Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Now we have both off-shore and inner-city gulags.
Those in gulags would have given anything to spend 5 days inside their own homes instead. You’re a deadset dickhead

Ever since the news came out that not one case has been picked up by covidsafe that wasn't detected by normal contact tracing, I haven't had one message on my phone from government about turning Bluetooth on so covidsafe can work. I used to get these messages everyday.

Amazing how bad press changes things but even more amazing what a waste of time effort and money the covidsafe app was.

Ever since the news came out that not one case has been picked up by covidsafe that wasn't detected by normal contact tracing, I haven't had one message on my phone from government about turning Bluetooth on so covidsafe can work. I used to get these messages everyday.

Amazing how bad press changes things but even more amazing what a waste of time effort and money the covidsafe app was.

I liked how the fact that the app wasn't on the US iTunes Store and so couldn't be downloaded by those of us with accounts there was mentioned as something they were working on a month ago, and still isn't there.

How you know? Coz they said so. Let’s see how this plays out.

Agreed. One of the govt health stooges said that these blocks of flats were like vertical cruise ships - how long was that one stuck in Yokohama?

Surely could not be less than hotel quarantine ie 14 days, so the govt is blatantly lying.

Maybe they will quietly get some experienced very old German chaps in and just gas all the residents.

Agreed. One of the govt health stooges said that these blocks of flats were like vertical cruise ships - how long was that one stuck in Yokohama?

Surely could not be less than hotel quarantine ie 14 days, so the govt is blatantly lying.

Maybe they will quietly get some experienced very old German chaps in and just gas all the residents.

5 days to test everyone and get the results.

Seems reasonable to me.

5 days to test everyone and get the results.

Seems reasonable to me.
What happened to the 14 day incubation period for the virus?

By that thinking you might as well do the same with those in hotel quarantine. Test them and if it comes negative let them out.

What happened to the 14 day incubation period for the virus?

By that thinking you might as well do the same with those in hotel quarantine. Test them and if it comes negative let them out.

They are reassessing after 5 days. It's a pretty simple concept.

Gather data, look at data. Which part are you having trouble with?

They are reassessing after 5 days. It's a pretty simple concept.

Gather data, look at data. Which part are you having trouble with?
The same part where hotel quarantines are 14 days for a reason, yet they think 5 days will be enough for apartment block with known positive cases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same part where hotel quarantines are 14 days for a reason, yet they think 5 days will be enough for apartment block with known positive cases.

They said at least 5 days. At the 5 day mark, once the test results are in, they reassess.

Best case scenario, it could be as simple as supplying masks, sanitizer and providing some education/support.

They said at least 5 days. At the 5 day mark, once the test results are in, they reassess.

Best case scenario, it could be as simple as supplying masks, sanitizer and providing some education/support.

Yep, 5 days, and they know if the place is riddled with it, or if its only a handful.
If its only a handful, no need to lock down the entire complex.

Teacher:
Now boys and girls to get a percentage you need two numbers: a numerator and a denominator.
For example, If there is only 1 death in 100 cases that would be a 1% fatality rate. Now, If we increase the case numbers to 1,000 and the death rate is unchanged, what happens to the fatality rate percentage? Johnny, does it increase or decrease?

Student: I don't know but it's scary

Teacher:
Now boys and girls to get a percentage you need two numbers: a numerator and a denominator.
For example, If there is only 1 death in 100 cases that would be a 1% fatality rate. Now, If we increase the case numbers to 1,000 and the death rate is unchanged, what happens to the fatality rate percentage? Johnny, does it increase or decrease?

Student: I don't know but it's scary

4.33333%

Here's the maths for USA

I disagree with what Pauline said about them all being drug addicts or alcoholics and the languages they speak, but as she says use some common sense. They’re getting food supplies - they’re gonna make it through, like get a grip and harden up. It’s five days. Seriously how soft are we that an apartment building locked down for five days is the end of the world.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I disagree with what Pauline said about them all being drug addicts or alcoholics and the languages they speak, but as she says use some common sense. They’re getting food supplies - they’re gonna make it through, like get a grip and harden up. It’s five days. Seriously how soft are we that an apartment building locked down for five days is the end of the world.

Unless they are seriously crammed in, ( ie a family of 7 in a 2 bedroom apartment ) i'd have thought it would be better to be isolated in your own home, with your own stuff, than stuck in a hotel room like the returned travellers or a room without windows on a cruise ship.

I don't care if they resent the fact that someone has spread Coronavirus into their building , i'd be shitty too, but its an "IS" and it needs to be dealt with.

They would never have got through WWII and we weren't even at the pointy end

127 new cases in VIC, 1 man in his 90’s has sadly died. VIC-NSW border to close tomorrow.
Apparently many more cases detected in the housing towers so it sounds like the total lockdown may be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back