Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

Probably one of Dan's better press conferences today

He outlined exactly how the week ahead would be and put into perspective that nothing has fundamental changed in relation to coming out of restrictions on Monday/Tuesday

What lessons do you think can be learned and applied in Australia?

Rwanda is probably most like us in terms of having an organised health system and going for a quick lockdown. I'm confident South Africa's ban on the sale of alcohol wouldn't have gone down well here.

I found their trade-offs more compelling - i.e. lock down / starvation in some places vs lock down / can't play golf in Australia.

Rwanda is probably most like us in terms of having an organised health system and going for a quick lockdown. I'm confident South Africa's ban on the sale of alcohol wouldn't have gone down well here.

I found their trade-offs more compelling - i.e. lock down / starvation in some places vs lock down / can't play golf in Australia.
That doesn't really address my question though.

Does Rwanda have jobkeeper? It's easy to stay home doing nothing but drink and watch press conferences if you're being paid for it.

They are talking about deaths. Economists (well the decent one) tend to be rather numerate.

Another foot in mouth fail from Pinocchio.

More (not that its needed, we know this months ago) evidence that lockdowns are utterly pointless.

Ordering people to stay at home is a futile move which barely reduces Covid infection rates, researchers said yesterday.

The R rate – the key measure of the virus's spread – drops by only 3 per cent after a month of the restriction being in place.

Economists make wrong predictions for a living.

Rubbish. Sweden is the fifth least densely populated of almost 50 European countries, right alongside its neighbours. It has about a fifteenth the density of Belgium. In light of density and geography Finland and Norway are far more apt comparisons.

If you ran the numbers just for Stockholm it all looks a lot worse. Their rural area's , like most countries rural areas not affected as much.

That doesn't really address my question though.

Does Rwanda have jobkeeper? It's easy to stay home doing nothing but drink and watch press conferences if you're being paid for it.

Well, in that case we probably don't have anything to learn from them, but then that's not the point of the article. It can be just about those countries, not us.

Given the early fears about what would happen in Africa, it's interesting to see what actually happened and the variety of how governments handled it. Tanzania sounds like US, Brazil.

Interesting article about logistics rollout roadblocks for vaccines

I think that's part of the reason the Australian Government did the deal with the Oxford / Astra team - the lack of needing cold storage to transport it. Would be doubly true in less wealthy nations. Interestingly, have heard it suggest that the University of Queensland vaccine, when it gets there, might be the one most commonly used - slow and steady.

The timelines are also more in line with the minister on Insiders this morning suggesting it will be 12 months before we get a vaccine, unlike Hunt who thought it would be early next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's part of the reason the Australian Government did the deal with the Oxford / Astra team - the lack of needing cold storage to transport it. Would be doubly true in less wealthy nations. Interestingly, have heard it suggest that the University of Queensland vaccine, when it gets there, might be the one most commonly used - slow and steady.

The timelines are also more in line with the minister on Insiders this morning suggesting it will be 12 months before we get a vaccine, unlike Hunt who thought it would be early next year.
I get the impression that EOY 2021 is realistic. Interesting to note the role that intellectual property and politics play in healthcare during a pandemic. Call me a pessimist, but it's always about the money; on that note, must be time to buy some CSL.

Yes, as the article says plus low obesity rates and rapid reactions by governments. It's the variety of responses that's interesting.
There didn't seem to be any real evidence of a link between the government reactions and outcomes. Interesting that South Africa with the early, stringent lockdown has had nearly 20k deaths while Tanzania, with the same population and minimal reaction, has less than 50.

1ba6fba9b783450d600a82e2bc890b13.jpg

Quite Fitting that you use a baby to counter. considering you are one yourself.

OK
Thanks for posting that brilliant scientific article by T Ruth. ( and you call me a baby ).

How many people would die from taking their own life in a normal year?
Is that meant to be the global situation? Which countries have the most additional suicides?
Are you talking about Australia. If you are there are so few covid deaths right now ( due to the actual actions taken ) that i'm sure its correct but pointless.
SO YES IT IS OK WITH ME. I agree with the actions taken.
You don't .. Stiff s**t you don't get to choose so stick your imbecilic meme up your arse.

Waaa waaaa we are all locked up... Waaa waaaa let me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back