Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

No surprise with UK, Italy and Belgium when you take into account pop density and movement (incl Spain). Sweden shouldn’t be anywhere near. Same as France and a fifth of Germany..terrible for Sweden, a failure by any other standards. Plus their test rates were also terrible considering number of infections ...maybe deliberately, who knows.

Test rates and 'infections' are irrelevant. The BBC had big headlines that Ronaldo 'recovered from Coronavirus'. He was never sick.

Why did you ignore what I posted that deaths in Sweden for Covid-19 are insignificant compared to countries that are have imposed and now imposing new lockdowns?

1604091804068.png

No surprise with UK, Italy and Belgium when you take into account pop density and movement (incl Spain). Sweden shouldn’t be anywhere near. Same as France and a fifth of Germany..terrible for Sweden, a failure by any other standards. Plus their test rates were also terrible considering number of infections ...maybe deliberately, who knows.

That's from a health perspective, economically, socially, they've faired better than the rest of Europe. I'm not advocating their approach - but you can't draw a conclusion based on health outcomes alone.

Test rates and 'infections' are irrelevant. The BBC had big headlines that Ronaldo 'recovered from Coronavirus'. He was never sick.
They are extremely relevant. Ronaldo might not have been sick, but he might well have passed it on to someone who became very sick. Particularly if he didn’t know he had the virus. This is precisely what makes this disease so insidious, and precisely why testing rates are so important.

That's from a health perspective, economically, socially, they've faired better than the rest of Europe. I'm not advocating their approach - but you can't draw a conclusion based on health outcomes alone.
Compared to their neighbours they have not fared better economically, it’s been debated here many times.

They are extremely relevant. Ronaldo might not have been sick, but he might well have passed it on to someone who became very sick. Particularly if he didn’t know he had the virus. This is precisely what makes this disease so insidious, and precisely why testing rates are so important.

Up to 50% of flu infections are asymptomatic. We don't lose our minds every flu season.

He could have ‘recommended’ more restrictions but didn’t. Quarantine could have been ‘recommended’. Their legal system has clearly failed their elderly.

Spain, UK, Belgium, Italy have more deaths per 100k than Sweden. France has about the same. Each one of these countries, and most other European countries, have had a large recent spike in Covid-19 deaths. Sweden has not.

View attachment 999331
Deaths lag infections. I've used my time machine and I can tell you what the future charts look like.

sweden.jpg

He could have ‘recommended’ more restrictions but didn’t. Quarantine could have been ‘recommended’. Their legal system has clearly failed their elderly.
How many Western nations haven't failed in some respects? NZ seem to have come out relatively unscathed so far, but I can't think of any others.

BBC World News
Covid: Melbourne's hard-won success after a marathon lockdown

Melbourne's grinding second coronavirus lockdown began in the chill of winter.

In early July, the nights were long and dark, and Australia's cultural capital was confronting the terrifying reality of another deadly wave of infections.

More than 110 days later, experts say it is emerging as a world leader in disease suppression alongside places including Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, New Zealand and Hong Kong.

Up to 50% of flu infections are asymptomatic. We don't lose our minds every flu season.
Again with the flu...for the zillionth time, this is not the flu.

You want avoid lockdowns and heavy restrictions, fine. Test heavily and have a rigorous contact tracing system.

Again with the flu...for the zillionth time, this is not the flu.

What you said.

Ronaldo might not have been sick, but he might well have passed it on to someone who became very sick. Particularly if he didn’t know he had the virus. This is precisely what makes this disease so insidious, and precisely why testing rates are so important.​
What I said.

Up to 50% of flu infections are asymptomatic.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you said.

Ronaldo might not have been sick, but he might well have passed it on to someone who became very sick. Particularly if he didn’t know he had the virus. This is precisely what makes this disease so insidious, and precisely why testing rates are so important.​
What I said.

So you don't you don't yet understand why health authorities around the world are approaching this differently from the flu?

Last edited:
No they haven't. They faired worse than their neighbours if not the same. Please don't listen to sorted and his lack of facts.

Deaths lag infections. I've used my time machine and I can tell you what the future charts look like.

View attachment 999342
They have had an infection spike in Sweden without deaths (would have expected deaths to increase by now).

So you don't you don't yet understand why health authorities around the world are approaching this differently from the flu?

Some of it is evidence based, some of it seems to be political, some based on poor data and modelling.

AFAIK we have never maintained counts of flu cases that are asymptomatic and used that to base public policy for lockdowns, masks etc.

Last edited:
Some of it is evidence based, some of it seems to be political, some based on poor data and modelling.

AFIIK we have never maintained counts of flu cases that are asymptomatic and used that to base public policy for lockdowns, masks etc.
No nation as far as I’m aware is taking the view testing rates are irrelevant.

“It's crucial of course to help treat, isolate or hospitalize people who are infected. Testing also is important in the bigger public health picture on mitigation efforts, helping investigators characterize the prevalence, spread and contagiousness of the disease.”

Last edited:
What you said.

What I said.

You’ve missed the “we don’t lose our minds every flu season”, which justifies their comment.

In terms of health outcomes you also need to consider lost education, DV spikes, mental health and self harm increases, decreased cancer screening etc. caused by lockdown.

Dan Andrews been asked to join an emergency zoom meeting with World Leaders on how to combat the second wave.

No rest and no beers for Dan.
"Slap masks on 'em, impose a curfew, lock 'em down 23 hours a day for 4 months, close everything, including your ears. "

1604105967635.png

"By the way I can recommend a reliable security company to help out at your quarantine hotels..."

"Slap masks on 'em, impose a curfew, lock 'em down 23 hours a day for 4 months, close everything, including your ears. "

View attachment 999463

"By the way I can recommend a reliable security company to help out at your quarantine hotels..."

Have you considered a career in politics? If you can feign empathy, you'd probably get 50% of the vote in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back