Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to be dair to him, it's not just him making these decisions, if any

But it's a dog's breakfast.

But maybe the economic problem will be bigger than the virus problem. Maybe you can put a price on death

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Don't you think it's all overblown and only a flu still?

Isolate everyone now for 3 weeks minimum. Aussies are to stubborn to be asked to do something without being forced to.

Follow NZ who are doing everything right and not Italy who we are mirroring from 4 weeks ago.

Don’t ask ******* tell.

will be a long centrelink line after that

And exactly what would you do differently?

One of the main things at this point in time is ensuring that the messages they are getting across are consistent. At this point in time he’s contradicting himself within the same press conference.

It’s clear there has been no plan set out for the country for what happens during a pandemic, but if you’re going to try and develop policies on the fly, at least make sure you get your messages across clearly, consistently and firmly.

At this stage, I’m still utterly confused by a lot of what is involved in ‘Stage 2’ because it seems like those in charge are confused too.

The Centrelink phone lines were so congested with people (trying to navigate the needlessly complex and harsh system) that they hired private call centre companies (Stellar, Serco, Concentrix and Datacom) to supplement the actual Centrelink employees answering the calls.

The private call centre employees are paid approximately half as much as the Centrelink employees doing the same job (and probably have managers pressuring them to get customers off the phone instead of actually solving the problem).

And what happens when an understaffed and under-resourced system is confronted with perhaps one million people becoming unemployed at once? Chaos.

Public facing Centrelink call centres are staffed by non-Centrelink staff.
Only when things escalate are you passed on to an actual Centrelink staffer.

The system is designed to turn people away and fend for themselves.

My gov website down, millions unemployed for what, peoples working lives destroyed particularly small business

because of an alleged lack of ventilators ?.

The cost of this disaster bought on by weak Governments will outweigh the death of people via herd immunity by so much it isn't funny.

As it stands Australia is tracking at .4 of 1% mortality rate and about the same as Germany's on the back of 30,000 positive tests and at the average age of death, it is more than possible the flu has a higher mortality rate.

Insanity.

will be a long centrelink line after that
Like our PM cares what middle class Aussies have to do feed their family’s.

I am sure his upper class cronies on 400k+ a year and the people that voted him in really will feel a financial struggle on their wages and assets.

Liberal governments have always catered for the top end of the wage scale.

Like our PM cares what middle class Aussies have to do feed their family’s.

I am sure his upper class cronies on 400k+ a year and the people that voted him in really will feel a financial struggle on their wages and assets.

Liberal governments have always catered for the top end of the wage scale.

i was commenting on your policy not the liberal party

you said you would shut everything down for 3 weeks, thats fine, but most people just got the arse

Isolate everyone now for 3 weeks minimum. Aussies are to stubborn to be asked to do something without being forced to.

Follow NZ who are doing everything right and not Italy who we are mirroring from 4 weeks ago.

Don’t ask ******* tell.

Then you will have massive mental health consequences if that was the case and people would still slam Morrison, he simply cant win. Also supermarket hoarding would reach epidemic levels.

We have only 7 deaths in this country and the rate of spreading is primarily due to idiots who have travelled and not isolated themselves as required.

There is yet to be a positive test at a school, why should they close?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you think it's all overblown and only a flu still?
It still is a flu, a bad flu. I'm not afraid of getting it Yada Yada Yada. I've said the economic issue will be bigger than virus.

But if the government is going to go down this road, then don't do it half ass, ******* do it.

The powers of Health ministers in emergency epidemics have been written in law since the Spanish influenza epidemic. So I’m pretty sure it’s legal.
The constitution says that there can be no barrier to trade between the states. I think that’s still okay under the states closing their borders.

The Constitution says the Commonwealth can't place barriers in between states.

My gov website down, millions unemployed for what, peoples working lives destroyed particularly small business

because of an alleged lack of ventilators ?.

The cost of this disaster bought on by weak Governments will outweigh the death of people via herd immunity by so much it isn't funny.

As it stands Australia is tracking at .4 of 1% mortality rate and about the same as Germany's on the back of 30,000 positive tests and at the average age of death, it is more than possible the flu has a higher mortality rate.

Insanity.
Like our PM even ******* cares??

Everyone that voted Liberal that is struggling need to seriously ask themselves the question as to why they did?

Most old school Aussies have known what a Liberal government stands for and have done for decades now.

They will give the honest working class s**t and big business and the wealthy everything.

This is just exhibit A.

Let's not go nuts. Imagine Tony Abbott in charge of this. He'd shirtfront the virus and the only thing allowed to be open would be the Catholic Church and their various ventures.

You mean like Konekt, the largest Job Network provider?

One of the main things at this point in time is ensuring that the messages they are getting across are consistent. At this point in time he’s contradicting himself within the same press conference.

It’s clear there has been no plan set out for the country for what happens during a pandemic, but if you’re going to try and develop policies on the fly, at least make sure you get your messages across clearly, consistently and firmly.

At this stage, I’m still utterly confused by a lot of what is involved in ‘Stage 2’ because it seems like those in charge are confused too.

To be fair we haven't seen anything like this since WW2 and I find it hard to believe Shorton or Albo would fair any better.

Stage 1 was implemented on the basis would listen and do the right thing but clearly some dickheads in this country don't listen; hence the next phase of measures.

To be fair we haven't seen anything like this since WW2 and I find it hard to believe Shorton or Albo would fair any better.

Stage 1 was implemented on the basis would listen and do the right thing but clearly some dickheads in this country don't listen; hence the next phase of measures.
What is the next phase though? a few more closures and alot more inconsistent rulings that just confuse everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back