Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
es I do. Do you know how to read?

For everyone else
Fair enough I still think it’s a ******* ridiculous overreaction from a trigger happy cop in light of all the bullshit happening everywhere in terms of blatantly ignoring restrictions.
And a bit of a tip “can I read?” Don’t cry at people for calling you an idiot if you’re going to be a smartarse yourself.

It's what you said.

At least your derangement is providing some amusement in these grey days.

I remember reading what Roby said, Here it is;

We're celebrating the fact we had for the second consecutive day a record day of deaths, which included a health worker and mother? Amazing.

Each one of those deaths had a family that lives them and a tragedy we couldn't prevent.

Like DCMO Paul Kelly today glossed over the fact that 39 people died today (it was actually 40 so he got that wrong as well) and then said but it's promising! No condolences to the familylies, no sorrow. fu**head. Should resign like the Scottish CMO.

Initially I thought as you did - 39 people died today? 40? Bullshit. But then I realised that he meant that 'today Paul Kelly glossed over the fact that 39 people died'. As in he made the statement today, not that 39/40 people died today. I don't think he meant to write that second 'today' at all.

Initially I thought as you did - 39 people died today? 40? Bullshit. But then I realised that he meant that 'today Paul Kelly glossed over the fact that 39 people died'. As in he made the statement today, not that 39/40 people died today. I don't think he meant to write that second 'today' at all.

second consecutive day a record day of deaths ?

Thanks for that. I would guess we have a low percentage admitted because we test a lot.

Think about how this is going pan out in India or Indonesia. it's going to be absolutely terrible.
Indonesia is not faring well by all accounts - unprepared, and many people still performing traditional Islamic burial rights which involves unwrapping the plastic from the bodies delivered by the state coroner, and washing it in the home with families all around it. Java is densely populated too.

It's what you said.

At least your derangement is providing some amusement in these grey days.

You still think that a person believed there was forty deaths in one day in Australia, a person that has been following it and ahead of the numbers of the DCMO and CMO (who said 44 today and another wrong AGAIN) and the PM said 42 in the same press conference. Absolutely and utterly insane.

That second study sounds like one that is deliberetely only trying to focus on negative consequences of work and travel. Does it also account for increased deaths and reduced quality of life caused by increased malnutrition, suicide, domestic violence, family breakdowns and stress which all rise signficantly during a major recession let alone depression.

Plenty of anecdotal evidence more people are excersising outside. maybe its just those whod be in gyms, or maybe people are saying 'I'm having my fair share of outside time thanks'

Daily confirmed cases are down... but so are tests. Not putting a whole lot of faith in our 'mass testing' when it appears they must still be heavily restricting who has access to them based on the reported numbers of tests. Could have sworn we were doing 15,000 / day the other week?

7d15267cef.png

Daily confirmed cases are down... but so are tests. Not putting a whole lot of faith in our 'mass testing' when it appears they must still be heavily restricting who has access to them based on the reported numbers of tests. Could have sworn we were doing 15,000 / day the other week?

7d15267cef.png
It is worth noting that the 5,749 for today seemingly only includes stats for NSW, QLD, ACT and Tassie as the others are yet to report a number. Chuck the others in there and it’s probably closer to 8,000 (which I agree should still be higher).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"In a sad, cautionary tale of willful ignorance and hubris, Karen Kolb Sehlke is dead from COVID-19" <- quote from article.

She ignored the basic social distancing measures advised by medical professionals. It does provide a cautionary tale against ignoring professional advice.

Where in that article is there proof that this woman died wholly and solely from covid-19? There isn't, that article is speculative and opinionated and the 'proof' is as you said a quote from the article.

She probably did ignore the measures, not the point. It's a 'told you so' scribe.

I'll pass when it comes to microbial infections thanks.

The bugs could be initiating their own placebo responses to combat my placebo response. :D :thumbsu:

I wouldn't bother replying to someone who has the comprehension ability of a b cell receptor.

Fair enough I still think it’s a ******* ridiculous overreaction from a trigger happy cop in light of all the bullshit happening everywhere in terms of blatantly ignoring restrictions.
And a bit of a tip “can I read?” Don’t cry at people for calling you an idiot if you’re going to be a smartarse yourself.

Ironic. Read your own posts but I'll guess you'll come up with another like post. 👍

Obviously.

second consecutive day a record day of deaths ?

You're deliberately trolling or you are just obtuse today, as of today and up until today.
When everyone dies they turn to ghosts. I think that's what he means.

You can go for a drive it just costs you $1600. Your choice really.

So many idiots don't seem to understand that distancing stops the virus from spreading. We've known this for thousands of years.

No point easing restrictions because will just be back to square one and in a worse place than before.

It seems nobody wants to count the deaths anymore.

We've had our youngest victim today and we're up to 39 deaths and it's doubling every six days.

Look at New Zealand who are on more strict lockdown, they have one death albeit a smaller population, but even taking into account per capita NZ is still doing FIVE TIMES BETTER THAN US.

It's obvious what the best option is. Kiwis will be out of their house before we will.

Think about how this is going pan out in India or Indonesia. it's going to be absolutely terrible.

News just in of deaths in the Dharavi slum in Mumbai. A million people crammed into an area 25% smaller than Melbourne's CBD.

"We are talking about a slum where 10-12 people live in 10x10 feet tin hutments. You can't expect them to sit at home all day long," Vinod Shetty, director of a sanitation workers’ non-profit told India’s NDTV. "They pay 25 rupees (33 US cents) for a gallon of water, you'll tell them to wash their hands frequently. Eighty people share a public toilet, you'll tell them to not leave their house. How is that possible?"

My point will not be made until this is done.
Think of it as a conscientious objection - to indefinite house arrest.
Hardly a controversial response at any other time in history

The numb skulls in government need to place a definitive end date on this - and like yesterday

Explain how the government puts an end date on something that changes daily and weekly. If we say "no restrictions from 1st June" but then the numbers of cases are sitting at 50,000 with ICU's being overwhelmed, would you, in your mighty wisdom, allow them to renege? Or would that upset your liberties?

7d15267cef.png

Yes we were. I replied to you earlier this morning and said the same thing.

“Oh, we shall persuade them that they will only become free when they renounce their freedom to us, and submit to us. And shall we be right, or shall we be lying? They will be convinced that we are right … Receiving bread from us, they will see clearly that we take the bread made by their hands from them – [only] to give it back to them … In truth they will be more thankful for taking it from our hands – than for the bread itself! Too well, will they know the value of complete submission! We shall show them that they are weak, that they are only pitiful children, but that childlike happiness is the sweetest of all.

“We will indulge them their sins; allow them to occupy themselves with their vices. We will monitor everything, regulate everything, order and legislate for everything – and be their conscience too – so that they do not have to trouble themselves to think, overly; or, to be obliged to make decisions. They exist only to serve us, the élite who rule over them: The millions, numerous as the sands of the sea, who are weak, must exist only for the élite, who rule over them. In this mystery, says the Grand Inquisitor, “lies the great secret of the world”.

The Bothers Karamazov

“Oh, we shall persuade them that they will only become free when they renounce their freedom to us, and submit to us. And shall we be right, or shall we be lying? They will be convinced that we are right … Receiving bread from us, they will see clearly that we take the bread made by their hands from them – [only] to give it back to them … In truth they will be more thankful for taking it from our hands – than for the bread itself! Too well, will they know the value of complete submission! We shall show them that they are weak, that they are only pitiful children, but that childlike happiness is the sweetest of all.

“We will indulge them their sins; allow them to occupy themselves with their vices. We will monitor everything, regulate everything, order and legislate for everything – and be their conscience too – so that they do not have to trouble themselves to think, overly; or, to be obliged to make decisions. They exist only to serve us, the élite who rule over them: The millions, numerous as the sands of the sea, who are weak, must exist only for the élite, who rule over them. In this mystery, says the Grand Inquisitor, “lies the great secret of the world”.

The Bothers Karamazov

Please don't quote Dostoyevsky, please, he deserves better.

Chinese cops would be strict as s**t, but i doubt if they'd make stupid field day comments.
Kid should go to court and represent herself.
Her defence , Mum told me to do it.
Probably has no money.
Then refuse to pay any fines and see what happens.

In China you just disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back