Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The oh-so-empathetic Aztec High Priestesses here must surely be aware that people often wait months or YEARS for their elective surgery - do you know how appalling the mental anguish of it being further delayed for months on end must be?

And often not for any health reason. Just for the BS bureaucratic reasoning of "having the capacity for Covid". Guess what morons, if you have everyone locked up at home, then you don't need eleventy million beds over 3 months solely for Covid.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I see the posts on this forum by absolute nutjobs trying to claim that this virus is just another flu, and that the Victorian premier is akin to Chairman Mao and Hitler at the same time for trying to suppress the infection.
This is driven by right wing activists. Stuff like that has an effect. People think they can ignore the rules because its only the flu.

if you are below the age of 60 it is "only the flu". in fact its generally even softer than the flu.

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So, they chose the most extreme form of locking people up in their homes - Lockdown - but then also prepared for an extreme number of hospitalisations?
Doesn't make sense.

Preparing for an extreme number of hospitalisations made sense if you allowed people to carry on their lives as normal.
We never went into extreme lockdown initially, not here in any event. But irrespective they couldn’t be certain of effects of the restrictions they ran with. As I said they’d never done anything like this before. They were understandably cautious.

I think the more pertinent question here is how many more community transmissions would there be if people were allowed to travel 6km from home or do their nightly jog at 8.30pm. :straining:
Well stage 3 wasn’t working was it? Hence why the move to stage 4 ...again in line with national cabinet strategy, nothing to do with left wing conspiracy.

Why not stop yelling and spitting at your pc and have a nice cup of tea and calm down..repeat there’s no LW conspiracy..........we’ve planned that for another time.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should people be delaying cancer testing because they are scared of catching Covid, where 40-80% of cases are asymptomatic, and even of those with symptoms, most are very mild?

Are you not questioning why they are fearful to that extent? Certainly not rational behaviour if they have other pressing health issues.
So you admit lockdown has nothing to do with people not seeing the doctor then?
Good.

Fear is another thing altogether.
You downplay the severity of it hugely.
Who cares if 80% of people have few issues if youre one of the 20%?

The oh-so-empathetic Aztec High Priestesses here must surely be aware that people often wait months or YEARS for their elective surgery - do you know how appalling the mental anguish of it being further delayed for months on end must be?

And often not for any health reason. Just for the BS bureaucratic reasoning of "having the capacity for Covid". Guess what morons, if you have everyone locked up at home, then you don't need eleventy million beds over 3 months solely for Covid.
Apart from the bits where they emptied nursing homes into hospitals to contain nursing home outbreaks..

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ah. The simpleton's messaging that is so awesome in Victoria seems also to be working on you.

Let me add my magic to your statement: "that this lockdown is saving lives from Covid, but other lockdowns which are not as oppressive have also saved lives from Covid, and that prevention may also be achieved to a great extent with social restrictions, but that we simply don't know yet longer term how many lost life years will be attributed to this lockdown from all other causes".

Maybe you should stop calling people simpletons , morons , etc.
Its like when Jeff Bridges compliments Jim Carey but in reverse.

Our lock down will be over soon. Places like the usa , and europe have not been as effective and will be in and out of lockdowns a lot more than we will be .
Mostly you seem to be posting hysterically driven crap.

Dec 23, 2008
behind enemy lines
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In Australia?
He lives in Australia now but was originally from Croatia (where he got it). Came out here after the Croatian war of independence. He reckons the current restrictions are a duck walk compared to what he endured during the war. Spent 10 weeks in a bunker with 12 others, without adequate food or water and a bucket in the corner for a toilet. The shelling of his village was relentless. Anyway, I guess there’s some perspective for those finding it hard to deal with our current situation.

Last edited:

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe you should stop calling people simpletons , morons , etc.

I think you're all bamboozled (in future please read and follow conversations closely). The poster I was responding to, Clem's Knee, had snidely referred to people like me as "absolute nutjobs", and was talking about Victoria's previously "effective" simple messaging slogans - I was referring to that when I said simpleton's messaging - I didn't call anyone a simpleton. Funny how you're concerned though to jump on a phrase posted subsequently, simpleton's messaging, rather than the original comment itself referring to me and others as absolute nutjobs.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
if you are below the age of 60 it is "only the flu". in fact its generally even softer than the flu.

For the 19365956935649th time, this is not a "flu". It is NOT genetically related to a "flu" in any way.

For some, it is softer than a "flu", for others it is deadly or at least leaves debilitating symptoms months after the virus has cleared.... and this is even the case for many people under the age of 60. Even young people who have had Covid but weren't needed to be hospitalised (considered a mild case), have expressed how horrible they felt with this virus.

We have a vaccine and effective treatments like Tamiflu for the flu. We have absolutely nothing for this virus.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Grow up... how old are you? 15?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
For the 19365956935649th time, this is not a "flu". It is NOT genetically related to a "flu" in any way.

For some, it is softer than a "flu", for others it is deadly or at least leaves debilitating symptoms months after the virus has cleared.... and this is even the case for many people under the age of 60. Even young people who have had Covid but weren't needed to be hospitalised (considered a mild case), have expressed how horrible they felt with this virus.

We have a vaccine and effective treatments like Tamiflu for the flu. We have absolutely nothing for this virus.
Girlfriends cousin got it in London, lots of coughing but she was fine.. unfortunately she's now lost most of her sense of smell.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I'm not the one constantly reducing the discussion into simplistic, childish notions of human sacrifice.
Yes, you are. Your bitching and moaning and hyperbole is on the level of a teenager who didn't get their latest playstation game. There's no relevance in anything you say, nor do you have any understanding about what you are talking about. Stop throwing the toys out the pram and grow up to see the issues properly instead of taking Avi Yemini sound bites as reality.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First it was PHE overcounting deaths in the UK and now this. Whilst its convenient just to blame this on incompetent public servants its hard not to think that there has been a deliberate policy of massively overstating the seriousness of this virus.

NUMBERS of patients in Scottish hospitals with Covid-19 were being dramatically overplayed by around 80 per cent, it emerged today.

Nicola Sturgeon said a review of the counting system had led to the dramatic fall in the official tally.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You had Boris deliberately overstating the numbers of Covid tests being done. Any thoughts on that?

Boris knows full well he stuffed up by going in to lockdown. He is now pretending that we are on the cusp of a second wave in order to justify his utterly absurd policies

There is a chap called Carl Heneghan from Oxford who is finally getting some traction and made PHE change its death count and also apparently change the number of cycles on the PCR testing to give less false postives.

ie less deaths, less cases and now as per link dramatically less patients in Scottish hospitals.

There is a chap called Carl Heneghan from Oxford who is finally getting some traction and made PHE change its death count and also apparently change the number of cycles on the PCR testing to give less false postives.

ie less deaths, less cases and now as per link dramatically less patients in Scottish hospitals.
It’s almost like science is happening.

And Boris’s main mistake was not going into lockdown earlier so it would be over quicker. Then lying about tests, blowing money on private companies doing track and trace.

They were late, they were loose, and they tried to cover up with PR.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
It’s almost like science is happening.

And Boris’s main mistake was not going into lockdown earlier so it would be over quicker. Then lying about tests, blowing money on private companies doing track and trace.

They were late, they were loose, and they tried to cover up with PR.
No no, Lockdown causes medusala's investment profits to go down. Profits > people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back