Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

People arguing for closed borders even for returning Australians must have such a narrow world view.

Basically forcing people to decide whether to dump and run on jobs, family members, overseas rent or other commitments. The pool of Australians on holidays around the world will now be ridiculously small.

People arguing for closed borders even for returning Australians must have such a narrow world view.

Basically forcing people to decide whether to dump and run on jobs, family members, overseas rent or other commitments. The pool of Australians on holidays around the world will now be ridiculously small.

So long as other states begin taking their fare share of these returnees instead of dumping all of them in Melbourne and Sydney the moment they land and the locals suffering the consequences of having these infected individuals quarantined in their respective cities, I have no problem with them coming back.

The reason why other places have almost eradicated this virus it's because Melbourne and Sydney have acted as a quarantined buffer from international arrivals who carry the virus. It's about time Melbourne in particular was given the opportunity to properly do that as well and redirecting new arrivals elsewhere would go a long way in helping to achieve that.

So long as other states begin taking their fare share of these returnees instead of dumping all of them in Melbourne and Sydney the moment they land and the locals suffering the consequences of having these infected individuals quarantined in their respective cities, I have no problem with them coming back.

The reason why other places have almost eradicated this virus it's because Melbourne and Sydney have acted as a quarantined buffer from international arrivals who carry the virus. It's about time Melbourne in particular was given the opportunity to properly do that as well and redirecting new arrivals elsewhere would go a long way in helping to achieve that.
Can you show some evidence of the numbers that quarantined in the various states.

International arrivals have basically no contact with the outside world for 14 days. NSW and Victoria have large populations so it goes without saying that you would have more arrivals. I have a hard time believing that international arrivals are the main cause of the current problems in Victoria. WA has had a trickle of international cases for months now which have caused no issue.

International arrivals have basically no contact with the outside world for 14 days. NSW and Victoria have large populations so it goes without saying that you would have more arrivals. I have a hard time believing that international arrivals are the main cause of the current problems in Victoria. WA has had a trickle of international cases for months now which have caused no issue.

They are supposed to have no contact with the outside world, in Victoria the DHHS’s failure to enforce quarantine properly hasn’t meant that isn’t the case and it is absolutely the primary source of Victoria’s problems.

They are supposed to have no contact with the outside world, in Victoria the DHHS’s failure to enforce quarantine properly hasn’t meant that isn’t the case and it is absolutely the primary source of Victoria’s problems.
Have we not enforced quarantine properly or has the cleaning regime been inadequate... I thought security guards had been infected, which means the cleaning hasn't been as good as it should be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have we not enforced quarantine properly or has the cleaning regime been inadequate... I thought security guards had been infected, which means the cleaning hasn't been as good as it should be

Security guards have been infected because they aren’t enforcing quarantine properly, that includes not handling quarantine materials correctly. Having $13 an hour security guards handle quarantine without oversight is the height of stupidity by the Andrews government.

Security guards have been infected because they aren’t enforcing quarantine properly, that includes not handling quarantine materials correctly. Having $13 an hour security guards handle quarantine without oversight is the height of stupidity by the Andrews government.

Yep if you buy a car and the wheels fall of , you don't blame some random worker in china who didn't know how to do it.

A gathering of 14 in Melbourne broke rules to celebrate the end of Ramadan a month ago, causing cluster outbreak.
Shhh. You can’t post that on this board as you might be accused of racial profiling.

Even if everyone at that gathering was a bunch of f***wits.

Wonder if they were able to lay out fines to the 14, or is it too delicate an issue.

Shhh. You can’t post that on this board as you might be accused of racial profiling.

Wonder if they were able to lay out fines to the 14, or is it too delicate an issue.

Bring it on. :)

It was ok to profile the Apsen crew who returned to Melbourne, including photos of the individuals all over the TV.

Four hours after the post, the only person mentioning "racial profiling" is you.

Think about it.

Four hours after the post, the only person mentioning "racial profiling" is you.

Think about it.
Yeah I noticed that. Also noticed that there weren’t many posters who thought it was worth discussing. Wonder why that is?

Think about that.

....and now they're saying that McKenna did not have a false positive reading, which raises even more questions.

IMO, their testing is no good. No way could McKenna test negative, then 24 hours later test positive, and then 24 hours later again test negative. The adaptive immune system does not engage that quickly.

There's only one other possibility, and that is that McKenna already had existing anti-bodies that recognized Sars-CoV-2 epitopes. A matter which I have posted about some time back that has attracted little engagement.

Meanwhile, remdesivir is in 3rd phase trials:

There's only one other possibility, and that is that McKenna already had existing anti-bodies that recognized Sars-CoV-2 epitopes. A matter which I have posted about some time back that has attracted little engagement.

Yeah, about that. Posting a screenshot with a key phrase highlighted is not very engaging.

You need to learn to communicate better Snake. Be more like Greta.

....and now they're saying that McKenna did not have a false positive reading, which raises even more questions.

IMO, their testing is no good. No way could McKenna test negative, then 24 hours later test positive, and then 24 hours later again test negative. The adaptive immune system does not engage that quickly.

Meanwhile, remdesivir is in 3rd phase trials:

Its Essendon, they could be just cheating.

The security guards in WA who were infected were taking the people in quarantine outside having smoko with them. That's not a failure of policy, it is a breach of policy. Perhaps they could employ smarter people to be in security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back