Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like politicians really aren't that significant then. You are some smart people.

In the meantime, the scientists will keep working away and the pharma companies will pump a vaccine out by the truck load soon enough.

Hope so. Many of the aged and those with disabilities are doing it hard just with the stress and fear alone. That's not to mention the casual workforce and those who live week to week.

At this stage I don't know why we don't institute a combination of what South Korea have done and what East and South East Asian countries typically do for preventing cold and flu, 1. test everyone, do a wide sweep and quarantine families who have it in their home. 2. roll out face masks to every household.

Then we could continue working, businesses could stay open and schools wouldn't have to shut.

I heard a rumour similar to that today. Friend of a friend said that the CEO of his work heard 'from a reliable source in parliament' (sounds like Ferris Beuller's Day Off) that there will be a national shutdown announced on 18 March. I'm dubious.

Seeing lots of posts like this now. Something brewing re a lockdown in the next few days?

IPA. Isopropyl alcohol, isopropanol. 5 litres is around $40 from industrial suppliers. Do not buy the pissy little 500ml container from Bunnings for $28, it'll only encourage them to price gouge. You can use clear metho but it'll pong a bit - your choice.

Thanks mate. What industrial suppliers do you recommend?

PS I just spotted your location. Good thinking. Nothing could live there. :D

Where are you based? I got mine at Radio Parts in Spencer St, North Melbourne. I use the 100% IPA for beefing up the cheapass sanitiser from IGA and for general cleaning/disinfection. They also sell 70% IPA / 30% water which is commonly called rubbing alcohol, which will also do the job.

Gaaah. Looks like other people have had the same idea. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage I don't know why we don't institute a combination of what South Korea have done and what East and South East Asian countries typically do for preventing cold and flu, 1. test everyone, do a wide sweep and quarantine families who have it in their home. 2. roll out face masks to every household.

Then we could continue working, businesses could stay open and schools wouldn't have to shut.
Don't we already only have a limited number of testing kits and face masks? Would make it hard to implement

And that's before you get to the differing cultures and likelihood of compliance

Where are you based? I got mine at Radio Parts in Spencer St, North Melbourne. I use the 100% IPA for beefing up the cheapass sanitiser from IGA and for general cleaning/disinfection. They also sell 70% IPA / 30% water which is commonly called rubbing alcohol, which will also do the job.

Gaaah. Looks like other people have had the same idea. :(

Thanks. Inner West of Sydney.

I heard a rumour similar to that today. Friend of a friend said that the CEO of his work heard 'from a reliable source in parliament' (sounds like Ferris Beuller's Day Off) that there will be a national shutdown announced on 18 March. I'm dubious.
Classic rumour. Has basically turned parts of other countries response into a ‘I have inside info’ piece. Not saying it might not largely be reflected at some point, but it’s patently bullshit

Classic rumour. Has basically turned parts of other countries response into a ‘I have inside info’ piece. Not saying it might not largely be reflected at some point, but it’s patently bullshit

Morrison/Hunt started the rumour, called it a plan but didn't give us any details beside wash your hands.

Thanks. Inner West of Sydney.

This is where I was going to suggest but they appear sold out, as well as increasing the prices by 50% compared to when we looked around Feb 20 in the "things you don't understand" thread.

Chief where did you eventually get yours shipped from?

This is where I was going to suggest but they appear sold out, as well as increasing the prices by 50% compared to when we looked around Feb 20 in the "things you don't understand" thread.

I never did in the end.

1584450842794.png

Theres one currently on ebay, 42 bids $217.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back