Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
- 6 weeks

- Melbourne entirely, regional vic (i believe) Mitchell Shire only

- no allowance for holiday homes, must stay at primary residence

- fitness activities must be local, no allowance for melbourne metro exercising in country vic

- i believe cafes and restaurants return to takeaway only

Thanks for that. Feel sorry for many employees and small business owners who are yet again closed down until mid-August.

ScoMo will be very unhappy.

Lucky the AFL teams got out of there.

Is this lockdown just in Melbourne or across Victoria?

Does this mean pubs, cafes, restaurants etc all close again?

The Melbourne area ( all of the suburbs ) and Mitchell Shire, which is immediately north of some of the Hotspot suburbs.
Yes Pub's Cafe's closed again.

As of 6th July 2020 Australia Coronavirus

Tests 2,759,165
Positive 8,586
Deaths 106
Average Age of Victims 82
Life expectancy in Australia 82

Probability of infection Percentage 0.31
Probability of death Percentage 0.0038

68 of the 106 deaths occurred in nursing homes/aged care facilities

38 Deaths across all Australia attributed to Covid19 for people not living in nursing homes/care facilities

Probability of death for those not living in nursing homes/care facilities - Percentage 0.0014

You'd probably be best to stop banging on about that crap, and just do what the government suggests, so we can stop having this lockdown.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does anyone know someone who has/has had it? I'd like to hear some more information from the coalface, as it were. How did it affect you? How long did it last? Was it like any other virus you've had? Etc.

A woman was interviewed in Qld, who'd had it badly enough to require hospitalisation. After 100 days she was discharged but was not fully recovered, she said. She, as well as Boris and Prince Charles, report the effects as lingering.

Doubt you'll find any... we all live in mum's basement and never see the light of day apparently

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
What if we don't get a vaccine?
Then lockdown does give us time to do the following:
1) More palatable, self-service testing schemes - my partner (who works in the field) tells me that a saliva sample test is looking promising
2) Great capacity to execute huge test numbers
3) Better treatment protocols for those with COVID
4) Better treatment capacity for those with COVID - i.e. ventilators, beds for plane position, etc

And yes, as others point out, it may evolve into something more or less benign.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Then lockdown does give us time to do the following:
1) More palatable, self-service testing schemes - my partner (who works in the field) tells me that a saliva sample test is looking promising
2) Great capacity to execute huge test numbers
3) Better treatment protocols for those with COVID
4) Better treatment capacity for those with COVID - i.e. ventilators, beds for plane position, etc

And yes, as others point out, it may evolve into something more or less benign.

5) prepare for mass unemployment and business failures caused by lockdown.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You'd probably be best to stop banging on about that crap, and just do what the government suggests, so we can stop having this lockdown.
How is republishing government facts defying the government or extending the lockdown?
Are you having a stroke

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Group thinking is like ideology. It has it's own narrative and is deaf to all contentious facts: Jesus is the son of God, the earth is flat, the germans are the master race, the workers of the world will unite and Covid19 is a pandemic. In each case, when enough people believed, those who challenged the belief were deemed heretics, sub-human, traitors, or whatever abuse was most likely to persuade the majority to ignore them and hate them.

Across the Western World, well educated and highly pampered immature minds covered in white skin protest for a movement coined Black Lives Matter. Any protests against the covid19 lockdown or isolation are condemned as inspired by deranged anti-vaccers and 5G freaks. But much larger BLM protests are defended and endorsed during this period of isolation.

The problem of dumbing down the population is that over the course of sufficient time everyone must become dumber. Human intelligence requires the challenge of theory in practice. If you develop an education system that enshrines the mass practice of lies and dissemblance, after a while, nobody knows where the lies end and the truth begins. Carry on like that long enough and delusions and neurosis becomes ubiquitous.

Welcome to 2020, where the richest man on earth looks and behaves like the Gollum character from the Lord of the Rings fantasy. Bill Gates is now a mere symbol clutching at a Vial marked Vaccine, exclaiming "my precious." This now defines him. It's tragic to be the richest man in the world and to be so small, so lacking in character that you chuckle at the consequences of a global economic lockdown; to be so rich and so conceited, to not appreciate that the consequences of this far exceeds any viral threat and are so unpredictable and so huge that he may need to spend the balance of his life in hiding.

All our rich oligarch tycoons are equally as crewed up and dysfunctional as Bill. However, super smart they are in their chosen fields, they posses an equally super level of stupidity outside their own domains. I mean astonishing inbred idiocy.

To prove how widespread this idiocy has become, consider that not only did he win but for nigh on 4 years Donald Trump has virtually singlehandedly defied the combined global hate of virtually every media, his own bureaucracy, the intelligence agencies, etcetera... This immeasurable cretinism is now engrained for at least a generation or maybe three. With our dangerous technological might, the world can't survive that long with so much incompetence..

Mass idiocy is revealing itself across the globe spreading far faster and wider than any virus. While the mass media continue to perform their puppet show to an ever diminishing and increasingly skeptical audience; they will not tell you is that BLM, Antifa, PC, and Identity politics are now all in critical and terminal conditions.

We are in dire straits.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Group thinking is an ideology. It has it's own narrative and is deaf to all contentious facts: Jesus is the son of God, the earth is flat, the germans are the master race, the workers of the world will unite and Covid19 is a pandemic. In each case, when enough people believed, those who challenged the belief were deemed heretics, sub-human, traitors, or whatever abuse was most likely to persuade the majority to ignore them and hate them.

Across the Western World, well educated and highly pampered immature minds covered in white skin protest for a movement coined Black Lives Matter. Any protests against the covid19 lockdown or isolation are condemned as inspired by deranged anti-vaccers and 5G freaks. But much larger BLM protests are defended and endorsed during this period of isolation.

The problem of dumbing down the population is that over the course of sufficient time everyone must become dumber. Human intelligence requires the challenge of theory in practice. If you develop an education system that enshrines the mass practice of lies and dissemblance, after a while, nobody knows where the lies end and the truth begins. Carry on like that long enough and delusions and neurosis becomes ubiquitous.

Welcome to 2020, where the richest man on earth looks and behaves like the Gollum character from the Lord of the Rings fantasy. Bill Gates is now a mere symbol clutching at a Vial marked Vaccine, exclaiming "my precious." This now defines him. It's tragic to be the richest man in the world and to be so small, so lacking in character that you chuckle at the consequences of a global economic lockdown; to be so rich and so conceited, to not appreciate that the consequences of this far exceeds any viral threat and are so unpredictable and so huge that he may need to spend the balance of his life in hiding.

All our rich oligarch tycoons are equally as crewed up and dysfunctional as Bill. However, super smart they are in their chosen fields, they posses an equally super level of stupidity outside their own domains. I mean astonishing inbred idiocy.

To prove how widespread this idiocy has become, consider that not only did he win but for nigh on 4 years Donald Trump has virtually singlehandedly defied the combined global hate of virtually every media, his own bureaucracy, the intelligence agencies, etcetera... This immeasurable is now engrained for at least a generation of three. With our technological might, the world can't survive that long.

Mass idiocy is revealing itself across the globe spreading far faster and wider than any virus could hope. While the mass media continue to perform their puppet show to an ever diminishing and increasingly skeptical audience; they will not tell you is that BLM, Antifa, PC, and Identity politics are now all in critical and terminal conditions.

We are in dire straits.

Paleo Pete strikes again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Yeah exactly. I feel like a lot of us Australians are not taking social distancing seriously. Swap the people in the commission towers with those in outer suburbs and I still think that we may see those in the commission towers still having more cases because of close interactions purely because of proximity.
Maybe there’s a reason for that.

freebloke

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
How is everyone's experience of the Covid Safe app?

Yesterday, I went to see some work people after a very long time as it couldn't be avoided. As the day was ending, the message came up saying "open Covid Safe app. No interactions noticed in 48 hours"

Seriously, on the very first day in months where I've had larger interactions - it failed.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney

Yesterday, I went to see some work people after a very long time as it couldn't be avoided. As the day was ending, the message came up saying "open Covid Safe app. No interactions noticed in 48 hours"

Seriously, on the very first day in months where I've had larger interactions - it failed.
Does that "no interactions noted" mean you haven't had contact with anyone or you haven't had contact with anyone who is reported to have the disease? If it is the latter, and the work people you saw haven't got the disease, or at least haven't reported it to the system, then that message would be accurate...

I'm speaking from Germany, so using the local tracking app and not the Australian one. The one here only notifies you of interactions with known cases, so maybe the Australian is the same?

Yeah, I’ve had that message too. I still don’t know if you have to physically open the app every time you go out, or if it just works in the background, like location does. Obviously if you have to have it open, you can’t do anything else on your phone... can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back