Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW, VIC and QLD Police have suspended indefinately static RBT sites in the interest of not catching CV-19 despite the very real risk to lives that Drink Driving brings.

That would suggest that they can to a degree anyways pick safe times to stand up

Props to the firemen and healthcare workers though
If they catch Covid from administering RBTs, they won't be able to face armed crooks :)

I suppose it's too much to expect likely DD culprits to modify their behaviour. No I didn't think so :(

Just got back from my local shopping centre. They had no toilet paper.
I went to customer service to see if they had any in stock, and just got a firm No and a dirty look in reply.
Walking back to the bathroom with my pants around my ankles was a long walk.
Should have dragged your arse along the floor like a dog with an itch.

Fast tracking drugs and masks etc.

Being called 'trump_speed'

Trump shut down the White House pandemic centre in 2017 then spent months telling everyone there was nothing to be concerned about. There are valid criticisms to be made.

One of the first things he did iirc

NSW, VIC and QLD Police have suspended indefinately static RBT sites in the interest of not catching CV-19 despite the very real risk to lives that Drink Driving brings.

That would suggest that they can to a degree anyways pick safe times to stand up

How are the police going to enforce a general lockdown if they can't talk to people through a car window?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) announced a statewide order on Thursday mandating that Californians stay at home
I wonder what he's doing for 151k homeless people in his state. 16% increase under his watch (in 1 year). California is a s**t show right now and their homeless numbers could increase coronavirus numbers significantly.

It’s a resourcing thing too, talking to a copper they’ve already had members that have caught it which means others need to self isolate if they’ve been in contact. They are getting moved from other stations to cover for absences. Leave will be canceled soon too.

I wonder what he's doing for 151k homeless people in his state. 16% increase under his watch (in 1 year). California is a s**t show right now and their homeless numbers could increase coronavirus numbers significantly.
You definitely seem the type to be concerned about homeless people. Lol.

You definitely seem the type to be concerned about homeless people. Lol.
Of course I am. As opposed to you and a lot of people in the US that try to sweep it under a rug because it's a state-run by democrats.

It's an appalling number and with nutrient deficiencies, weakened immune systems, drugs/alcohol, weather, etc. they could be under real threat during these times.

Of course I am. As opposed to you and a lot of people in the US that try to sweep it under a rug because it's a state-run by democrats.

It's an appalling number and with nutrient deficiencies, weakened immune systems, drugs/alcohol, weather, etc. they could be under real threat during these times.
I don't like the Democrats. Nice try though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicted to peak in Victoria in June
Source? Fingers crossed as that seems a reasonable outcome compared to the problems some countries seem to be facing.

so a bunch of people from a cruise ship that docked yesterday in NSW are going to end up having it. A quick look at twitter suggests a number of US people on the cruise. What a cluster* of a response to keep letting people in without specific quarantine measures.

You can also survive much easier on newstart when you have no mortgage/rent to pay.
The maximum Newstart (or Job Seeker Payment as it's now called) is $565 per fortnight. With the maximum rate of Rent Assistance added on, that's $704 per fortnight or just $352 per week. Plenty of rents are far more than $350 per week.

If you lose your job and can't find another one, and you've been paying $400 per week for the last 5 years, this government is basically saying you need to up and move, and pay for a truck, and move into the cheapest share house you can find, or your parents' place.

Job Seeker Payment is not going to scratch the surface of the financial problems more and more people are going to have. It's bad enough for the 700,000 people who are on Job Seeker already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back