Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indonesia still no reported cases? That just can't be true, and Bali, which attracts thousands of Chinese tourists is no doubt a hot bed. With the amount of Australians who travel to Bali and have returned, it's only a matter of time before there's an explosion of cases here.

In short, we're ****ed.

I'lll put my scarf on.. my mask on.. have my asthma puffer ready... will tell everyone not to visit me... not hard..:eek:
obviously these things are not hard.. guaranteed to give the neighbours the hint that I have to be by myself for a while...

Indonesia still no reported cases? That just can't be true, and Bali, which attracts thousands of Chinese tourists is no doubt a hot bed. With the amount of Australians who travel to Bali and have returned, it's only a matter of time before there's an explosion of cases here.

In short, we're f’ed.
People don’t even know they have it. ... it’s spreading like crazy right now.

It’s happening. China is done. Now for the rest of the world it’s just begun.

Scary times for all of us.....
the thing is that in Australia we don't quite have to be so worried.. however.. all we can do is to isolate those who are known to have it
and then the other thing is about not creating a fear factor.

don't want to be worried. don''t want to be kept in an isolation tank or isolation ward..

but having said this.. let me say this.. we can't be tooo heavy on the danger..
the level is that it is level.. don't go to china now for health's sake... work out who has been where and when and isolate those poor people

and then as the CSIRO work out a vaccine which they are very good at doing not to mention everyone else.. everywhere else...
the point remains.. be calm.. be careful.. be aware.. and then don't um shoot your doctor for not having enough vaccines..

I hear that Australia are garnering all forces to work out a vaccine and well we can all hope...

back to you soon..

People don’t even know they have it. ... it’s spreading like crazy right now.
don't be too worried.. it is a piece of work regarding the pneumonia virus.. these things are gathering steam and has always been with us...
the sense is that people who have been to china or elsewhere are the carriers of the virus..
so in essence it is a decision where people are going to tell themselves that it is something to watch out for...

the thing is that in Australia we don't quite have to be so worried.. however.. all we can do is to isolate those who are known to have it
and then the other thing is about not creating a fear factor.

don't want to be worried. don''t want to be kept in an isolation tank or isolation ward..

but having said this.. let me say this.. we can't be tooo heavy on the danger..
the level is that it is level.. don't go to china now for health's sake... work out who has been where and when and isolate those poor people

and then as the CSIRO work out a vaccine which they are very good at doing not to mention everyone else.. everywhere else...
the point remains.. be calm.. be careful.. be aware.. and then don't um shoot your doctor for not having enough vaccines..

I hear that Australia are garnering all forces to work out a vaccine and well we can all hope...

back to you soon..
Big problem. People have it and carry it and don’t even know it.

Personally I’m calm as you get. But let’s gets serious Australians are fairly mindless and they need to wake up.
This s**t is the real deal. In Australia we don’t get how lucky we are and most are not prepared for what may happen.

don't be too worried.. it is a piece of work regarding the pneumonia virus.. these things are gathering steam and has always been with us...
the sense is that people who have been to china or elsewhere are the carriers of the virus..
so in essence it is a decision where people are going to tell themselves that it is something to watch out for...
This Coronavirus is airborne... Iran and Italy will be huge news next week. I know.

This Coronavirus is airborne... Iran and Italy will be huge news next week. I know.
They already are. Korea too, and given how densley populated they are, needless to say, they could be done.

Chinese now admitting incubation period much longer than 14 days. Scomos.gutless decision to let students back in now looks even dumber.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

OK, let's say it keeps spreading to and within countries beyond China.

Already, a number of conferences and events have been prudently cancelled. It's highly infectious.

Could you see the AFL and NRL seasons being cancelled?
Well, Port's game in Shanghai is a certainty to be cancelled. With the surge in cases in northern Italy, the Serie A is a chance to be affected. Given how infectious and serious it is (this is far more serious than the Swine Flu given it's a pneumonia rather than a standard influenza), it's not inconceivable in the slightest.

I would like to see the official statistics on viewers and downloads of the film Contagion overt the last few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's time to panic. YET. As was discussed a few pages back, we must remain aware, and make preparations to not be caught out IF it hits the fan. Far, far better to be ready early and not need stuff, than to be one of a horde of people trying to get s**t in a massive hurry.

Korea is stuffed..

Samsung shuts factory after worker tests positive

Samsung Electronics said today that one coronavirus case had been confirmed at its mobile device factory complex in the southeastern Korean city of Gumi, causing a shutdown of its entire facility there until Monday morning, Reuters reports.
Samsung Electronics, the world’s top smartphone maker, said the floor where the infected employee worked would be shut down until the morning of 25 February. It added:
The company has placed colleagues who came in contact with the infected employee in self-quarantine and taken steps to have them tested for possible infection.
Gumi is close to the city of Daegu, home to a church at the centre of South Korea’s largest coronavirus outbreak.

"Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said medical authorities believed the virus had been contained in Australia and was slowing globally. "

It is not contained and it is not slowing around the world!!! What the hell is he talking about??? South Korea just had 200+ cases in 2 days.
Our current travel ban is working very effectively, so let's keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back