often only on twice a week.
I do not care how precious it sounds or self important but i think after being a long term mod and contributing a fair bit over a long time i am entitled to have a thread that i can log on and read.
If no one wants to read it it will soon disappear into history and what damage will be done.

No, I don't. Obviously you do though, since you're the one compalining about them, umm, using their discretion. :rolleyes:

So you are saying any threads started by me are obviously ****ed so they should be merged ?

Here is an easy one for you, find the ignore button and type in ant555 and you will not have to bloody see it !!

So you are saying any threads started by me are obviously ****ed so they should be merged ?

Here is an easy one for you, find the ignore button and type in ant555 and you will not have to bloody see it !!

lol how on earth did you come to this conclusion? All I am saying is that you are no more special than anyone else on here. Why start a thread when there is already one there specifically for what you wanted to discuss?

In your own words :

Think there where at least 10 discussion points .......

skills not an issue?

poor goal kicking not an issue?

crazy umpiring over the leauge not an issue?

falling down of team defense not an issue ?

stuffing around inside 50 not an issue ?

Everything there is already being discussed in the relevent thread. Basically you wanted to discuss the game but think so much of yourself, or so little of everyone else, that you don't want to have to read any other posts, yet want everyone to read yours.

How about you just start the weekly discussion thread so that you feel more important? Will that make you happy?

lol how on earth did you come to this conclusion? All I am saying is that you are no more special than anyone else on here. Why start a thread when there is already one there specifically for what you wanted to discuss?

In your own words :

Everything there is already being discussed in the relevent thread. Basically you wanted to discuss the game but think so much of yourself, or so little of everyone else, that you don't want to have to read any other posts, yet want everyone to read yours.

How about you just start the weekly discussion thread so that you feel more important? Will that make you happy?

The fact is though, I don't want to have to read any other posts and sometimes only want to read Ant's.

I'm sure I'm not alone here..

Group-Hug.jpg

The fact is though, I don't want to have to read any other posts and sometimes only want to read Ant's.

I'm sure I'm not alone here..

I do too which is why I said a TAC thread would be really interesting. When it comes to after game discussion I like to read everyones posts.

Anyways, he has got his thread now so everyone is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back