Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

I don't understand any of that either, because over all mortailty for the year in the USA and UK is lower than previous years.
Not to mention that in those countries all other causes of death except covid are dramatically down.
Look at Australia right now the flu has been eradicated.

Clearly, you any many others are way too smart for me because I can't figure how any of this makes a blind bit of sense.
I must have a really low IQ or something
Eradicated means that something has been wiped out entirely, not having less of something, so the flu has not been eradicated. By other causes of death, are you referring to car accidents, workplace accidents, murder etc.? If people are going out less, then those will be decreased too. I know you think this is just a "little flu" (you're not Bolsonaro by any chance are you?), but the death rate is already higher than that of the flu and let's not ignore the ongoing health problems that survivors are still having to deal with.

I don't understand any of that either, because over all mortailty for the year in the USA and UK is lower than previous years.
Not to mention that in those countries all other causes of death except covid are dramatically down.
Look at Australia right now the flu has been eradicated.

Clearly, you any many others are way too smart for me because I can't figure how any of this makes a blind bit of sense.
I must have a really low IQ or something
Somehow, gunshot deaths are still heading towards above average in the US. 😯😯

Eradicated means that something has been wiped out entirely, not having less of something, so the flu has not been eradicated. By other causes of death, are you referring to car accidents, workplace accidents, murder etc.? If people are going out less, then those will be decreased too. I know you think this is just a "little flu" (you're not Bolsonaro by any chance are you?), but the death rate is already higher than that of the flu and let's not ignore the ongoing health problems that survivors are still having to deal with.
There are links in the preivous posts to australian government sites: the flu is down to unprecedented levels. And COvid deaths at 111 over 4 months is annualised 333 - no where near annual flu deaths from 1000 to 3000 each year.

Being as totally stupid as I am, I may have got something wrong please point it out for me.

There are links in the preivous posts to australian government sites: the flu is down to unprecedented levels. And COvid deaths at 111 over 4 months is annualised 333 - no where near annual flu deaths from 1000 to 3000 each year.

Being as totally stupid as I am, I may have got something wrong please point it out for me.
Next year's flu season should be huge. 2000 or so that were meant to die this year didn't. So they'll kark it with the class of 2021.

You're not wrong that flu numbers are down this year, and also that our COVID deaths are low compared to other countries. Why do you think that might be?

Next year's flu season should be huge. 2000 or so that were meant to die this year didn't. So they'll kark it with the class of 2021.
I am stupid right, because there doesn't seem to be much wriggle room here. Either the world has gone completely insane, ignoring the most obvious facts or I have become deranged. I actually would be happier with the later.

Very misleading to look at just the death rate.

A % of people who 'recover' from COVID do not reach 100%. Long term effects are still unknown but there is growing evidence of serious damage to blood vessels, the kidneys, the brain and the heart. I dare say a significant percentage of these people will not return to the quality of life that they experienced before becoming unwell.
So that’s an opinion.

The UK likewise has had two mild winters and less than normal flu deaths. Thus many people survived that ordinarily would not have. If the northern hemisphere has a bad winter there could be utter chaos in some countries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back