Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
300 dead and 1000 ill in Iran from drinking methanol after rumours it could help cure COVID...jesus!!

Don't worry bro, you got what you apparently want, beaches closed now.

Straya mate!

This is what your grandfathers hoped for you.

That you would sit in your house and shame people for going outdoors and enjoying themselves.

That you would sit at home in fear of getting sick and demanding government action against those who want to enjoy the sun.

Your ancestors would be proud of you, I'm sure.
357BF211-F3D9-40BB-8F38-07789C546C9E.jpeg

300 dead and 1000 ill in Iran from drinking methanol after rumours it could help cure COVID...jesus!!

s**t i hope they don't find out i said that on another thread , in response to the dumbass who couldn't tell Chloroquin from Chlorine Dioxide, then blamed Trump.
Really dumb people struggle at times like this.

Further study of 80 cases confirms treatment is successful in 78 cases
I think this is the same doctor who was referenced earlier in this thread complaining about the bureaucracy of the French system in not fast tracking trials for these two drugs.

Anyhow sounds promising, especially the quick time it seems to take to knock off the virus in the respiratory system before advanced symptoms can take place, at least that’s how I read it.

Seems like these two drugs work well together, but need to be administered early on in the piece.

Surely we will learn if this is a viable treatment via more clinical tests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 848527
“As you can see, the flu hospitalisations are so small compared with COVID-19 projections that they barely appear on the chart. But Simon Judkins, former president of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine, has previously told the ABC a bad flu season can push Australia's hospitals to the brink.

So will they cope with this pandemic?”

Still using a 5% ICU multiplier. That hasn’t been borne out in our numbers has it?

Further study of 80 cases confirms treatment is successful in 78 cases
Interesting. Which journal is that from? Only minor criticism is the lack of local control group (they compare their effect with previous published Chinese experience) but the reduction in symptom duration does seem significant.
Treatment arm is hydroxychloroquine 200 mg tds (I will need to check how this dose compares to other indications) and azithromycin 500mg initially then 250mg daily (very normal dose even low) and ceftriaxone added if pneumonia.

Edit the hydroxychloroquine is higher than recommended for most conditions (severe Rheumatoid arthritis is similar dosing)

Last edited:
Interesting. Which journal is that from? Only minor criticism is the lack of local control group (they compare their effect with previous published Chinese experience) but the reduction in symptom duration does seem significant.
Treatment arm is hydroxychloroquine 200 mg tds (I will need to check how this dose compares to other indications) and azithromycin 500mg initially then 250mg daily (very normal dose even low) and ceftriaxone added if pneumonia.

Edit the hydroxychloroquine is higher than recommended for most conditions (severe Rheumatoid arthritis is similar dosing)
The lack of mentioning the control group after the methods (they mention an n=80, but then only talk about the 20 who received hydroxychloroquine after that) makes it kinda hard to know just how much it is doing.

Also, most of the 20 were relatively "well" (only 15% needed supplemental O2; 4 required ICU intervention - 2 recovered enough to return to the ward, one was still in ICU and one died), so its unclear to me from reading that if the Rx is actually preventing the disease from becoming more severe or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back